Steam Client Update Released

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include: [br]
[br]
Steam Client
  • Improved startup time
  • Added support for upcoming Left 4 Dead server groups feature
  • Improved behavior of Steam if a game it launched crashes
  • Updated localization for various languages
  • Added error messages for some rare but confusing cases in the install wizard
  • Fixed cybercafe's having trouble finding games in Left 4 Dead
  • Fixed bug that caused the UI to not pop-up the achievement notification
  • Fixed memory leak in the HTML control
  • Fixed the in-game overlay to work in Vista when playing Fallout 3
  • Fixed losing mouse input to the menu in Sacred 2 after using the game overlay
  • Fixed a case where the game overlay could get stuck up while in-game
  • Fixed a case where the game overlay could cause a game crash after alt-tab

Good WORK!

Good work Steam, keep the updates coming!

It may just be a placebo effect, but Steam does seem to be starting up significantly faster...

Anyone else notice an awesome startup time decrease?

Nice! looks like Valve are addressing the steam issues thats been bothering me for years.
:D

<3 Valve.

It may just be a placebo effect, but Steam does seem to be starting up significantly faster...

Anyone else notice an awesome startup time decrease?

A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select &quot;Check for Steam Client Updates...&quot;. The specific changes include: [br]
[br]
Steam Client
  • Improved startup time
  • Added support for upcoming Left 4 Dead server groups feature
  • Improved behavior of Steam if a game it launched crashes
  • Updated localization for various languages
  • Added error messages for some rare but confusing cases in the install wizard
  • Fixed cybercafe's having trouble finding games in Left 4 Dead
  • Fixed bug that caused the UI to not pop-up the achievement notification
  • Fixed memory leak in the HTML control
  • Fixed the in-game overlay to work in Vista when playing Fallout 3
  • Fixed losing mouse input to the menu in Sacred 2 after using the game overlay
  • Fixed a case where the game overlay could get stuck up while in-game
  • Fixed a case where the game overlay could cause a game crash after alt-tab

Yes I did.

I don't know why.. but this time when i try to close left 4 dead demo it just freezes for some seconds and doesn't close quickly.. this didn't happened after the update. Steam is kinda buggy this update didn't bring new improves at all lol.. sorry but this is my point.. there are still some bugs and now steam crashes some times...

Just because it didnt help you doesnt mean it didnt help a lot of other people (ATI users especially). They fixed an ATI graphic bug that was making lots of people experience rainbow-coloured textures... but now it's gone. I'm so happy! :stare:

Just because it didnt help you doesnt mean it didnt help a lot of other people (ATI users especially). They fixed an ATI graphic bug that was making lots of people experience rainbow-coloured textures... but now it's gone. I'm so happy! :stare:
I get that bug with the nVIDIA as well but now i think it is fixed.. but there are some delays with the closing games and changing the option [store to community] it freezes my steam and sometimes it crashed..

Back