Stupid question...

skogum!

Reaction score
I know im stupid but are the combine's humans or aliens?

:bounce:

We dont really know but we suspect they may be of alien origin.

no the combine are soldiers, just like HL had but this time these guys are here to bring the big guns and alot more trained/deadly. Man HL was so cool, im going to play and beat it again before HL2....that was so cool how like black mesa had a lockdown with aliens and they send in troops....so sweet. Reminds me of Resident evil the movie....except HL which is way better.

Yeah but when it comes were are all going to be blown away, even though its 4-5 months ago it seems so long ago and if valve puts back the release im gunna go head and go to seattle and snipe each one of them through the windows, steal what they have of HL2, and run away....oh and prolly go through gabes notes and plans and steal his ideas and sell them and make $$$...muahahah no such thing as half way crooks!

sauce? where? :rolling:

^my new name for the game engine = sauce :D

but come on, its just like HL and gabe already started that backup came in HL one and this time they are bringing the big guns with a bigger squad, some the combine is some government military fighting unit. Oh well we will see.

wahah sounds quite childish but way better than source.

In the 500/600mb video, didn't Gabe say (in the beggining og the strider demo) "the alien combine"?

tbh no ones gonna find out till valve actually say :)

Yeah. He did say "the alien combine have [something]..." I think it's right at the start of the Strider scene, where Gordon's in that metal cage elevator. He probably shouldn't have said the combine were aliens, but at least we know one more thing about HL2. :cheers:

Originally posted by stigmata
Yeah. He did say "the alien combine have [something]..." I think it's right at the start of the Strider scene, where Gordon's in that metal cage elevator. He probably shouldn't have said the combine were aliens, but at least we know one more thing about HL2. :cheers:

a·li·en ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l-n, lyn)
adj.

1. Owing political allegiance to another country or government; foreign: alien residents.

2. Belonging to, characteristic of, or constituting another and very different place, society, or person; strange. See Synonyms at foreign.

3. Dissimilar, inconsistent, or opposed, as in nature: emotions alien to her temperament.

It doesn't necessarily mean that they're outer-space aliens, it could have just meant that they were sent from somewhere else, thus being "alien" to City 17.

oh come on, i refuse to believe them are aliens. The only way i could be convinced is if they are people from a different dimention or sum shit like that. Y, becuase:
1.) They look like humans. ie they have two arms two legs a head a torso nad fingers with aposable thumbs ;)
2.) They speak english. U want proof look at the video with that creature that stabs the combine with its water tenticle. The combine guy says "hold it right there"
3.) they carry human technology. They have that new american gun the *cant quite remember gun is it the OICW* and in the art work they carry M4s. They have gass masks which look normalish. U say its sumthin special and weird cos they are aliens, well in one screan shot there are civilians wearing gass masks too!. Was in pc gamer uk with the strider.
4. They have red blood
5. They behave as a real human would as stated by the valve guy in the videos. Ie kicking down doors etc.
6. Barny wears the same/similar clothing to them making me believe its maybe just body armour.
7. i have yet to think of this one but dont worry i will ;)

hope this helps

My theory is they are a bit of both. Humans and aliens working together. Thus the word combine. So the soldiers could be human and the building could be of alien or something. I don't think your supposed to know this until partway through the game when you figure it out. That's just my guess tho so whatever.

-Straylight

they also say "Man down" when they get hit by the giant swing pendulum of death (giant red steel bar) in the same demo where he pushes the table infront of the door

Back