- Stormwreck - A Half-Life RPG

Darkest90

Reaction score
Stormwreck
"I need the... use of your abilities, my friend." Cried a voice in the whirlwind.

"I sell not to those that bargain with... emotional values." Another wheezed, "My wares are bought by... other means. Means that... I am afraid you cannot possibly afford."

"I have contacted you for eons... surely that is token enough for my... worthiness?"

"I am afraid what you once possessed... isn't worthy of buying my... services."

"I should have thought such... But I do not seek your main merchandise. That Freeman can be kept on... ice, if you will. Send me... what you can, and I will pay... as much as I can pay."

"I will attempt this... as an investment, of course... I will agree to this deal."

"Thank you."

Shane Tariyani
Wandering through the wilderness between Combine cities never gets boring.

Where you are, you could care less. Hopefully, Mexico. The bleached pink of the desert sunset looms overhead the carcass of a world long fallen. But this desert could be in Mexico as much as Canada, with the pace the deserts are expanding at.

Still, a lot of the desert is new. The noble cacti of North America have been dying lately, due to some Xenian fungus. In their place, great living tentacles of Xenian flora have grown. No one walks here anymore, except you. The bones of trespassers litter the sands of those who would threaten the territory of the tentacles. Hoping to study them, you’ve drifted across the sandy expanse for a timeless period. Months? Years? Who knows. At least you haven’t seen Combine.

That’s what makes this evening special. You were very thirsty, and Kaniy, your hound-eye, is lame and waiting for water. Hopping on your rusty bicycle you make your way to firmer ground, and luckily, find some tracks. Probably Combine. The sunset darkens as you ride over the crest of a hill… right into a Combine encampment.

Radio gurgling meets your ears after an eon of silence in the desert, satisfying some primal urge to hear communication. You stop your bike, and sneak up behind a Combine APC where you spot four gasmask-faced men working on some piece of machinery. It appears to be a vehicle of some sort, though with your current position you can see little. You also see that they have set up for the night, you assume, and just around the APC you find a stack of bags… filled with water and some kind of floury foodstuff. Before you can think correctly, you snatch the end of one of these bags and pull it off the stack to keep for your own. Its much heavier than you thought.

The water container falls to the ground, and thankfully it doesn’t open. It still makes a noise.

“Sound detected.” You can hear over the radio gurgling of the Combine soldiers.
“Xen hostiles may be in range.”
“2092, make a check of the vicinity.”
“Over, continue repairs on the sled.”

Suddenly, perhaps by radio transmission, the floodlights appear on the APC, illuminating the whole campsite. The shadow of a Combine soldier advances to your position, hiding behind the APC. There is no way he won’t see you. Leaning up against the vehicle, the Combine doesn’t even expect you when he turns the corner. You grab his neck with your hive gun, and blast five hornets through his armor, and with the other hand pull him behind the vehicle, hoping for stealth. However, the radio in his helmet buzzes with the flatline of death.

“Hostile! Spread out, shoot to kill.” You hear from the other side of the APC. Three Combine make their way to deal your death. Their shadows betray them running around the corner of the APC to find you waiting…

R.J. MacReady
Where do you live? Everywhere, it seems. You don’t really know where you are, it’s so hard to identify the old places of Earth anymore. The rest of the Resistance around this area think that it might be Florida, but you don’t put too much trouble to check. Your days are spent hiding. Hiding from the hurricanes of the Stormlands. The tempest always rages. Leaks have to be patched up, flooded areas pumped out, food scavenged from the nearby blasted cities, and so forth.

You are something of a legend in the small territory that you have contact with. A guru, they call you, who holds secrets that make men into warriors worthy to fight the Combine. This reputation has helped you. In the giant multi-roomed basement of what once might have been a mansion, titled the Temple by nearby residents, you wait. They bring you food and tools, help you fix a door or pump out an area, and you teach them the ways of survival in this harsh world. The Temple has become the stronghold of the area, and Resistance members drop in weapons and supplies frequently. But they leave you as the sole resident, a sort of groundskeeper and master that is not to be disturbed.

Until now.

“This buggerin’ hurricane is unreal!” Sergeant Moresly yells over the storm, standing at your doorstep, “The compound some of my boys and their family were staying at is flooded, the wind tore the roof right off. The old steel mill is burning, the bloody storm toppled some of their equipment, caused a fire. Its… bad times, Mr. MacReady, we gotta bunker up with you.”

Outside, in ferocious night waits a crowd behind the Sergeant. Soldiers, wives, children… survivors. They might be more trouble than they are worth, the drain has been plugged up again, and nearly half of the Temple flooded. It has been a bad night.

Before you can say anything, people start coming in from the second entrance. Seeing this, Sergeant Moresly pushes in as well. Your authority has disappeared, as the young Sergeant starts organizing. There are even children around, the runner-rats that parents helped escape the northern cities before they were sent to Citadels for what they called Required Tutelage. They help put down tarps and usher in supplies, but they are dirty and they cause trouble often, in your experience. It will not be a good night.

The women sleep while the men attempt to earn their stay by fixing the Temple’s drain system. It is a mechanical operation that you don’t understand too well. Finally, the flooded rooms become dry once more and the water flows out.

Then you hear a sound you thought you wouldn’t hear for the rest of your lifetime in the Stormlands. The whirring of chopper blades.

“What is that?” Some of the kids cry. They have not heard it before.

Then there is an explosion that rocks the basement Temple, breaking windows. You fall to your back, and the lights go out.

Running to the door, you peer into the tempest. Firelight reaches your eyes from down the rubble-strewn street. And there, a still whirring Combine copter.

Derreck Jones
The streets were flooded by a foot of water.

You knock on a steel door. It opens, and a tall dark Jamaican points a pistol at your face.

He puts it down, “Ah, mon, sorry bout dat. Hey, get in here, right now.”

You had wanted to spend the night there, one of the bigger compounds, Santiago Central, where fresh water and a good night could be spent. It was one of the buildings in a Jamaican military base that had withstood the Seven Hours War. They owed you a lot of favors after they required so much of your assistance getting it set up. You are flabbergasted by this behavior; they must be very edgy for some reason.

“We are… well, mon, currently in a bad situation.” Your guide tells you, a man by the nickname of Boxer. He leads you passed the kitchen and supply room, and you notice everyone is moving very quickly.

“Everyting is hap’ning at once, you know, mon? When it rains, it sure as hell pours.” He laughs crazily, “This typhoon is drowning us, for one ting, half of this base flooded. Second, our scouts spotted something over the radar, in the water. Do you realize this? Combine signals… underwater! No trouble yet… but it doesn’t look good. Third, we have a rescue mission on our hands.”

Boxer opens a door and you walk out to the helipad and jump in the Elizabeth, the sole working Resistance helicopter in Jamaica. Several more dark soldiers wait inside. Before questions can be answered (“We don’t have enough time!”) You are soon flown out to a flooded dock, where through the storm you can see a modified yacht waiting.

“We are going on a trip, my friend.” Boxer grins. “I am glad you came, you are the perfect man. We need your help to identify a factory in Cuba, I believe it belongs to you, in fact. Did you do canning in Cuba? Well, I am glad. Because we have reports that Vortigaunts are hiding out in it. We’ve heard that they’ve sided with some of the Resistance in California, so they must be good news. Sounds fun?”

An inflated boat with a motor in the back whirrs over to your place on the side of the dock. You jump out of the helicopter onto it, to be ferried over to the yacht some distance away. Why you are doing this you have no idea, though it might be because of Boxer’s forceful personality.

“This will be a cruise, boys! You got the easy mission!” Boxer yells, riding at the front of the plastic boat. Then, the water erupts around you, and the boat is tossed upward, throwing you out. You manage to catch the sight of an Ichthyosaur, jaws enclosed around Boxer’s struggling body, when it submerges under the dark, storm-whipped water. You and about a dozen Resistance soldiers fight to stay on the surface, almost halfway to the vessel. The waves are high and continuing to build.

Leon Highwind
It’s a wet morning when you wake up. The mist can never be stopped getting into your underground home. Before you can even eat breakfast (what, oatmeal again?) there is a loud knock on the door.

You open it. You are greeted by pouring rain and wind.

“Hey, Highwind, just a… thought you might want to know… I’ve been working on that radar set and I think I found something near the Bridge.” Says a voice known as Mordo. He’s a lad hooked on your magic, but a worthy follower. He may be the only technician on the island, and has since been able to jury rig a sort of radar device at his place. No doubt, any discovery he makes is sent directly to you, and he hopes that he can get a little bit more of your wares, however quick they are dwindling.

Soon you find yourself in the basement Mordo lurked, instead of the Community Compound at the center of the island. Other than a bed, the entire place was littered with odd electrical tools. You sit down on his bed, bored already of whatever Mordo could show you.

“Check this out, Highwind.” He hefts the radar set onto his mattress, and flips a switch.

BLEEP. BLEEP.

Something was out there, and big. The radar set showed a green image of the surrounding area, up to twenty miles, easily encompassing the island. The island had a peninsula, incredibly long and very narrow, a sandbar more than anything that stretched out beyond the horizon. The Bridge, it was titled, and the townspeople kept it as dry as possible in hopes that a traveling aircraft would use it as a runway. But with the tempest that raged all day and all night, the chance of such happening was nill. Now, something… big was lying out right beside the Bridge.

“It could be anything, Leon. Alien, or maybe a Resistance ship, or a drifting barge, or maybe even a bunch of rubble. Might be interesting, though. The hurricane tosses up the strangest things.” Mordo declares.

Over the wind you hear the rattle of machine guns.

“Did you hear that?” Mordo asks, suddenly alert.

You grab your Magnum.

Stefan Najdecki
Tonight is not a good night.

Hurricane Zeta? Is it? And already it must be the beginning of summer. No one recorded the hurricanes any more. They were frequent, loud, and powerful. This one, though, was particularly cruel. The residence you have stayed in for the last few weeks has been okay, to say the least. A hold of Resistance soldiers, escapees from City 3, hoping to lead a revolution in the urban center in the future. Particularly, they were interested in your forging of metal weapons, weapons that could be concealed easily and spread throughout the citizenry to prepare for a wide scale attack.

So you had spent your days taking scrap metal and making weapons. It was a good learning experience. Returning home after a night of scavenging, however, you find the entire place flooded up to the surface. Your mates are no where to be found.

The wind is picked up, and the rain feels like bullets on your back. It should start hailing soon, if you know anything about storm. With your raincoat secured, and a makeshift blade in your hand, you make your way through the rubble of a city whose name had been forgotten. Tampa? Memphis? Jacksonville? You hadn’t been able to tell. Somewhere in Florida, definitely.

Something flies overhead. You leap for the ground, splashing into a deep puddle, as you hear the whirring of copter blades. Suddenly, there is an explosion only a few feet from you, the water erupts into the air and is blown away.

Then another explosion, huge, and a shockwave that blows you backward. Now your clothes are soaked, and you get up, frantic. To your right you gaze down the street and see something burning, even in the rain. It would be put out soon. A gust of wind pushes you forward, and you stumble right upon some kind of canister, immersed in water. It is large, waist high, of black metal, and vaguely familiar.

Suddenly, it opens, and you hear the screech of headcrabs. You step back and unsheathe your sword, and about a dozen headcrabs climb out of the canister. As if things could get worse.

Tim Barratt
You had never witnesses Jamaica as a monster.

In your basement hide away, everything was going fine when your roof was torn off by the hurricane. Staring up into the tempest, it was only second until the wind grabbed you and pulled you up.

It was the most spectacular experience, though you remember little. You must have gone nearly a hundred feet into the air, carried literally by the powerful wind of the hurricane. Debris tore at your skin, but you were lucky. Suddenly, you were falling, no longer flying.

Splash! Into the ocean.

“Man overboard!” You hear a cry. You can’t breathe; the wind is knocked out of you. You can’t move your limbs, you are almost paralyzed. Soon you are being hefted up a rope ladder, onto some kind of ship. You black out.

Awakening, you see people running all around you. You are on a ship. You lived right next to the docks, it isn’t surprise that you are on a ship, and by the looks of it, Jamaica Resistance’s battle-yacht, the Elizabeth II. You’ve seen it once or twice. You struggle to get up, and, breathing hard, you throw up over the rails. The ship is crashing into waves all around her, and the deck goes up and down like a violent teeter-totter.

“Icthyosaur!” You hear a scream. You gaze out over the watery black of the ocean, and catch the glimpse of some huge fleshy mass moving underneath the waves. And, to make matters worse, it seems like a mass of a dozen people are out there, floating in the water. How they got there you are not sure, maybe they were flung by the wind as you were.

However, they are at the mercy of the alien behemoth underneath the waves, now. The crew of the ship is panicking.

Jonathan Teoh
“We have to get to a higher island, this one is going down!”
“What do you mean!? I thought that landmasses were expanding… the sea level is decreasing!”
“The sea level decreases, yeah, but all that water is evaporated into the hurricanes! Now it’s all coming down on us!”

The two civilians continue to argue. One, a villager named Juan; you have managed to get to know a little. You stayed at his hide-away for quite a while, in your search to get out of the Caribbean Sea, and he desires to get back to his family as well on the mainland. Now, your relaxed search for a way to evacuate has come to an end. Either get in this old motorboat (possibly without enough gas to reach another island) or face the sinking island.

It’s not just the rising sea level. Juan tells you that some kind of underwater shelf has fallen, sending the island down. It was never that big to begin with. The small village there is already below the waves, and not too many people have survived.

“I… No! I can conserve gas if I don’t take you two! I might make it out alive! You are going to have to swim!” The owner of the motor boat yells over the wind. A tree flies past you, debris on the wind, and you just manage to stay up by holding to a lamp post.

The motor boat owner is another acquaintance, Chandler, a millionaire fallen on hard times, who came here not too long ago looking for refuge. He never wanted to take out the boat, trying to get more fuel and repairs before making the voyage. You waited patiently. He is a good man, but he is also in the way.

“Chandler! Let us in this boat or we are going to be faced to throw you to the icthyosaurs.” Juan yells, frightened.

Chandler laughs and pulls out a pistol out of his back pocket (you hadn’t seen that) and points it at Juan.

“No food! No room! No gas! I shouldn’t have even stopped for you!”

James “Dizzy” Chaplin
You’ve been stranded on your fateful Caribbean island for some time. It was small, little vegetation, and a small house on one side. The owner gone, you took it over, complete with solar generators, food supplies, a dock, and a radio. There, you survived, and over the radio learned of the tragedy that befell Earth.

Then the storms came, and every day was a fight for survival.

Waking up to the usual hurricane, you hear some cries for help, and a few gunshots. Out of the partially flooded basement, you make your way with a flashlight to the wave-torn beach.

There, you see a man, cornered up against a rock, shooting at three hungry aliens, their tentacle-maws opening and closing in the presence of food. You’ve heard of them over the radio, but you’ve never seen one until one.

“Help!” shouts the man (with a strong British accent, how did a Brit get over here?)

Jack O’Keefe
How did you get into this situation.

A task, sent by the Central Resistance Headquarters in the Rockies. Yes, the U.S. Military still reigned in their isolated areas. The strongest of all nations before the catastrophe, the hardest hit, but with the most surviving control. And you were sent to repair a submarine off the coast of the Caribbean. After months of cross-country hiking, seeing horrors you never expected to witness in your lifetime, you found the tossed waters of what they were calling the Stormlands.

A change of plans. The submarine had made its way somewhere to Cuba. A boat ride. A hurricane.

You scored a seat on the one lifeboat off the main ship. Still, bad luck befell you. The hurricane wasn’t very nice, and soon your lifeboat was flipped over by the wind and you were left for the ocean.

Drifting in the sea, with only your life jacket, letting the waves take you until you were eaten by some alien monster that now populated the Earth’s oceans, you lost track of time.

Then, a light in the distance! Land perhaps! You start swimming, swimming forever towards the faraway glimpse of hope. The ocean current pushes you away, but wave over wave you swim as hard as you can towards the light.

And, tears in your eyes, you feel sand under your feet, and collapse. You have reached some shore. Your happiness is quickly expunged by the sound of growling behind you. Something has been following you, and it is closing in for the kill. Tentacles touch your ankle, and you kick back at whatever beast threatens your life when it has just been given back.

You run for the beach, make it to land, however rain-drenched as it is. Turning around, you find three bullsquids slowly trotting in to take down their prey. Your repeating hunting rifle is slow to take out, you had kept it in its waterproof case for buoyancy, and it was perfectly dry. Cornered up against a rocky outcropping, you face your probable death. You shout for help in vain, for nothing could be out and about in this moment of peril…

Out of the corner of your eye, you see a man with a flashlight, staring agape at the bullsquids. There may be hope yet.

David Caboose
“Sir, there seems to be some kind of light source on the other side of the valley… maybe you should come out and-”

In mid-sentence, the young Resistance fighter tilts his head as if he hears something. His eyes go wide. Suddenly the wall behind you is torn apart, and a vast black wave smashes into you. A thought goes through your mind, that at least it is a mud slide, and not a Combine raid. Then you begin to grasp your situation, as you go tumbling this way and that in thick, viscous dark mud. In moments it fills the entire outpost of Storm Valley. You catch a glimpse of your weapon armory and supply crates before they go under the mud. Then you go under.

You struggle. This sucks this sucks this sucks… mud goes into your eyes and nostrils and mouth and mats your clothes down, suffocating… you can’t breathe!

Your hand touches something. Wood. You hold it. AH! Your lungs are burning. You pull up, hoping for air.

Suddenly you reach the surface, and discover after wiping away your eyes that you are clutching a beam in the roof. You have less than three inches of air, and its pitch black. Any more mud and there would have been no chance of survival.

Cries of help echo throughout the tight space, all around you, people drowning in the mud slide, without as sure of a grip as you. You still have your AK47 on your back, though how you’ll get to it is hard to say, as well as frag grenades and rations and… GRENADES!?! Could those be trigged by the mud? And, if not yours, there is a whole armory down below, submerged by the dark substance, with as many as a hundred grenades. Surely they could not have been triggered by…

Suddenly there is a muffled eruption, and wet soil slaps you in the face. Well, there’s one explosive that went off. That does not bode well. How to get yourself out of this mess…

(Holy moly Darkwest90, pretty awsome)

James Chaplin

'I can't help him,' Though James 'I've got nothing to help him with... unless' James lined it up, and then cursing himself for doing it lobbed his torch at the wierd aliens.

(Short I know, but that's practically all I can do plus I need to see what happens)

R.J. MacReady
"Oh for the love of Jesus H. Christ!" he yelled out. It had been so long, he had completely forgotten the weakness of a Hunter- Chopper. He tried to think, but his exposure to living in the Wastelands had drained him of his knowledge of most Combine creations. He then noticed a human like figure down the rain drenched streets. And he also saw very inhuman shapes erupt from a large missile like object.

"Hold off the Chopper! I think I see a survivor. Cover me!" He dashed down the street, shotgun in hand, hoping he wouldn't be too late.

The stuff in bold I wrote because it seemed like it was similar to the location of whoevers character Stefan Najdecki is.

Shane Tariyani
Quickly he grabbed the corpse of the freshly killed combine using him as a sheild and ran infront of the three Soldiers, He was able to hit one inbetween the eyes as he was running.
Seeing a ditch up ahead he dropped the corpse and dove into it, bullets grazing his arm as he did. It was filled with the large tentacle like trees, he quickly rubbed a foul smelling liquid on himself and then hid among the flora. Soon the two combine slid down into the ditch.
One of the trees instantly killed one of the combine who had Clumsily bumped into it. Now that the scent of blood was in the air the tentacles were going into frenzy. The soldier was panicing now he quickly backed up trying to get away. Shane was already behind him though and he mercilessly snaped the last combines neck. He tossed the body over to the tentacles. They easily began to rip it apart.
He jumped out of the pit and sighed, he had used up the last of the tentacle hormone in that fight. He would have to collect some more tomorrow. It was always a pain to collect, expecially now that the tentcacles were starving, not to many people wandered out here anymore. He ran back over to the camp. Kaniy had already helped himself to the some food that had been lying around. Shane poured him some water, using a mask from a nearby combine as a bowl. Out of curiosity he went over to see what the combine had been working on....

David Caboose

Caboose began to Panic.. Everything they had worked for..Everything they had done..Holding Back the Assault by Overwatch Division 17..Convoys across the wastelands..All ruined..He was brought back to the present by another muffled explosion..."There goes Toms Explosives..." He thinks as he Slowly brings his right arm out the mud slide and begins to beat the Roof above him, Hoping someone will hear it.

Derreck Jones
"Easy mission my ass"
Thats when the water took us. Suddenly, the waves came alive tossing the boat over and sending us all into the drink. I didn't realize it at first, it happened too fast, but there was something else in the water. Something fairly big, and it took Boxer. It might've took someone else too--everyone was yelling. The water was damn cold and I was swimming too hard to care about anybody else. I didn't care where I was going, I just wanted to live.

Leon Highwind
Leon rushed outside into the downpour, heading towards the peninsula with Mordo in tow. Visibility was poor, but he could make out several resistance soldiers firing at a ship off shore. It appeared to be combine soldiers on some old barge, but why would they have a ship like that? He thought. But there was no time to think about it, if Leon could get that ship before it became beached (or torn apart by the storm) then it could potentially be his ticket home.

Unholstering his magnum he sprinted towards the fire fight to get better visibility. The resistance fighters were waiting for something it seemed, as they weren't wasting too much ammo...but at the time it wasn't any of Leon's concern. Looking down the sights he lined up one of the blue suits near some cargo crates. He fired off a round; the combine's head literally exploding from the impact of the bullet. Satisfied he went to line up another, but he noticed the resistance had now brought up a rocket launcher. Leon didn't care for the resistance and their plans for “freedom”…to him it was just suicide. And he wasn’t going to let them ruin his plans of escaping. In vain he went to tackle one of them…yet the man with the launcher didn't seem like he was going to fire it. Instead he stood there in awe, looking at something in the ocean. Leon swivelled round to catch a glimpse of a massive spiked fin protruding out of the water, which was heading at breakneck speed towards the ship.

(Sorry if it was a bit long, and if I did something wrong in what I said...correct me if I did)

Shane Tariyani
OOC: Okay, okay, its your first post... but remember, you are no Gordon Freeman. Next time, tell me what your character DOES, and I will tell you what happens. You can't determine if you will hit, miss, trip, or get shot, I make that decision. This, time, I'll play along.

Your tentacle hormones are gone... you will find no protection from them any more. However, at least you have fed a few bodies to the tentacles nearby. It will encourage their growth.

You take the camp as your own, drinking and eating your fill. Combine food is something between cereal and flower, a super-nutritious mixture that isn't too tasty. It suits, though.

The device the Combine were working on looks interesting. It looks like some kind of vehicle, a mechanized sled almost. There is only one button on the front, flashing. You don't know why they would use this instead of the APC right next to them.

James Chaplin
OOC: It looks like Jack O'Keefe isn't going to play for a while, so I will control him for a little bit.

You huck your flashlight at a slobbering alien. The wind catches it and it barely hits its tail. The light tumbles into the wind-whipped waves and is gone.

Luckily, you left the lights on back in your house. There is a little bit of light in which to see. But, what you do see isn't too much better than what you saw before.

The aliens turn towards you, and one opens its maw and lets loose a stream of fluid, a projectile almost, towards you. You duck to the left before it can hit you. Behind, however, you notice the sand sizzling with acid.

The man let's go with his rifle, and bullets slam into one of the aliens. It falls back and collapses, bleeding. The man then kicks the next nearest living alien, and is given enough leeway to run towards your position.

"Run!" he shouts.

Leon Highwind
OOC: Good length, good post... just don't take too many liberties in your own hand. You post your actions, I post the reactions, you are assuming you are in control of too many events and the environment. I'll play with what you gave me, however. Just try to remember that next time.

Suddenly, a large alien head rises out of the waves. A fifteen foot neck soon looms over the Combine barge and the many soldiers on board. The behemoth is difficult to describe, it seems to be a mass of tentacles, tendrils, eyeballs, claws and spines all over... a gigantic arm of teeth and feelers. In one lunge it grabs two Combine soldiers, curling around them like an elephant trunk.

Then, the wind whips you from your hiding place and your head cracks into the sand. On your back, you do see a Combine rocket sail towards the monster. Flesh goes everywhere, and shrapnel hits your cheeck, giving a significant bruise. The Combine is focused entirely on removing the alien, now, and the Resistance is forgotten. The soldiers of the Resistance did not realize what they were getting into, and many of them start to run back inland to the town.

Derreck Jones
Stroke. Stroke. Stroke. Another scream behind you, as the Icthyosaur takes another victim. You hope its getting full. Inside, you doubt it. You make your way towards the ship, but in vain. The waves keep on pushing you away.

You see something a few feet away from you, floating there on the surface of the water. It seems to be an equipment belt of some sort. As you grab it, you realize that tied to the strap are three spare grenades. They probably still work.

"Hey! Over here! Help!"

Whoever lost the grenades is right there as well. You see a hand go down underwater, groping for something to hold on to.

David Caboose
No one answers. It's dark, and you feel very claustrophobic with your neck down covered with mud. Worse yet, you might be losing air.

I'm still here, will post later today, snowed over with busyness

Darkest90 said:
Leon Highwind
OOC: Good length, good post... just don't take too many liberties in your own hand. You post your actions, I post the reactions, you are assuming you are in control of too many events and the environment. I'll play with what you gave me, however. Just try to remember that next time.

Haha exactly what I was thinking when I was writing it, thanks for the tips and I'll keep it in mind next time :D

I'll post my actions later....

Sry still trying to get the feel for this geuss I took to many liberties.Shane Tariyani
In frustration Shane kicked the sled, he didn't really understand what it was. Then he Tried to open the APC

Shane Teriyani
The APC seems to be locked, you can't find any opening that you can get through to.

A wind picks up from the east.

Shane Teriyani

"Oh crap." He didn't want to be stuck out here in a storm he had to get to higher ground and fast. He knew how easily storms could form these days.Shane grabbed Kaniy and tried to get the sled to work.

Leon Highwind
Leon pulled himself up from the ground, his head was throbbing...but it wasn't too bad. The creature looked oddly familiar, but right now he was concentrated on the present. Trying to get the barge now would be suicide, so firing a few more rounds towards the creature he ran off back inland, where hopefully he would be safe.

Shit double post, anyway to delete it? Cause I see nothing here....

Damn, I guess I was to late when I signed up, aye? Good read none the less.

Stefan's Actions
The sword hummed as the pitter patter or rain dripped onto it's shaft. Head-Humpers, Stefan had never seen any alive but tales of what happened to thier prey had spread fast through the Rebel Camps. Stefan nver was a 'wimp', he reffered to himself as a smart man. Quickly slashing at the nearest 'crab to him Stefan kicked another one and ran towards whatever friendly movement he saw. He sheathed his sword and pulled out one of his smaller blades.

OOC: What do I have on my person? Enjoy

EDIT: Darksabre, not way to delete it, just enjoy the show.

James Chaplin

James sprints back to the house without hesitation, swerving as he ran. He hoped to hell that his pistol was where he left it.

(Just incase your asking where that came from, it would make sense for someone from the military to have a pistol in whatever belt they carry -D)

Jonathan Teoh

Jonathan's eyes widened beneath his sunglasses. A pistol? Damnit, this was an unforeseen developement - but he had to get off this island. "Put the pistol down, Chandler. Put it down."

Chandler waved the gun in the air, a lightning strike illuminating his fear-stricken face. "No! You're not... you're not coming with me! Damnit, damnit... I can survive! And if you don't come, then we can all survive! But if you try and get in the boat... we're all going to die, damnit! ALL OF US!"

Another large tree flies through the air, slamming into a house nearby. You and Juan instinctively duck, and Chandler takes the opportunity to duck behind a crate and fire blindly into the air. "Go back! Now, or I swear to god, I'll shoot you, damnit! I'm SERIOUS!"

Another gunshot rang out, loud enough to briefly overpower the uproar of the storm. "GET BACK, DAMNIT!"

"Oh, Jesus" Jonathan muttered to himself, Aethist though he was. "Listen to him, Juan. I think he's right. Let's head back to town and find another way out."

OOC: I assume we're on the docks, right? Right?

David Caboose

No Reply... The Air around Caboose is becoming Charged with Carbon Dioxide... The Screams of His Comrades slowly Dieing away as the mud creeps into his mouth..Hes about to give in and let go when he hears Voices from the roof "Any Other Survivors?"

// Some BMR Names are , Jack Thompkins (Demo Guy) , Tom Wolf (Demo Guy/ 2nd in Command) , Steve Sunder (Sniper) , Peter Caboose (Medic) , Nigel Kang (Medic) and Garret Steel (Machine Gunner)

Sorry i'm late ive been in bed all day

Tim's actions
"WE NEED TO HELP THOSE PEOPLE!!! NOW" He cried, his sense of selflessness was begining to take over, he was begining to wish he cared more about his own life as he took a run at the railing to vault over, he tripped over something or someone. He crashed into the railing with an imense force, which must have knocked some sense into because he decided to help the people in another way.

He scanned the deck in search of somethin, anything that could be used for floatation. "One life ring, some desk debris and some rope." he listed to himself "that'll have to do" he thought. He tied the rope to the life ring and to some desk debris and tossed it to the group in the ocean, hoped that the icthyasoar didn't get them and held onto the rope for dear life.

Stroke. Stroke. Stroke. Got to keep pushing.
My legs were burning and starting to slow down. No ammount of adredaline wouldv't kept them going at that pace. Worse yet, when I realized I was swimming towards the boat, it certainly hadn't gotten any closer. Maybe an inch, probably even less. But it was a start. I had to keep going, but something clawed at my leg. I looked around, and all I could see were flailing arms splashing about, heads bobbing in and out of the water. A splash here, a head went under there. Utter pandemonium, now that I think about it.
While I floated in that spot, looking for who (or what) grabbed my leg, this belt nudged me in the side. Looking down at it, I saw who had been at my leg. Not clearly though, the water was moving to fast, and was breaking too often to see who. But, there was a hand, and it was going down to the ocean floor. I dived under, unknowingly putting my arm through the belt and dragging it under. It was heavy, and large canisters were dangling off of it, they bounced around my arm as I tossed my hand into the deep, trying to grab hold of human flesh and haul it to the surface.

R.J. MacReady
I ran. I ran down the street 'till my lungs burned, 'till I was suffocating myself. And I stopped halfway to my destination and I thought to myself, "If I don't find something to bring this hovering bastard down, it could be the end for us, but then again, I have to find ouit who, or what those things are, and who or what they're afyter......". I looked down at my belt.

"Hmm... 4 frags..... Hehe, let me introduce you little guys to my big flying friend up there, I'm sure you guys will have a real blast.....". I grabbed one, pulled the pin and held it as long as I could before the damn thing blew and tossed it at the Hunter, and tossed one more, even though it was pointless considering the force the Chopper exerted downward. Praying to God I hadn't wasted my efforts, I burst into a sprint down the cold, wet streets to find out what was going on, and what to do.

Shane Tariyani
He sighed whatever this "sled" as the combine called it was, it certainly wasn't stable. He could see this thing just blowing up in his face, what if there was something wrong with it. When he ran into the combine they had been trying to repair it, what if they hadn't finished? He knew this desert was a flash flood waiting to happen. So he grabbed Kaniy and positioned himself firmly on the sled. He tried to start it.

Darkest90? I hope you stick around for this :D Your story continuation posts are t3h 1337.

Sorry guys, I wanted to leave enough time for those who wanted to post to post. The story is going to be wierd for those that interact with those characters that aren't here right now.

But I guess I'll get started on the updates.

Shane Teriyani
You sit down on the sled with Kaniy and try to start it. There is one central slot that seems to have some kind of button-

Before you know what happens, at the slightest touch of your finger, the sled takes off! It accelerates so quickly that it leaves you shocked for thirty second. The wind drag isn't hitting your face, though. It seems like some kind of fluid-like shield has suddenly appeared on the front of the vehicle, blocking wind and also crushing cacti and tentacles as it goes. This thing is POWERFUL!

Turning your head to the side, you see that there is no door, and so you try to keep your balance in the small space you are sitting at. Outside, however, plants and dunes whip passed so fast that it seems to be a blur.

The sled isn't just going straight, it is turning in a number of different directions. This thing is on autopilot. And you can't imagine where it is taking you.

Leon Highwind
You run back inland away from the battle between the alien creatures and the Combine on the barge. A few Combine soldiers take potshots at you, but it looks like they are doing everything they can from keeping the creature from winning. Dripping black blood, the alien is wounded from rocketfire, but it's not ready to go back down underneath the waters.

You find a small ditch where the Resistance are hiding a short ways off. Its partially flooded, but you jump in anyway just by your momentum from running.

The Resistance soldiers are yelling at each other in some island language, probably Taino. "Highwind!" You hear a few exclaim from your presence, but they say nothing else, lapsing into the conversation in another tongue.

James Chaplin
You rush back inside the house, slamming and locking the door. One electrical light is on, but otherwise its dark, a little musty and the wind and rain slams up against it. It was meant to resist hurricanes, though, it looks like it will be fine.

The man is there, on your mattress in the front room, breathing hard. Your pistol is also there on the shelf. You grab it.

Jonathan Teoh
OOC: Since it looks like I gave a few liberties to others in their starting posts, I'll do the same for you.

You retreat down the rickety old dock. It's already reaching the limit of its chains, and it will soon sink. The island is literally going under. The other islanders back in town are trying to construct makeshift boats out of spare wood and bath tubs, for all you know. The motor boat was the only option.

"I don't know about this, Mr. Teoh." Juan says, "These people are dirt poor, let me tell you. They aren't going to have anything to survive this storm. We might as well hang out on top of the roof at the Herendez place." he says, pointing to a house on the hill. "Most people think they can make boats... but I don't think that will hold up. There is already a crowd on the top of the roof, but it's our best bet."

The rain pours in literal buckets. It makes your head hurt. Your ears hear nothing but the wind and thunder of the storm. Lightning flashes in the distance. You can't wait for this sucker to turn electrical.

David Caboose
OOC: Oh, right... you attempt to save yourself with a deus ex machina. Here you go buddy, you just threw your life away.

You hear voices on the roof. But you can't reply. Your mouth is filled with dark, black mud and you sink beneath it all. Deeper and deeper into the mud, and your lungs burn. But then it stops hurting. You can't feel pain any more. You taste the mud. Time lasts forever, it could have been eons down in the mud, and you wouldn't have known it. In this ageless existence, the mud sort of tastes rich, flavorful, like a really good cup of coffee. Then your brain stops...

PAIN! You scream and swear and leap up, electricity running down your spine and into your lungs and you can't stop it you've never ever felt... so alive.

"Chief! Chief! Lay back down!" a voice cries. Someone else is happy, "He's alive!" the voice cries.

You vomit up mud. Mud is in your eyes, nose, hair, mouth, between your teeth, in your ears... No part is untouched. For a minute your senses go down, and all you can feel is the strange itch on your skin that you get when you nearly suffocate to death. But you are alive.

OOC: Haha, just kidding. But don't do that again. You don't control NPCs, I do. You may feel like I am hindering you, but your character can do what he likes, it wouldn't be fair if I stopped you. I promise I won't take away the fun for you, I only want to help create a story with my players. So... leave the environment, NPCs, and random events to me. I have to deal with the boring stuff. Focus on what your character would do in certain situations and write about it. Be creative, have fun, and enjoy the ride you create.

Derreck Jones
You lift a young man out of the water. He's wearing double the amount of armor and carrying two large machine guns. This guy must have been scared to go into battle, to over equip himself so much. He is so heavy with all of his gear that he nearly takes you down with him. However, you make it to the surface, and his head comes up into the stormwrecked night. He gasps for breath, eyes wide and frantic.

A life preserver lands a few yards away from you, you can barely spot it over the large waves that are crashing down ontop of your body. It may be your ticket out of here. The ship is coming closer. You might just make it out of this situation alive.

Tim Barratt
Your life preserver lands somewhere on the surface of the water. The rain picks up, and it becomes very hard to see. "You need help with that?" a soldier asks. Before you can answer, he takes ahold of it with you, to help pull immediately once someone gets to the preserver. Hopefully someone will.

R.J. MacReady
OOC: The Combine copter has crashlanded in the city streets, that's why there is fire. It is still whirring, but its not in the air. Sorry.

You run down the streets, nearly getting blown into oblivion, and finally reach shelter in an alleyway only ten yards away from the crash site. The wind doesn't get you in here, it just makes a strange whistling sound that is eerie and unsettling. Another Resistance soldier follows you in, but no more come.

"Hey." he says, nodding his head in respect. You think you taught him some survival tricks a few weeks back, so you might know him. Now, though, you can't tell. He has an assault rifle in hand and looks pretty well armored.

Looking around the corner, you look over the crash site. It's slowly burning and casting crazy shadows all over the place with the wind and the fire and the whirring copter blades, refusing to stop after the helicopter has crashed. You can't tell what's happening.

Stefan Najdecki
OOC: Since it looks like other people are 'assuming' what they have in their inventory, you can do the same. If you whip something crazy out, though, I am going to penalize you with a case of bad luck, so don't do anything unwise.

Your sword slices through an alien in mid jump, sailing towards your head. It falls in a heap. These things aren't so tough.

Something hits you in the back of the head that sends you flying towards the ground. A 'Head-Humper' just rammed into your skull from behind. They do pack a wallop. Your head is bleeding and an alien screech tells you that's not the last injury they'll inflict.

Shane Teriyani
As the desert whipped by he thought about it, the combine were the last to use this sled so where ever the auto pilot is programed to go it probably isn't good. He held on tight with one hand and readied the hive gun in the other hand. He smirked, this was turning out to be quite an interesting day.

Stefan's Actions

Blood pumping throughout himself and adrenaline pumping twice as fast, Stefan produces his second blade. As he started to 'parly' with the Xen creatures infront of him. He smiled wickedly while he gripped the two blades till his knuckles went white.

The rain and howling wind bit into the swordsman as he began to fight the 'Humpers.' Before lunging towards a small cluster of three 'crabs Stefan let out a cliche battle cry over the flooded city.

"TASTE STEEL!"

OOC: Got a bit carried away. for later refrence i only carry one short sword and a big "**** off" knife. :p

James Chaplin

James looked out the window to see if any of the bullsquids we're visible. While doing so he checked and cocked his pistol.

'So how did you manage to get here then' figuring he had enough time to decide if his being here was a good thing, pom or not.

Jonathan Teoh

Jonathan landed and rolled, righting himself immediantly as the storm raged and raged. Juan was barely keeping up. Jonathan cursed slightly and waited.

By the time they got to the house, Juan was shivering with cold and exhaustion. "Oh, god... why..." he mumbled, swaying slightly.

The rain was still falling, harder than ever. Other people were on the roofs, keeping to themselves in little groups, cowering under whatever shelther they could find - wooden panels, umbrellas, palm leaves. Children were crying, adults too, all caught up in the fury of nature.

"At least," muttered Jonathan to himself as he hauled Juan up the stairs, "it's better than the Combine".

Leon Highwind
Leon was completely soaked; the muddy water was waist deep and smelt like, well...shit. More washing to do, if and when he got back home. For now all he could do was stand there and watch, and those damn resistance fighters were starting to get on his nerves. "SHUT THE HELL UP!" he yelled, but they just continued to bicker, and even louder now. Highwind once considered trying to learn their language, but he had better things to do...and besides, by the time he could fully understand the language he could possibly be off this rock. Their voices were becoming unbearable, like nails going down a blackboard, his head now pounding like a jackhammer. Getting out of the hole was getting all the more desirable, but waiting until the battle died down would be a smarter option he thought.

The boy was the least of my worries at that point. Why I bothered to dive under and get him? Don't ask me, I just acted. Now that I think of it, it was probably the smarter thing to do. Around my arm were three grenades, and I've never touched one before. I tossed the belt around his head, figuring that of all people, he'll know what to do with the things. I'd just blow my arm off.
I told him to sit tight; I saw a life preserver over the waves and I was going to get it. I treaded water for a minute while I tossed off layers of old jackets and T-shirts that i've collected over the years. They were getting really damn heavy. At full speed (which, at this point wasn't much. I was already tired, and running off of trace adredaline), I set off to pick up the preserver. It wasn't far, not as far as the boat, at least.

Tim's actions

"I think we've got something!" he called to the soldier, "come on, PULL"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

i suppose that's it, not much else i can do really

MacReady's Actions
"Hey.", He said. He peered ovcer the corner again at the site, watching the shadows and flames. He switched his view torwad the well armed man. "Hey pal, any good reason why you have all that gear?" He asked in a curious voice.

OOC: Whoops, got confused thinking the Chopper had blown something to Hell, and it was hovering or something.

Spacing, people... making things hard to read does not a good thread make.

Wait.

Damn.

lol
sry
Jintor
Promise....................it........................won't...............happen................again
Has everyone posted?
Hope darkest90 post soon.

Spacing like this:

Darkwolf from Afterwards said:
They started walking around their level of the valley, Jeromy observing the perculiar buildings, people bustling about as if life was normal, sipping his beer as he went.

"Urp..." Said Jeromy, pausing for a moment before continuing, "Urg?"

"What's that?" asked Peter amused

"What I don't inderstand..." Jeromy paused again to sip his beer, "is why you spend so much effort trying to hide from the Combine, I know they're advanced and all but isn't it just America trying to take over the world?"

"Where the hell have you been???" Peter asked looking at him incrediously, "Uh, in prison" replied Jeromy

"Ok, as far as we can tell the Combine, or the "Universal Union" as they prefer to be called, is an empire that jumps between worlds and expand their empire by absorbing sentient specied into their "collective." Of course theytake all the planets usefull resources at the same time."

"Well, that doesnt seem too bad..." said Jeromy "Of course they then destroy the planet and its inhabitants when everything usefull has been taken." ended Peter.

His mind flased to his family, waving him goodbye at Florence airport. He was leaving for a once-in-a-lifetime buisiness oppertunity in London. How long ago had that been? 4, 8 years? He didn't know or care, but, his family...

"So, do you know whats happening in... Italy at the moment." his voice wavering emotionally.

"Well, you may not like to hear this but, soon after they got here the Combine couldn't find anything useful in the top crust of the peninsula so they wanted to get to the lower crust as quickly as possible." Jeromy dreaded the rest of the story

"Jeromy... they cleared the whole peninsula, and its inhabitants, you could feel it from here. I'm sorry" Jeromy's world dissolved around him, he fell to his knees and felt like vomiting, but he just started crying. His mind kept screaming to him, "No! There's no force that can do it, don't belive it, fight on." But in his heart, he knew they had done it, he belived Peter

"Bastards" he whispered angrily, visibly shaking "Who let them do that?" he shouted, his rage and sorrow in his voice. He's didn't care about the wonderful sights of Cork City anymore, he had to get revenge for his family.

I'm sure Jintor could recognise that. Anyway, it doesnt have to be that long, just that well spaced and punctuated.

-D

Back