SourceForts v1.9.1 Released

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Remember childhood? Remember building forts out of sofa cushions and your dad's expensive hi-fi equipment? Remember wishing you had something altogether more...serious to hand?[br]You can live that dream, relive your wasted childhood and build the perfect fort you never had the chance to build with Sourceforts, a mod that has gangs of rebels and Combine building their own enormous strongholds before gleefully shooting each other in the face. Use your gravity gun to erect a fiendish array of walls and barriers in the 'build phase'; use your arsenal of weapons to take down your enemy's fort in the combat phase. This new update adds class balancing, new maps and a load of smaller, yet significant fixes. The mod's been around for a while, but for some reason I can't quite fathom I don't think it's appeared on here before. Until now![br]

newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
[br]You can download the full version at the Sourceforts website and find out more here.

I played this game a while ago for a bit. Let's give it another try shall we?

Does that tank thing... Move :O

liked old versions better, it's no longer pure :(

I like the new versions (Havnt played this one) but they set the stupiest limits in their mod. Dunno it needs more detail.

Ennui said:
liked old versions better, it's no longer pure :(

Ever tried neoforts?

Great job on the update! Even though it took more than 7 months :(

vegeta897 said:
Feh, I just played, they don't move. In relation to eachother, that is. Just the ground moves. That's meh. And the ragdolls don't even stay on the ground, they stay with the tanks. :(

I was expecting something more dynamic.

Limitations of the source engine unfortunately. Still it's great fun to play with the two different movement dynamics going on - running next to a tank or defending from one.

Also, that map is so easy to capture the flag in :D I just run in really quick, grab it, and then dive off the back, disappearing into the dust. Then I make my way back to home base.

I once went in with nothing but 6 health and made it back alive and capped the flag. :)

And then the admins were a bunch of asses, I felt like I was playing CS.

vegeta897 said:
Also, that map is so easy to capture the flag in :D I just run in really quick, grab it, and then dive off the back, disappearing into the dust. Then I make my way back to home base.

I once went in with nothing but 6 health and made it back alive and capped the flag. :)

And then the admins were a bunch of asses, I felt like I was playing CS.

Mostly false. I know all the admins on the major servers, and they are all fair. As long as you don't start "testing" the unfreeze button they won't bother you.

Sorry bud but some people in the "Aka" clan (I think that is what it was) were pretty mean. I'll go into detail if need be.

Back