sudden realization *spoilers*

z0mbin3

Reaction score
The part of Gmans speech were he ask's Alyx to relay his message thats from Alyx's point of veiw. That's the first time I've seen that Gordon is left alone and the players somewere else! I could be worng....I'm probly wrong.........I know I'm wrong but that would be cool if I wasn't.

It's not. It's him showing Gordon what he's telling Alyx's subconscious. It can't be from Alyx's point of view if we can see Alyx.

The GMan was showing Gordon all of these things, not Alyx. He showed him talking to Alyx, yes, but thats it

The G-Man says "Your not supposed to be here."
My guess is that since Gordon and Alyx are linked now, Gordon followed the G-Man to where he took Alyx.

Can you see yourself from afar while your eyes are closed?
Yes? ..quit smoking that.

Sorry. I meant, what was his reasoning behind being from Alyx's point of view.

I missed my /0s :p

It's only in the trailer. The line was never intended to be in the game. The justed used a line from the HL2 beta in the trailer because using the in-game line would have been a spoiler.

Gotcha. I just watched a youtube video with that line still in. Must be what I was thinking of.

I never heard te line your talking about dude. And trust me if I did hear it I would have talked about it here to help my case.

It's in the trailer, but not in the released version of the game. I think it was replaced by all that explanation about how G-Man went against his employers when he rescued her before Black Mesa went kaboom.

Yeah guys, go on.
Answer the same thing 10 times. We're almost there.

The line is in the trailer, but it's not in the real game. They cut that content for the final, golden release of the vidya game.

I still don't fully understand what this thread is talking about, the 'Your not suppost to be here' line in the trailer? and if so, why are we talking about it...

This thread is about the part were Gman is telling Alyx to relay his words. I think Gordon isn't around for this part which means this is the first time in Half-Life were the player and player character have been apart. And the player is with another character.

I never heard te line your talking about dude. And trust me if I did hear it I would have talked about it here to help my case.

It's in the trailer! And as Frost has already said, it's been repeated several times already!

It's in the trailer BUT NOt THE GAME so it's not canon. Theres alot of stuff in movie and game trailers that arn't in the final product.

The line 'Your not supposed to be here' was used in the trailer because that recording was made already by the voiceman of G-Man for HL1. But it doesn't fit into the storyline of Ep2 and that's why we didn't see that phrase after.

I know already! ****in hell.
Anyways it's been said by developers that the game never leaves Gordon's POV so during that scene it is Gordon watching the G-Man speak to Alyx.

what the hell are you talking about. The gman even adresses Freeman... "Doctor Freeeeman!" it is clearly from the pov of gordon. What the hell are you talking about?

>_< AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! When Gman is telling Alyx to relay his words!

Is it really that difficult to understand that G-Man is talking to Alyx right in front Dr. Freeman?

He's there, watching it all.

Everything the G-man shows Gordon is just that, something he shows Gordon. Some stuff isn't even remotely real, for example he isn't *actually* transported to an office somewhere where the g-man is *actually* sitting at a chair. It's all just stuff the g-man chooses to let him see. Why? To look cool. And he lets Gordon see him transplant those words in Alyx's subconsciousness. Gordon's still there.

>_< AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! When Gman is telling Alyx to relay his words!

Yes. We know. We understood. We replied.
You know, that was back in the first page. We never leave Gordon's point of view. Gordon saw it as well, otherwise, we wouldn't be able to, and then we wouldn't understand shit when she speaks the words to Eli.

Why would Valve suddenly change the players concept all of a sudden? If you were looking from Alyx's point of view, you'd be looking upwards!

What about when the vorti says "We weave the Freeman's life with hers."?

I'm pretty sure that's doing more than creating suspicion.

They are now connected in some way obviously. The follow up line is "Almost vortal is this connection" or something to that extent.

It's in the trailer! And as Frost has already said, it's been repeated several times already!

It's in the trailer BUT NOt THE GAME so it's not canon. Theres alot of stuff in movie and game trailers that arn't in the final product.

I know already! ****in hell.
Anyways it's been said by developers that the game never leaves Gordon's POV so during that scene it is Gordon watching the G-Man speak to Alyx.

Is it really that difficult to understand that G-Man is talking to Alyx right in front Dr. Freeman?

He's there, watching it all.

*slams hands down on desk* LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!! >8(

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

And aye, the "vortal connection" between Alyx and Gordon facinates me. I can't wait to learn more about it!

I just picked that line up recently. Subtitles can be a wonderful thing.

I imagine it's something similar to what Freeman has with the Vortigaunts.

That'd be a hard concept to integrate into the game :/

Not to mention, would we really want to?

I'm gonna get that advisor. Killing my dad and shit. Man, I'm starting to chafe. I need a shower. Look a turret, I'll make that tool Gordon go disable it.

"Hey Gordon, be a sweetheart..."

Not to mention, would we really want to?

I'm gonna get that advisor. Killing my dad and shit. Man, I'm starting to chafe. I need a shower. Look a turret, I'll make that tool Gordon go disable it.

"Hey Gordon, be a sweetheart..."

"I haven't slept, ate or even SAT DOWN in three days."

She was layin' her ass down while we cured her, if you don't remember!

Back