Takin out the mobo: HELP!

simmo

Tank
Reaction score
Take a look at the attached pic, I am having trouble removing the power connector (think that whats it called :)), anyway i have circled it on the following pic and I was wondering whats the safest way instead of yanking it out :cheers:

That cable has a little clip on it, that hooks it to the motherboard connector. Be sure to unhook it (push it in), then lift it out (a little moving side to side have always helped me, and never hurt a mobo).

thxs ill try it when i can be botherd to turn my comp off...your always there for me dawdler :D

make sure everything is disconnected, and try to remove other devices too that are in the way... make sure u take all the screws off!!.. and... when u take it off, u kind of slide away from the I/O shield, then pull up, or slanted pulled up... * i love my nice big roomy case *

I cant do it :(, there is a little catch where you have to hold down while lifting it up....either i'm the weakest man alive or or its super glued in there

Originally posted by simmo
I cant do it :(, there is a little catch where you have to hold down while lifting it up....either i'm the weakest man alive or or its super glued in there

haha, try using some pliers to squeeze it in.

Originally posted by simmo
Weakling ;)
Just continue trying... I know that cable in particular can be very stuck, nearly seem glued to the mobo (and position is never good either, its always tight). Just rock it with short movements, until the catch (or whatever the english word is) is over the bulb (the same), the you should be able to just pull it out. Or just continue moving side to side.

but I feel that i'm brakin it, i'm trying so! hard! :LOL:, I guess ill use some pliers then

nope pliers didnt work ;( , I pulled so hard my hands started to hurt :eek: , and i'm no weakling:dozey: , any ideas ?:cheers:

well, you shouldn't be having this much trouble, when you use the pliers, does the latch move? like you squeeze at the top, does it pivot and the bottom come out?

i hope you're not just pulling it straight out with the pliers without pressing the thing down.

lol...one side of the pliers is on the latch so its out and the other side is....on the other side....its just in there so hard its just stupid

Well, one cant really help more, there is no other way...What you could do instead of pliers is to try a flat screwdriver and try to get it up with leverage (they have edges on the side usually, just be sure not to scratch the mobo :)). Thing is, you only need to soft it up a bit... Once its loose, it shouldnt be a problem.

The chicks really like those 1 pound weights.

Back