Source Code (by director of Moon) is out

Should be noted that the director of Moon is Duncan Jones, aka Zowie Bowie, son of guess who.

Should also be noted that this film has limited release and as far as I know isn't up for viewing in Australia. Considering how much I loved Moon, please for the love of god tell me if you know anything to the contrary.

I couldn't stand the direction Moon took, I hope this turns out better.

From being this stark sci-fi psychological thriller to a terribly written unnecessary group drama.

It appears to me that your complaining about how it deviated from the norm of psychological sci-fi where there is a grim/tense action ending like sunshine and event horizon. Instead you got something unique and unpredictable that ends on a lighter note.

I liked Moon. I've only seen a short preview for Source Code, reminded me of 12 Monkeys.

From being this stark sci-fi psychological thriller to a terribly written unnecessary group drama.

What is a group drama? There are literally two characters in the whole movie. The direction is a bit out there, but I never found any problem with the writing and thought it was pretty solid. Frankly, at the beginning I was enjoying it, but I couldn't see myself enjoying it for two hours. "Sam Rockwell's going crazy and dying. Aaaaaand, he's still going crazy and dying."

I'm doing double dates with my girl this coming Friday, maybe we'll all see this considering I keep hearing good things. We also just watched Love and Other Drugs and it was mildly amusing

Back