Sven Co-op 2 Media Update

jeaaa, noiceeeeeeee

love the map screeens with the models in it, adds alot of flava

Those models look very good. Cant wait to coop.

Looks excellent, great job and I can't wait!

didn't get into the first one, but this defietly looks great

I think they look great, and I'm a big SC fan but...
well the strongest parts of the synth-elite design, in my opinion, were the feet and the hair-like protuberances, and you've removed both :{ kinda makes it look like a plain old robot

looking hot, much better then sven coop 1

this game will rock as long as it doesnt lag

The Synth Combine soldier is white because that's the way it is in Raising the Bar. It also evolved into the look we have in the game Combine elite. Personally I think it needs quills like the Strider like like the concept.

I love how everything looks but that first Vort like Alien looks extremely strange.

a question:

so basically they're bringing stuff that was cut back to the game, are they bringing enemies like the cremator back?

Tor looks a bit overly chunky, mainly in his hands, feet, biceps, and thighs.

I'm not saying to slim him down, but sculpt him better to get more form

Tor looks a bit wrong arms seem very misshapen
I agree with angry lawyer that the combine super soldier as a bipedal synth should have the same beige colour - the only reason it was white was because it was going to be the combine elite in hl2
I'd love to see you guys take the combine elite (the hl2 ones) increase their height to 7 foot and make them super strong so that they can bash through walls or pick up soldiers and throw them away. Also make them carry real powerful weaponry like miniguns, rpgs, 20mm cannons as if they were normal assault rifles and always have them in squads.
Leave theregular soldiers as they are but allow them to use the pulse rifle secondary fire and the grenade launcher and flood every area with info nodes so they react quickly and smartly - the soldiers in the first sven coop were great
The reason I never liked the first sven coop was it was a bit cheesey and badly thought out - like meeting a zombie who could withstand rpg hits was madness
Make this one more like a war with a similiar rebel uniform for everyone and a gritty feel and youi've got a winner

Another thing you could do to enhance the teamplay element by giving each player 5 times where when they are mortally wounded they have a bar that depletes until they die until someone saves them with a medkit. Durimg that time they cannot move except maybe crawl to cover and shout medic. If they die before help arrives they respawn back at a bunker or in the team apc which is back at a safe distance and which follows the team into combat. if the apc is destroyed the team has to respawn at a checkpoint much further back.

I'd love to see this as a 7 hour war mod but as it is probably going to be rebels versus combine in the hl2 time space I still have very high hopes for this mod

In Sven Coop 1 NPC's took a lot of damage ebcause they where large amounts of players. If every single NPC was 1 double shotgun round it would last like 1minute. We are very aware of this problem and are planning on featuring a dynamic difficulty setting.

I am the person who modelled the SS and the Sven Coop team said straight away we didn't like the legs on the SS as it was. I personally would have liked to have hair on the model but it was passed down since it may look odd since none of the others such as combine flying ships have hair on anymore. I think the general idea was passed down by valve.

Someone mentioned something about lag or something, so far I have played on only a 2mbit server with about 60active NPC's and it only just begins to lag. The Hl2 netcode is much more flexible then you would think. Also the Sven Coop team are sticking to strict hardware recommendations of Half-Life 2. This is mainly because 75% of are community still have crap computers and we don't want to overwelm them with bad frame rates.

I couldn't really get into the first.

This look like it's going to be the best 3rd Party Mod out there. Can't wait! :D

Tor is still a work in progress. He'll be toned down a bit.

http://www.svencoop.com/images/tor_new.jpg

He's finished for Half-Life 1. His pose in the Half-Life 2 screenshot we posted isn't going to be used in the release.

His Half-Life 2 pose was just a standard reference layout the original modeller had for him. As seen here:
http://www.svencoop.com/davemcd/Rig.jpg

Edit: The website has an anti-leech script to save bandwidth (ugh) so just copy and paste the urls to a new browser window and they should work.

Ahh, a fellow coder.

Ichi tells me that the server speeds run pretty well with 60 active (i'd assume that means they're reacting because they've seen something that interests them, rather than sitting in the 'sleep mode'. Are you using any form of additional bandwidth/processor saving code (like simulating lots more things client side, and removing functions deemed unnecesary), or is that with the AI as it stands when you simply import it into the Multiplayer code-base?

Oh yeah, and Sven-Coop was my favourite mod - you guys are my modding heroes.

-Angry Lawyer

I really, really want to play as that Super-soldier... Honestly, he's awesome...

am i the only one that thinks that the vortigant guy is too blocky?

that marshmallow guy is awesome though, especially in that fire picture. i want to see it's attack moves.

lucidrains said:
am i the only one that thinks that the vortigant guy is too blocky?

that marshmallow guy is awesome though, especially in that fire picture. i want to see it's attack moves.

he is a warrior. You don't get many skinny dudes throwing u around.

Back