Portal 2 DLC Released + Portal 2 50% Off

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
[br]The free DLC, titled "Portal 2: Peer Review", is available to all owners of Portal 2 for download on PS3 and Xbox 360, and will be automatically downloaded via Steam on PC and Mac.
In "Peer Review", you and a friend continue the story of loyal bots P-Body and Atlas as you puzzle your way through a mysterious new co-op test track and once again match wits with GLaDOS. The free DLC also features a single player and co-op Challenge Mode, and leaderboards to compare Challenge Mode scores with friends and the Portal community.
To celebrate the release of the free DLC, Portal 2 is now on sale for 50% off on Steam through Thursday at 4pm PT.

Unfortunately there's no advanced chambers for SP. That's what I was hoping for most.

I would have loved some actual SP content but those challenges are just like in Portal, right? Played through some of the co-op with Garg, a couple of really fun puzzles there.

I was hoping for actual SP content since I don't have a local body to play co-op with and don't really feel like slogging through it with an internet denizen.

'Course I can't complain. Free is free. Oh well.

The Ending is just amazing. I really enjoyed the full Co-op course too, had some mind melting moments too which are always good from the Portal 2 co-op.

Is it not available in Denmark yet? cause i can't find it anywhere on steam.. my portal 2 started to update, but i don't have it in my game library.. help, please?

Do you mean Portal 2 isn't in your library? That's odd.

Funnily enough, right-clicking on Portal 2 and trying to find out about donwloadable content reveals that this DLC does not count as DLC. Instead it's just a 750mb update that Valve assumes you want when it next updates Portal 2.

Funnily enough, right-clicking on Portal 2 and trying to find out about donwloadable content reveals that this DLC does not count as DLC. Instead it's just a 750mb update that Valve assumes you want when it next updates Portal 2.
Why wouldn't you want it?

I enjoyed the DLC, glad they put their effort in co-op rather than SP personally. While the puzzles were slightly harder I can't say it was better than the original co-op campaign though.

Mini-review I posted on another forum:

Right, so I just played through the DLC.

They added "challenge" mode to SP and co-op, but it is just all of the existing levels, just timed and with # of portals used, and it shows your result on a graph compared to the rest of the community, as well as anyone on your friends list. So there aren't actually any new challenge puzzles or anything. Also being # portals or time isn't really the greatest way to create a challenge, because it means you can go very very slowly with only a few portals, or rush through it placing dozens hap-hazardly. If they had fastest speed and lowest # portals together it might be a bit more interesting. It also just shows your position on the distribution graph, it doesn't give you a ranking like "402nd out of 104,032" or anything, which would be better for bragging rights. I also suspect that these will eventually be 'won' by people who exploit bugs and glitches in the game so it really seems quite limited in utility.

The only real new content is the new co-op campaign, which consists of 9 levels. I didn't think this was nearly as hard as the original co-op campaign, although I played through that with a guy who hadn't played Portal 1 and had only done the first 2 hours of the single player, so the lack of difficulty this time could have just come from playing with someone much more experienced. Anyway the new campaign took about 2:30 - 3 hours all up. The storyline is a bit weird and wasn't told particularly well, I don't think, and the ending was sort of 'meh', it felt like a big build up for nothing.

The new levels didn't have any new mechanics, compared to some community maps I've played that added in new concepts like gravity manipulation, wind force, fire etc. Some of the chambers were really large, while some others were quite compact. There was one chamber (unfortunately by far the easiest in the set, could easily be completed by a single person without any trickery) that used portal gel, which is nice as that has only been used sparingly so far. There's a minor amount of propulsion gel and quite a bit of repulsion gel used.

Back