Soon...

rikt

Space Core
Reaction score
New badges coming and we all know why.

it begins.jpg

I've already got all 10. I'm ready for whatever this is.

That trading cards. Extremely pointless... And the most retarded concept ever created by Valve.

How do you already have all 10?

The cards are dropping in the same fashion they have been in previous years: Crafting other game badges. People have been adding them to the Steam Marketplace all week.

I've already got all 10. I'm ready for whatever this is.

It's pretty much confirmed to be the summer sale.

Seems like 19th June this time....so basically in less than 48 hours.

I know that, but do we know what the cards will actually do? Or what the badge crafting will give?

We don't know what items it will give, but it'll probably be themed backgrounds and emoticons like last year.

I'm still fairly new to steam; so I have to ask, is the Summer Sale really as hectic as people claim it is?

I'm still fairly new to steam; so I have to ask, is the Summer Sale really as hectic as people claim it is?
If you've got a lot of stuff you're waiting for price drops on, yeah. It gets less hectic each year though, only because you already own most of what you want from last year. I'll probably only buy 5-10 games this time.

Since you are +/- new with Steam, here's a video regarding the Sales. Link for Video

Here's another website that might be nice to just read. Link to website

Basically it tells you how you shouldn't start buying games immediately when the sale begins.
You should wait and see if the games you want appear in either of these:
  • Flash deals
  • Community choice
  • Daily deals
These are basically sales inside the sales, so the games will be even cheaper than the regular sale discount.

If at the end of the sale the games you want did not appear in any of these deals I mentioned above, then you should buy them. that means buying the games on the last day of the sale after the last deal is shown and you are sure that will be the best price possible.

Hope this helps.

Back