Sweden wins at PC

Septih

Reaction score
"An eight-year-old boy has sparked an unlikely outcry in Sweden after failing to invite two of his classmates to his birthday party.

The boy's school says he has violated the children's rights and has complained to the Swedish Parliament."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7479758.stm

I fail to comprehend how people can think like that...

What the ****? Lund is my home town! There hasn't been a word about this in Swedish media.

Don't worry, the people at the school are obviously mad, this won't go anywhere.

EDIT: Just to clarify things, here's what happened, according to a Swedish source I found.

The school didn't report anything to the parliament. The teacher confiscated the invitation cards, and the father of the boy who had the party reported the school.

The BBC article is outright lying.

It would be so horrible to be one of the 2 boys not invited.

Anyone else disappointed that this isn't about Sweden building the greatest PC known to man?

so is like

"but I dont want to invite him,he beat me at lunch and put things trough my butt!"
"you have to invite him boy,is kids rights!"
"yeah lets go to party!"*punchs kid*

RJ you have the strangest bullies there. "put things trough my butt"? WTF? Here we just have chavs who think they can do what they want till you hit em.

well if in countryes like the USA a bully can take the money of others kid using intimidation and not get jailed or something like that sure a lot of others things happens

well thats what I see on tv

I have lost all respect for humanity and thi further proves that PC is bull****

Sadly this type of behaviour is common in Sweden, for example in some schools they dont even sing the national anthem on graduation because students with other ethnic background than swedish might get offended(?) I dont know if I should laugh or cry..:sleep:

For reference, PC = Political Correctness, the first of the two headed beast that plagues modern European society, the other being crazy over the top killjoy Health and Safety.

i think PC is a pretty cool guy. eh annoys idiots and doesn't afraid of anything.

A bit of a clarification; The thing that made this into a huge thing is that the boy did it at school, where quite obviously the teachers do have a responsibility to make sure no-one's bullied or left out (basically they have to prevent the entire class gathering around the kid whose party it is as he hands out invitations to all by two boys in front of the whole class). It's not the first time this has happened, and the parents usually just go "Oh **** it" and have their kids hand the invitations out after school when the teachers have gone into their offices and started hitting the bottle or house-to-house. I'm not saying it's not ****ing ridiculous, and the BBC article is full of shit, the school didn't report anyone to anything, it's the father of the kid who got pissed at the school. It's not exactly politically correctness gone mad, it's more teachers trying to make sure everyone gets along, which of course everyone knows will never happen but it is their job to give it a go.

Back