Source Racer: Beta 2.0 Release

Kangy

Reaction score
Source Racer, the first racing modification for Half Life 2, has just released the third update to their beta phase.
[br]
[br]Introducing a multitude of new maps, as well as a brand new power-up and nitro variant into the gameplay, the beta isn't just a bug fix. Also included are new sounds and Linux support for dedicated servers.
[br]
[br]You can download the modification here and the server files here. Both are hosted on Filefront.

Also screenshots, I need to see it before I download.

|Dystopia| said:
Also screenshots, I need to see it before I download.

There are screenshots of SR when you click the link.

Eek needs new website theme! Hurts my eyes....

I want buggy racing, not airboat racing... Why? when you have lotsa lag on server, airboat already has lag because of the hover, and then the added latency makes it worse... Maybe there is a buggy map and I haven't found it?

holy crap, that is the funnest racing game ive ever played. Never had so many laughs...doing double jump, and going over 1/2 the map...so fun....

Barrel rolls with the double turbo in the pipe...omfg, the list goes on and on!

Iced_Eagle said:

I want buggy racing, not airboat racing... Why? when you have lotsa lag on server, airboat already has lag because of the hover, and then the added latency makes it worse... Maybe there is a buggy map and I haven't found it?

You shouldn't judge a game by the people's poor servers/connections. Also, there is no buggy map.

I like it :) Only bad thing is that latency but maybe there will be better servers soon ;)

yeh i hate that part, you press left then half a second later itll turn

I played it. It's a good release for an early beta.

Still I prefer they get rid of the 'hl2 airboat feeling' by making a total other race feeling with diff models and phyiscs.

By the way, some good leveldesign.... it was quite fun!

Iced_Eagle said:

I was under the impression that buggies lag more than airboats because they require more calculations for four wheels instead of the one "wheel" the airboat has.

You know you have some serious issues when you start designing racing games off of a shooter. :LOL:

This mod is very fun! I would like to see more servers and more people playing. I love the maps, the only one I really don't like is the city level, but that can be fixed if they make that level have the buggy not the airboat. Other than that I can't wait for the final version.

crap, all the fast servers are offline...

I really loved this mod, now I fund out there is an exploit?? I hate it! Some dumb kids were exploiting, they were getting head starts and boy was it annoying.

Oh well, its still a beta. Anyways, does anyone know about the secret room in Spillway?? You go in it and it says "FINA" and you hear the voice of a resistance member saying the "Sometimes I dream about cheese" line. Pretty nice little easter egg.

What bug is this? Did you report it on the SR forums?

Apart from garys, does this make this the first proper mod release? :cheers:

Back