Stuck - Request assistance.

Jeremyofmany

Reaction score
snap6bz5.jpg

I'm stuck here. Can someone assist me?

Yeah, I was stumped for a couple minutes there too. Yet another clever use for portals! They had some great ideas in that game.

I *really* thought the point of the rocket turret was to get it to blow itself up the first time I saw it.

I *really* thought the point of the rocket turret was to get it to blow itself up the first time I saw it.

Ditto on that one. Then I realised that rocket turrets are much less of a threat and much more of a useful tool for you to take advantage of.

PS: Good to see another smegging Red Dwarf fan out there :)

Interesting story (and a testament to how awesome Portal is):

I had a complete mental block at this part. I failed to make the link to the rocket turret in the previous room and sat scratching my head for a few minutes.

Then an idea struck me. I stuck a portal in the ceiling, and one in the floor directly below it. Then I grabbed a computer from the previous room and dropped it carefully into the portal loop. It took a few tries before I could get it so that the object would build up speed without clipping the sides, but eventually I had it plummeting between portals at a healthy velocity. I watched and waited a second or two for the moment to be right, then turned and switched the ceiling portal to the wall opposite the window.

The PC flew out of it and smashed the glass :D I was so proud of figuring out what I thought was the only way to do that section, and even when I completed the game I didn't think back and twig that there might be another way (until Samon shattered my dreams). I'm still filled with a kind of awed wonder that the source engine allowed my method to work.

I think I wouldn't figure this out unless the developer commentary helped me. There was some kind of bug when I was playing the game - commentaries were enabled even though I didn't bet the game for the first time.

I was really surprised by this. I can't wait to see how will modders use ideas like these? :)

I was stuck there for ages and ages. I kept thinking there was a way round the glass, but there wasn't :(

I personally am seriously anticipating a Rube Goldberg device that utilises portals in the most creative of ways ^_^

shoot a portal where you are standing there on the floor. go back to the end of the tunnel you are in and then shoot the other portal onto the floor of the room with all the turrets. jump in. voila.

yeah, I got stuck on that one too. I had this amazing idea eventually.. everytime I get stuck and start chatting with Brick, I figure it out.
See Nitre's.. use momentum.
You fail to think with portals.

chatting with Brick? Did you bring a cinder block along with you? lol

Back