Starting a video series where I save scripted-to-die NPCs, two of Half Life 2's were up first...

Neat idea, fairly entertaining to watch.

Something that came to mind was the falling elevator, among other tragedies in chapters 3 and 4 of Half-Life. Not sure if you can save them though, I know I have tried that a great deal.

About to watch the videos but before I do I just wanted to say that I like your username. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is a favorite of mine.

Yeah, these are pretty fun to watch. Post if you make any more :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the Crow video. You my friend have a new subscriber.

About to watch the videos but before I do I just wanted to say that I like your username. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is a favorite of mine.

Ah yes, it's my favourite album of all time. Love everything Jeff's done, even those often bizarre early demo tapes.

Yeah, these are pretty fun to watch. Post if you make any more :)

Thanks, I will!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Crow video. You my friend have a new subscriber.

I realize now it probably would have been a bit more appropriate if it was a magnificent bald eagle but hey ho. Thanks!

Something that came to mind was the falling elevator, among other tragedies in chapters 3 and 4 of Half-Life. Not sure if you can save them though, I know I have tried that a great deal.

Oh yeah that ones been suggested a few times, I have actually seen it done but I can't for the life of me remember how the person did it. I think it was in the Black Mesa mod and they abused some physics glitch, I'll look into it

Deleted off topic and other junk. The video idea is too neat to have the thread mucked up. So I'll leave the apology, but we're dropping that part of the discussion away.

Seriously this is a fun series concept.

Deleted off topic and other junk. The video idea is too neat to have the thread mucked up. So I'll leave the apology, but we're dropping that part of the discussion away.

Seriously this is a fun series concept.

Thanks dude!

Just uploaded my second video of the day, (almost) saving a group of scientists in Half Life 1

I'll probably be doing a third Half Life 2 video tomorrow then move on to various other stuff for the time being

I can't believe you skipped the "MY GOD OPEN THE SILO DOORS!" guy!

nice vid :)
-I refuse to go another step!
-move it or i'll blow up your head :jimlad: &
-(ROBO VOICE) yes sure Mr.FREEMAN,I accept blowing my head , but please feed the rest of my body to my dog .he is neither vegetarian nor italian his a cannibal :wacky:

i warned u bout the trolls bro i warned u

We're Doomed scientist fella video up!

This video series is really neat, it would be cool to see an entire Let's Play of this game without letting any of the scientists & security guards die. In the chapter Apprehension, you could try and save that security guard who, halfway through relaying his message to you, is shot by a Black Ops Assassin. Also, you can skip the chapter by whacking that guy with a crowbar, then pushing him into the security door. FUN FACT

Oh come on Matt, everyone knew that trick already. Get with the program.

I didn't actually know that trick I'm a HL noob :(

But I've been mulling the Lets Play idea over for a few days, I was thinking of doing all the 'original' games (1, blue shift, opposing force, black mesa) but I wasn't sure if anyone would want to see the entire game as opposed to little segments

I personally like it as smaller clips. You can hand pick the scenarios that you want to try beforehand, and it makes the videos short and distinct.

I personally like it as smaller clips. You can hand pick the scenarios that you want to try beforehand, and it makes the videos short and distinct.

Yeah I just tried doing it in a Lets Play style and it didn't work very well, there were lots of areas with little to no NPCs and it was pretty boring. Gonna stick to smaller clips!

In the chapter Apprehension, you could try and save that security guard who, halfway through relaying his message to you, is shot by a Black Ops Assassin.

He's not actually shot with a projectile, he is just scripted to die. There's no bullet that kills him. So it just plays a sound and then he keels over.

These clips are awesome. You sound like you're having a right laugh playing them. That's always a plus point when watching things like this. The very first one in the original post had me pissin myself. Prob cos I talk to myself in just the same way as you were talking through that when playing games.... Brilliant stuff.

These clips are awesome. You sound like you're having a right laugh playing them. That's always a plus point when watching things like this. The very first one in the original post had me pissin myself. Prob cos I talk to myself in just the same way as you were talking through that when playing games.... Brilliant stuff.

Thanks man, yeah they're fun to make!

Also not part of the saving people series but I just put up a little secret thing I discovered, how to feed a bullsquid

Well, that looks familiar.

Week long bump with a new video, saving that hazmat scientist who gets killed by a zombie in the beginning of Opposing Force

Valve should make this a thing in Half-Life 3, like, if you save all of the rescue-able NPC's you get an achievement.

Haven't posted for ages but here's a whole load of new Half Life NPCs!

The start of every rebel in Anticitizen One:

Reuniting two security guards in Black Mesa Source

The guard who gets killed by the tentacle thing

Laszlo again (in which he's properly saved!)

More Half Life vids!

The citizens during the metrocop raid at the beginning of Half Life 2 (using strategic furniture barricading...)

The rebels in the strider fight outside the overwatch nexus

Actually managing to save the very first citizen I tried to save

The plaza fight rebels in Anticitizen One

The guard blown up by a houndeye on a bridge in Black Mesa

The scientist killed by the tentacle boss in Half Life 1

and the rebels often killed by snipers in Follow Freeman

Back