Sony bans PS3 pirates, pirates unban themselves.

taviow

Tank
Reaction score
This game of one-upmanship between Sony and the PS3 modders is getting seriously heated. Responding to the news that Sony was permabanning modded consoles, a new hack claims to worm into the PSN and allow people to unban themselves.

The hack can also be used to ban another console, although they'd need access to that console's ID, which would have to be obtained from a refurb warehouse/secondhand seller or willingly given up by an idiot.

Source

Seems like a really bad time to be buying a PS3.

"There is no piracy on consoles!" Herp derp

Seems like a really bad time to be buying a PS3.

Why? Because banned pirates are unbanning themselves? How does this negatively affect anyone looking to buy a PS3?

Doesn't this mean that online cheaters can unban themselves too?

I remenber the times when you just put the disc into the console and play

I remember the times when you just put the cartridge into the console and play.

I remember the times when you just put the cassette into the cassette deck and type LOAD.

I remember the times when you went outside and kicked a ball.

Haven't done that since '93 or so.

I remember the times when you went outside and kicked a ball.

Beat me to it!

I'm with Veggies here...how the **** does this mean anything? I'd Imagine Sony will do something to stop the worm, and the hackers will do something to get around that. Doesn't affect me at all.

I still plan on purchasing a PS3 in the future. There are tons of exclusives that I haven't gotten a chance to play.

X-Box had piracy for years. PS3 is just starting, give Sony some time to catch up.

Beat me to it!

I'm with Veggies here...how the **** does this mean anything? I'd Imagine Sony will do something to stop the worm, and the hackers will do something to get around that. Doesn't affect me at all.

See:

Doesn't this mean that online cheaters can unban themselves too?

Of course, if you only play singleplayer games, like I do, then yeah, it doesn't affect you. If you play online, it does.

See:

Of course, if you only play singleplayer games, like I do, then yeah, it doesn't affect you. If you play online, it does.

Yes, I read that. The only online game I play is GT5, and that's with people I know...so my point still stands...

CyberPitz said:
Doesn't affect em at all.

Feels like it's affectin' no one at all ... no one at all ...

346168078_e773db131f.jpg

And then there's all those hacks they can't do anything about, but hey.

I remenber the times when you just put the disc into the console and play

Hear Hear.

''Hey everyone, hey, look at me, I haxored teh PS3 lolz''

Yeah, thats great, stop ruining it for everyone else.

See:

Some online cheaters are going to unban themselves! OMG DON'T ****ING BUY A PS3

BTW, I was talking with a guy who plays MW2 online and doesn't like Black Ops. He loves the hacked servers. Thinks it makes the game twice as good.

Back