Source games: HL, DoD, TFC

ferd

Reaction score
Why do you make a division called "Source games" and then only make a CS-Source section? It aint fair now is it :bonce:

I'm sure it is just temporary. MAYBE.

probably because Valve have only shown CS:Source, so theres nothing we know about the others.

Yeah, cs:source has only been shown, so we really have no idea about the rest yet, and yes im sure it is only temporary.

Tbh, we know just about as much of CS-S then we do of TFC-S and HL-S....

ferd said:
Tbh, we know just about as much of CS-S then we do of TFC-S and HL-S....

I'd have to disagree on the basis that we've seen about 2-3 minutes of CS:S and not even a word on anything else..

Does'nt he say that all the major mods for halflife will be converted to source?

Not like it matters, it wont stop anyone talking about Source : < enter game > here

I'm more excited about sequels than Source versions... though to replay HL with source might be fun.

Ansur said:
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22755

Is specifically says Half-Life and add-ons.
And about CS-Source: those 2-3 minutes don't tell much, now do they ?

If you're gonna argue that the movie we saw on CS:S tells as little about the game as the lack of information we have on TFC and DoD, etc. you have a serious problem and should look into getting evaluated.

We saw models, we saw how the environment will react to certain things, we saw alot more than nothing.

What we saw was the source-engine put into a different context.
I mean, these guys are superb programmers and designers. I doubt what we saw was really hard to make. They could've just made the same thing for DoD or TFC. They just had this shown because CS is more popular than any other HL mod at the moment.

Ansur said:
What we saw was the source-engine put into a different context.
I mean, these guys are superb programmers and designers. I doubt what we saw was really hard to make. They could've just made the same thing for DoD or TFC. They just had this shown because CS is more popular than any other HL mod at the moment.
Ansur your totally missing the point.
the reason that this new section of the forum is called CS:Source discussion, is simply because its tangible.. we have seen it, and there are more details on it than on anything else, therefore until more is released on the others, this will probably remain CS:Source.
there is a rumor and speculations section for the rest.

also they said something they had been doing "recently" was converting mods (and noted Cs was currently in the process) so I assume that it is the first to be ported (besides HL1), due to its huge popularity.

I'm not reacting on this new forum, I do know how to read and thus understand that the 'Counter-Strike: Source'-forum is for CS-Source :)
All I'm saying is that they would've shown us TFC-source if that mod would've been more popular than CS at the moment.

That being my point and kinda showing that we +- know as many (or as less) from other source-mods than we know from CS-source.

ferd said:
Why do you make a division called "Source games" and then only make a CS-Source section? It aint fair now is it :bonce:
Becuase CS:Source is the only one we've seen vids of etc.

Is Half-Life (the original single player and multiplayer) being enhanced via Source too? I'd love to see Bootcamp on source, like they did with Aztec for CS

I want to see DOD and TFC shots... valve is doing this on purpose... what a great idea

Pobz said:
Is Half-Life (the original single player and multiplayer) being enhanced via Source too? I'd love to see Bootcamp on source, like they did with Aztec for CS

I doubt it. So far they have just said it will be ported to source. It doesn't seem like they will actually redo any content though.

kind off a stupid reason imo... :s
but I understand...since HL2.net's staff is making a CS-S site and all...

*impartial*

Back