Steam is temporarily unavailable, please try later.

pHATE1982

Reaction score
It's nice to know I can play the game when I want to. And not when Valave decide to let me *sarcasm*

Thankyou Valve for annoying me. I lead a busy life and when I want to take time out to chill on a game i expect to do that. You have officialy alienated me by leaving me with this message for the last few hours:

"Steam is temporarily unavailable, please try later."

Now I have to get back to work and can't play again for a week or so. ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG

Steam is temporarily unavailable, please try later. Problem fixed!

How you ask?

I've finally figured it out. Nothing to do with firewalls, nothing to do with the regitry, or ports, or anything.

All I did is disable my bandwidth limiter, such as Netlimiter. Disable the maximum download (or cap speed), let it download at max, and see if it works for you like it worked for me! :cheers:

Took me many days to figure it out. Sometimes the best solutions (or the only soultions) are the simplest. :rolling:

Bye.

Howdy. :)

I've had the problem for the last few weekends, and only in the weekend. During the week I've been able to connect to steam fine. I thought it was an update bug or somethin, but now its on going and has been "temporarily unavailable" for the last 5 days. (ARGH!) Thanks for the info but I don't even have a "netlimiter" and wouldn't even know where to look if I had one. (noobie I is) Do you have any other suggestions? Any help would be greatfully recieved. Cheers

This Sucks

Okay, guys, i'm in desperate need of your help...I've been trying to play counter-strike for the past 4-5 days and i always get this pop up that says steam is updating...so i wait for it to update, it gets to 100%, then it restarts...like in a loop. It does if maybe 3-4 times before saying that steam is unavailable.

Am i making any sence at all? Okay well i need help...

Thanks

-Moonbeam310

OK, I just need to know who is responsible

For this whole steam nonsense.

I want to choke him/her until near unconsciousness before I kick him/her in the nuts.

I remember downloading the original demo on a broadband connected system and then splitting the demo across two different CDs (bigger than 1 CD, Brilliant!).

Then I remember waiting 8 FRIGGIN hours for Steam to update, so that I could play the short, mildly interesting demo. At that point, I decided I wouldn't be able to buy the retail game, as I am not on broadband, and Steam/HL2 seems to be a broadband oriented game.

Fast Forward several years, and here comes Orange Box. I am still on dial-up.

Surely, they have put the Steam Updates on the 9 FRIGGIN Giga-FRIGGEN bytes of DVD discs that are inside the package.

No.

Sigh. Just a name, and a location for the bastard that is responsible.

Slot in the disc, and wait for steam to update. Gets to 24%, then starts over, and over, and then gives up. Steam is Unavailable, try again later.

Just give me that Forker's name.

He/She need his/her nuts caved in. It's just that simple.

Oh, come on. Trying to use Steam on 56k nowadays is like trying to play any game on the Minimum Requirements. It'll run, but... jesus, it'll be like playing a slide-show in a vomit factory.

I got 56k modem but I stopped using it years ago. Now its in hall of fame labeled as MY 1st internet connection :D

Oh noes!

How long has it been..
Steam decided it would revive this ancient error with me?..
Agh.. A weekend without Counter-Strike?! D:

Edit: And I know, its a few years old. :D

You're not the only one with the error... I NEED TO PLAY COUNTER-STRIKE, OR I, OR I.... will play Far Cry...

EDIT: Already fixed... A matter of deleting ClientRegistry.blob and AppUpdate....(don't know the exact file name).

Finally Problem FIXED guys

After searching through so much articles and without finding any way to get paass thorugh this stubborn error, i have posted on my blogspot
here
www.halflife2.net

Back