Stuck in level 19 Xbox360 - different from PC???

Lex1972

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm stuck on level 19 of the X-Box 360 version of Portal, and the many walkthroughs I've fount on Youtube and such aren't helping...

If you look at this movie: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gqNsic4lR0k and go to time 8:28, you see that there is a grating in the ceiling that you can shoot through, to continue you escape.

However, in my X-box 360 version there is no such grating in the ceiling, nor anywhere else nearby! Not in the floor or walls either.. I'm playing it the regular way, not Advanced.

Does anyone know how to get past this point on X-box? That would be GREATLY appreciated!

Lex

I just beat that on the xbox and I think you might not be looking in the right spot. It's there.

yup, he's right completed both pc and 360 versions. the only difference i noticed is that it is easier to aim on the pc version

It's a bug allright - I have the video to prove it

Thanks for the replies guys. I went back to my last savegame and had another good look around... Still no exit. But then I went back through the portal I came from, the loading bar appears for a long time, and then back again, and there it is! Exit, lighting, arrow and extra piping on the wall on the left.

I made a video of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHfrkL01RsU

Somehow it appears the level wasn't loaded completely when I first got there..

At last I can continue!

I was really hoping I was right. If it wouldnt have been there, I would have sounded somewhat retarded.

ah, yes. I've done that before. If you manage to make a portal across from the loading area and get to the other side, you'll skip the loading area, and since the grate,the rest of the textures, and the next large room aren't in existence yet, you'll be in a place where valve didn't expect you to be until you went across the loading path.

I did wonder what happened if you portalled past a loading point.

Back