Stadium Arcadium

oldagerocker

Reaction score
The new album by RHCP.
Anyone got it yet?.. its on certain download sites.

For me, i love the chili peppers... but this whole album seems to me to be alittle too mellow, the songs sort of merge into one another and after one CD... its too much, let alone another of exactly the same sort of songs....

Any really good songs on the album, sort of slide by, they're drowned out by all the other songs... because there's just so many.

Im pretty disapointed, but not completely because its a pretty good chillout album for me... and i LOVE john frusciente so i love the guitaring on the album. :)

What does anyone else think?

I like Dani California, and this album sounds promising, but i can honestly say i haven't heard it yet. Any songs in particular you enjoyed for me to listen out for?

Well, i prefer the old rhcp, to the softer stuff... and songs havent really stood out on this album, but i've only heard it the once.
One song that has stood out is Readymade and Hump de hump is very much Mothers milk'ish, old rhcp :)

Im sure there are some other good songs that deserve praise, but its hard to pick them out while listening... because there's just so much, some of it like Stadium Arcadium, the song, are just 'samey'... and formulaic of the last chili's album. But... meh, whatever :p

Yeah, I`m listening to it now, stll on CD1, so far so Chilli Peppers, same old sound, nothing that great, stll, it`s early in and may pick up.

It doesnt :( The whole 2 ****ing cd's. pfft. The only thing i like about is the guitar/bass playing. I think the songs.. they're just pop.

Their early stuff was crazy good, but they have certainly calmed down a bit. I really liked their last album, but haven't gotten this one yet. Hopefully this week sometime....

Superb album, 28 songs, several of them simply suck but the rest is pure awesome. But I liked Californiacation better =>

Is it worth getting, then? Thinking of buying it when it comes out. Love RHCP, my dad does too, so it'll be good for us to get.

I'd say so. I was about to buy it myself, but why the hell when you got a PC together with the net?

I prefer to buy CD's. I like having them on my shelf and I enjoy the booklets. Plus, download programmes don't work for me and I just can't be bothered. I'd barely use them to be honest.

Its out...I gotta go to the mall and get this

liked californication...only heard that dani california song and wasnt too impressed...Sounds kinda like the same stuff on a new album...

i love RHCP's old stuff, even Californication is a good album but the album after that (By the way i think its called?) wasn't as great and not everyone is impressed by this new album.

sadly, over the years RHCP's lost their edge...and that edgey music they played back in the day.
now it just seems like they are catering to the masses instead of making good albums.
oh well...i heard this is their last album too..i suppose its for the best. :(

I think this album suffers from Dani California not sounding like anything else on the album.

I think its awesome. Then again, I never really listened to them until now.

Picked it up today. I'm not sure of it so far..... I'm on Jupiter, and it's kind of chugging along.

Hump de Bump is probably my favourite track so far. And Slow Cheetah is just like Road Trippin' (if you listen carefully).

Raxxman said:
I think this album suffers from Dani California not sounding like anything else on the album.
There again, By the Way sounded like nothing else on.. By the Way. :p

I borrowed it off my mate so I'm going to listen to it at the weekend. So far I've listened to Dani California (just for the cool solo) and Snow ((Hey Oh)) because its been in everyones MSN playlist-names for awhile now and my mate says its excellent. It was alright.

I just got this from the mall with my gift card my aunt gave me like 2 years ago. lol. Listening now will post impressions later

mhm...I bought that Danni California song off Itunes..its cathy but it isnt rock imo....more pop.

Back