Star Wars Galaxies?

How is it now?

• The new way is aweshome.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Old way is better.. GOD D*MN YOU SOE!

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • I dont really care, they are both okay.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Never played.

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • WoW fowever!!!

Votes: 5 11.4%

• Total voters

Acepilotf14

Sucked so much dick for this title
Reaction score
SWG = Screwed.
Who has played it before and after CU and NGE?

Yeah, only fun thing atm is JTL..and that even sucks now since they havnt updated it at all...theres NOTHING to do.

I'd give it about a 7/10. It's still okay. But the new bug sucks. If you have a toon on Wanderhome my name is 'Billy Shears.

It's crap now, I played it a while back, before all the big changes and when Jedi wasn't a class.

I tried it a few weeks back and the only players are all high levels and not that many compared to before when the cities were literally loaded with human players.

It was such a good game and could of really hit it big can't say that about it now.

First year of SWG was the best, I played on Chilastra......really was a lotta fun, memories :(

Star Wars really, really could've worked.

But it doesn't.

I played got SWG imported when it was reelased in the US and it was an excellent game, unfortunatly the CU realy did screw it over.. I kept playing til a month after Rise of the Wookies then couldnt take anymore and went to WoW. >.<

I played it when it first came out and didn't find it fun in the slightest. I had played WoW before that and SWG just didn't compare in quality.

I was in the beta. The beta told me all I needed to know about that game. :|

I played on Kauri for the first year or so of the game with some friends and it was some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game. But yeah, then they started nerfing everything to hell, and it just isn't fun anymore. I'd like to give it another spin sometime though..

WoW wasnt even close to a release date from SWG...
Unless you mean super alpha beta gamma omega... whatever.

I played on Kauri for the first year or so of the game with some friends and it was some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game. But yeah, then they started nerfing everything to hell, and it just isn't fun anymore. I'd like to give it another spin sometime though..

I was on Kuari too :eek: so many Frenchies on that server :p played a Zarbrak commando called Marneus Calgar.. man commando was a pants skill until they uber buffed it then everyone went commando. >.<

I was on Kuari too :eek: so many Frenchies on that server :p played a Zarbrak commando called Marneus Calgar.. man commando was a pants skill until they uber buffed it then everyone went commando. >.<

What guilds were you in?

I was Ikourto Carkien, and later, Shadow Fusion (OMG SO XCORE!). I was in SITH, and AI mostly.

I went there with a bunch of UO friends when it first came out in the US, we didnt bother making a guild for ages and when we did it was just a small one of less than 20 people, annoyingly enough I cant remember what it was called. >.<

Found some old screenshots too :p heres one of me abusing my PvP rank on the poor helpless NPCs.

http://www.b1ade.eclipse.co.uk/fear.jpg
http://www.b1ade.eclipse.co.uk/fearme.jpg

actualy got alot of old SWG screenies but their almost all from back when I had a naff PC so the quality sucks. :p We all moved to Chimera when the Eu servers came out, ended up making a guild called Nebula Inc and griefed the RP community for a few months before eevryone gave up and quit. :(

Im trying to get back into City of Heroes now.. Only thing to do.

Played it before their god damn combat upgrades.
Their ruined the entire game with their ****ing nge.
They completely dumbed down the gameplay and reduced the professions to 9 generic classes, so it would appeal to a wider audience.Man,were they wrong.They lost hundres if not thousands of subscribers cause of it.
Anyway,it used to be my favorite mmo and now we're stuck with playing mediocre fantasy mmo's cough Wow cough* and it's countless clones.
At least i got COH.(no,not chicken)

Star Wars Galaxies was an awesome game. I ... was a total geek for that game. When it was after school, SWG. Weekends? SWG. And Day of Defeat.

Then ... my computer died. :x

I made a thread about this a long time ago. Galaxies is infact, in the sh*t hole. I could complain about it all day. But what baffles me is this, Torres even said he knew that people would leave, and then when he is getting about 90% less income, decides to leave it the same way. WTF!!!
He is just downright stupid. He took a wonderful MMO, threw it on the streets, and stabbed us in the back for being it's friend.

I remember how damn awsome it was, I joined a week after CU came out. I was impressed, and then I hear the Pre-CU is about 20x better, which seemed....well....not possible. But it is. www.truegalaxies.com

So I finally am on the FS grind and on my second FS tree, then BAM. Julio Torres decides to fail at life, and just crash. I am screwed with 4000 other people. All the Jedi Initiates and higher get tons of reward. Everyone else is just told, thank you for playing. God, how can someone be THAT damn stupid. It's just insane.

Back