Spark Effect w/ 6800GT

R

ralfyboy

i have a BFG 6800GT OC, and i get a significant amount of lag around the spark effect on the source engine. i first noticed it when i played through ravenholm and some guy is getting electricuted on a fence. right there, it is unplayable. i get less than 15fps. then, i saw it in the prodigy map from cs source. there is a hallway w/ the same spark effect, and i cant even get close to the hallway or i lag.

anyone else have this problem? i've been using the 66.93's.

I don't have that problem at all and I'm using a BFG 6600gt OC. That sounds really fishy.

stfu jaime! you little twunt! sorry, i know this guy, and he's been bragging to me that he doesnt have the same problem.

i'm gonna give him a knuckle sandwhich next time i see him :p

I may not have that problem but as of getting my new 6600gt card, I have also received that infamous "sound stutter". So I guess you beat me there Ralf.

yeah, i tried some modified 71.40's for optimal nvidia gain, but performance actually decreased. sux. also tried regular betas, and to no avail.

What's ur system spec? If an almost identical gfx card does not have the same problem (and there is CERTAINLY no reason for a BFG 6800GT OC to have it) it may be due to something else in your system

3400 Clawhammer, Sound Blaster 2 ZS, 160GB SATA, 500W PSU, K8N NeoFSR

no reason why it should do this

I agree! Weird ... perhaps you could try a hardware forum like Tech-PC? They may be able to help.

I'm off of hardcoreware.net (don't need to go there, but I'm offering some credibility background if anyone's interested ;)) tech forums, perhaps I can help.

How much ram do you have? Which vid card drivers have you tried? Chipset drivers? Which DX version? Defragged lately? Anything running in the background? As much info as you can fill us in man. :)

Run 3d Mark 01, Aquamark 3, and 3d mark 03, and Sisoft Sandra, should help me pin-point the problem.

His specs are:

AMD 64 3400+
1GB Corsair XMS
Audigy 2 ZS
6800gt
500w power supply
160 GB SATA Hard Drive
MSI K8N NEOFSR nForce 3

He's using the 66.93 drivers for the 6800gt, has DX9.0c and he tells my that he has not intsalled the chipset drivers, even though I keep telling him to install the GART driver at least.

I have this EXACT problem.. running a 6800GT dx9c and those drivers...

I cant seem to fix it...

and the lighting getss messed on more than just the blue spark..

PLEASE HELP THIS FIX!!!

I had this problem, and I know this will be absolutely no help to you, but I'll tell you anyway.

First of all, system specs...

newcastle A64 3200+
Gigabyte k8ns pro
512 megs Hyper X Kingston ddr pc3200
Gainward 6800 GT - stock speeds
TTGI superflower 550W psu

I had the exact same problem, same place and everything. I also got it with a flashing light in the tunnel at the begining of sandtraps (with all the headcrabs and wrecked cars). Anyways, I never got rid of it until my PSU blew up and fried my MB. I got an RMA on the PSU and MB (same models), and now I don't have problems in those areas. The only difference at all was my video card was overclocked, and now it's not. That may be your problem, but I can't say for sure.

Well, he says it fixed now, and he has no idea what fixed it. No changes or anything, it just decided to work. Oh well, this is just one of those mysteries.. But it does tend to follow with the 6800gt, so that may be a slight cause of the problem. I've seen three so far who have the same problem and the same card.

Back