steam on xbl?

Big_Odessa

Reaction score
i think it would be pretty cool to have steam on my xbox if the could do it right besides it would be more profit for valve. but they would have to do it right and but some time in it if not it could be a total disaster. your thoughts

I think this sort of discussion should never come up again. Ever. I'm serious , the amount of times I have seen this sort of thing said just makes me wanna scoop my eyes out with a rusty spoon. The idea isn't even practical , why would the xbox need steam? For starters I doubt the puny hard drive can hold that many games. Second of all why would it need something like that , it would be a fruitless effort on valves part to waste resources creating a version of steam for the 360 , especially considering all the practical elements of steam (for the 360) are already on xbl. Third microsoft just wont allow it.

Valve did consider a stripped down version for the 360 ages ago. Alas it'll never happen because Microsoft will never allow it. Microsoft will never allow any other online service apart from Xbox live.

what would the point be? steam allows you to buy/play games and chat with friends. what does xbl do? allow you to buy/play games and chat with friends. the only thing valve should do with xbl is release HL1+DM.

The main reason that it'll never happen is because Microsoft would never allow it and that it is almost completely redundant. The hard drive size has nothing to do with it.

In an ideal world yes, it would be bloody awesome, but alas we already have the Xbox Live and Xbox Live Arcade for this sort of thing. If Valve made the console and not Microsoft we would be seeing it already, but it isn't so we never will. The hard-drive is too small, to hold the likes of Left 4 Dead, Crysis (I think that's on Steam) and Portal.

This doesn't even make sense. They are both bases for playing games. Theres no way you can combine them with one being called Steam and the other Xbox Live.

Back