Steam Mobile App Now Available to Everyone

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
steamapp1.jpg
[br]
The Steam mobile app launched last week in a closed beta for Android and iOS but from today it is available to all. Just download the app (free of charge) and log into your Steam account as you usually would.[br]The Steam app allows gamers to chat with Steam friends, browse community groups and user profiles, view screenshots and user-generated content for their favorite games, read the latest gaming news, stay up to date on unbeatable Steam sales, and more.[br]You can find out more on the Steam mobile page and see a selection of our hands-on screenshots here.

That seemed like a pretty pointless beta. It only got a single update between now and launch I think.

I didn't even notice one. I guess Valve's release code is just that perfect. No need to adjust Deagle attack damage with this sort of thing, I guess.

Kindle Fire

Does anyone know of a place to get the Android APK for this app? I want to try it out on my Kindle Fire, which doesn't have access to the Android Marketplace. :-(

That seemed like a pretty pointless beta. It only got a single update between now and launch I think.
The iPhone version wasn't updated at all from beta to now.

That was Valve's quickest beta, evar.

Well then I don't want it. *Throws it on the floor and folds his arms* >:|

YORICK YOU WILL EAT YOUR STEAMED CARROTS AND YOU WILL LIKE IT

Looking forward to trying it out.

Does it have group chat yet?

My comment is hereby rescinded until further notice. Not that I won't try it out now, but I'm no longer looking forward to doing so. *arms*

EDIT: It actually looketh pretty neato. It has WAY more features than I thought it would have. Group chat seems like the only thing it DOESN'T have. Also check out screenshots for some 1997-era Internet lulz.

Back