Steam for Mac Now Available, Launch Titles Here

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>[br]

The Steam Client is now downloadable on Mac from here with Portal, Torchlight, Team Fortress 2, LucasArts classics and Telltale episodics.[br]

LucasArts is among the companies using "Steam Play" so that if you have already purchased the games for PC you can download the Mac versions for free.[br]

Gamers who download Steam between now and May 24th will also receive a free copy of Valve's game of the year award-winning Portal.

• And Yet It Moves
  • Braid
  • Football Manager 2010
  • Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • Killing Floor
  • Loom
  • Machinarium
  • Portal
  • Sam &amp; Max: The Devil's Playhouse
  • Tales of Monkey Island Season 1
  • The Dig
  • Torchlight
  • World of Goo
  • Zuma Deluxe

It'll be interesting to see the next Steam hardware survey. If the Humble Indie Bundle's OS pie chart is any indication of what kind of computers gamers use, then I think we'll see an impressive number of Mac gamers show up.

EDIT: wait my bad, got it working now

hurrah

edit2: sweet, portal is free for a few days. i get to the store and it's just a blank, black screen, though. is that just because everyone and their mums are downloading right now...?

edit3: no, again, my bad. found how to install it, just had to go through my games or whatever, except now i need to update my mac to .3. whoops.

*in before mac hipster invasion*

mac hipster: dude! how I can change the style of the interface of the game to something more fashionable like lady gaga?

*shivers*

macsteamalfredjasongabe.jpg

*in before mac hipster invasion*

mac hipster: dude! how I can change the style of the interface of the game to something more fashionable like lady gaga?

*shivers*

this makes even less sense then a usual rjmc post. lady gaga... with mac hipsters? i mean really?

we're all about joanna newsom over here bro

time to register 1,000,000 new steam accounts with copies of portal and run a business scalping them for $1 when it goes back to costing money.

/evil laughter

THAT'S A MILLION DOLLARS!!!

Hmmm. It would appear that since my Desktop died about 9 months ago I've completely lost all information pertaining to my old Steam account.

Oh well. Starting over will probably cost about $50 bucks anyway. It nice of them to offer Portal for free. (I took my mac about 2 hours to download and install)

Edit: When will TF2 and the HL's be out?

just been playing some portal, seems my mac runs valve titles just fine. really looking forward to having some friends over, getting really baked and showing them portal.

i hear braid is good. shall i get it?

Peggle is also available and not on your list!

Portal is still downloading, but I tried Torchlight and that seems to run without a hitch. Bring on TFtoo!

edit Portal runs just fine as well. Good news :)

Mac users are already accustomed to Steve Jobs telling them how everything they use should look and operate. Why would this be any different.

so machinarium is really ****ing good, yeah.

steam for mac is ace. finally i can play games at uni!

Back