*spoilers* Kick-Ass, hands down, it was pretty...

hot564231

Reaction score
Kick-Ass, hands down, it was pretty damn entertaining, I can say I enjoyed that it wasn't exactly like the comic cus I don't want to see the exact same thing I was reading a few weeks ago.

Big Daddy was hilarious, his speech pattern was that of retarted Adam West.

And yeah the UK got this movie on 26th of March, while I'm reading on imdb that the USA release will happen on the 16th of April.

Any fellow UK'ers/Ireland viewers see this already? :imu:

The movie starts off very comical, typical teen movie, and then half way through this shit gets serious, and this is were the movie takes off, its really becomes an entertaining movie although the ending is ****ing ridiculous.

But its so far in my top 5 spring/summer list.

My daughter really wants to see this movie. I watched the tail end of one trailer while on break @ work & from what I saw, it looks somewhat funny. Not so sure that I'll be paying full price to go see it at the theaters, but I will at some point watch it. Perhaps once it makes it's way to DVD or if it goes to one of the cheap(er) movie theaters.

-MRG

Apparently some people say it should be called the Hit-Girl Adventures, since she takes up most of the screentime.

I can't read the tone of your post, but you're not saying that like it's a bad thing, are you?

Also, apparently Ebert hated it, because WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?! So I guess it's good. Always go against what Ebert says.

Although, Rob Liefeld has been twittering that he liked the movie. Liefeld. I don't know what to think, now.

I can't read the tone of your post, but you're not saying that like it's a bad thing, are you?

Never read the comics nor am I going to see the movie, so it's just informative I guess.

Mind spoilering the differences?

Dave = Kick ass's alter ego.

Dave in the comic is an out outcast, in the movie he has friends to fall back on

There is a part in the movie where Dave gets the girl and they fall in cahoots (Dave was acting gay to get close to her, its simply explained better in the movie), in the comic Dave reveals he not gay and rejects him outright and gets all their friends to beat the shit out of Dave (With a comment like "I think of you every day and night" from a young horny boy, things would go bad)

End of the comic plays out like a low-key shoot out, at the end of the movie the most ridiculous (but awesome) ending happens I will not spoil.

The big daddy/hit girl characters are under played in the comic, in the movie they'll get more of a back story.

For the first half of the movie is what somewhat happens in the first half of the comic.

The movie brings alot more drama to the tablet.

The big daddy character was not a cop in the comic

Movie has happy-ish ending, comic has a punch in the gut ending.

The Red Mist character is underplayed to in the comic, while the movie expands it.

Big Daddy's actually a cop in this? Man. I'd heard that he doesn't get shot like in the comic, but he's actually a cop and not just some big super nerd? Pfft.

Big Daddy's actually a cop in this? Man. I'd heard that he doesn't get shot like in the comic, but he's actually a cop and not just some big super nerd? Pfft.

He gets burnt alive in the movie. plus is still kind of a nerd in the movie

I saw this tonight. It was awesomely entertaining. I'll probably buy it on DVD when it comes out and add it to my collection.

Overall the movie gets a 9.5/10

lives up to its movie title, 100%. beautifully directed action sequences, each of which always brought some new twist onto the table.

thought the music was well-selected too!

Yes the music was brilliantly placed, the 28 days later theme was prefect for big daddy.

Back