Team Fortress 2 with HL2 Episode2 !!!!

kacation_man said:
when is HL2: E2 comeing out any way?

By the end of this year. I think it's likely, since Valve started working on it the same time they starting Episode 1.

More info from Gamespot:

The video shows a diagram and explains that as an employee of this company, you may have to find the emergency exit to a certain room. However, there are often obstacles in your way, like a gaping chasm. No problem, because all you need to use is your Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device to create dimensional doorways that let you mess with reality. For example, if there’s gaping chasm between you and your objective, just shoot a portal on the far side of the room, then shoot a portal open on your side, then enter the portal. You’ll instantly transport from one side of the room to the next by walking through the portal (you’ll even see yourself going through the portal).

That’s the simplest example of how to use the portal gun. In other situations, you may be under fire by a gun droid. So all you need to do is shoot a portal open over the gun, then shoot a portal open beneath a crate, then watch the crate fall through the hole and crush the gun. It gets even crazier, and the diagrams shown in the trailer showed some incredibly crazy things that you can attempt, like creating a series of portals so that you’re constantly chasing yourself. Some of the puzzles sound like they’ll be “impossible,” so the challenge will be to figure out how to use the portal gun.

This promises to be an incredibly puzzle-style first-person experience, which Newell says is part of the goal. “We wanted to take physics out of this domain as a tool that lets you bounce grenades around to how can we really change the game experience for our customers,” he said.

Team Fortress 2 is back and will be included with Episode Two, and it looks like nothing else on the market. Newell explained that Valve wanted to make this action game distinct, so the graphics (which use the Source engine) look like a Pixar animated movie. To reinforce this, the carious character classes in the game look like cartoon caricatures. These include the Medic with the huge needle or the Demoman with the sticks of explosives. Other classes include the Heavy, the Spy, the Scout, the Engineer, the Sniper, the Soldier, and the Pyro. Newell says that the goal with Team Fortress 2 is to create “the best looking and best-playing class-based multiplayer game.” Team Fortress 2 is certainly unique in appearance, so we’ll see how it plays.

SFLUFAN said:
More info from Gamespot:

The video shows a diagram and explains that as an employee of this company, you may have to find the emergency exit to a certain room. However, there are often obstacles in your way, like a gaping chasm. No problem, because all you need to use is your Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device to create dimensional doorways that let you mess with reality. For example, if there’s gaping chasm between you and your objective, just shoot a portal on the far side of the room, then shoot a portal open on your side, then enter the portal. You’ll instantly transport from one side of the room to the next by walking through the portal (you’ll even see yourself going through the portal).

That’s the simplest example of how to use the portal gun. In other situations, you may be under fire by a gun droid. So all you need to do is shoot a portal open over the gun, then shoot a portal open beneath a crate, then watch the crate fall through the hole and crush the gun. It gets even crazier, and the diagrams shown in the trailer showed some incredibly crazy things that you can attempt, like creating a series of portals so that you’re constantly chasing yourself. Some of the puzzles sound like they’ll be “impossible,” so the challenge will be to figure out how to use the portal gun.

This promises to be an incredibly puzzle-style first-person experience, which Newell says is part of the goal. “We wanted to take physics out of this domain as a tool that lets you bounce grenades around to how can we really change the game experience for our customers,” he said.

Team Fortress 2 is back and will be included with Episode Two, and it looks like nothing else on the market. Newell explained that Valve wanted to make this action game distinct, so the graphics (which use the Source engine) look like a Pixar animated movie. To reinforce this, the carious character classes in the game look like cartoon caricatures. These include the Medic with the huge needle or the Demoman with the sticks of explosives. Other classes include the Heavy, the Spy, the Scout, the Engineer, the Sniper, the Soldier, and the Pyro. Newell says that the goal with Team Fortress 2 is to create “the best looking and best-playing class-based multiplayer game.” Team Fortress 2 is certainly unique in appearance, so we’ll see how it plays.

OMG, I've been waiting for this day since the day they announced TF2 as almost complete for quake2 in 1997! Where can one download this video?

OMG!! Only 8 years later!!! Thanks for not releasing when it was relevant. Does no good to me now that 56k is 100% obsolete for online gaming.

I've been waiting forever to play as Engie again, i've had to make due with the battlefield games to get my engie fix.

But now, now I can dust off my old sneaky bastard engie skills once again. Oh Suicide Engie EMP charge how i miss thee

OMG!! Only 8 years later!!! Thanks for not releasing when it was relevant. Does no good to me now that 56k is 100% obsolete for online gaming.

You know, given my expectations, I'm glad it requires a High Speed connection. Because that means more detail, intense action, and all-around-awesomeness. Sure in a perfect world 56k would be all one would need for internet gaming until the end of time, but sadly the world isn't perfect.

But TF2 makes it that much closer!

Kick ass! I was already 100% definitly buying ep.2 anyway, but now we get portals and tf2 with it? I don't know what to say! Except I'm excited!

I wonder what the price will be. And I also wonder if they will sell TF2 separately (as an option for those who don't want EP2).

I wonder what the price will be. And I also wonder if they will sell TF2 separately (as an option for those who don't want EP2).

I purchased ep.1 and although I have a top of the line system much higher than all of the maximum recommended specs after the first night of play it merely loads and crashes now.... I promised I would not purchase any of the future episodes but for tf2 im SOOOO! DEFINATELLY! GETTING EP2!!!!

Hope this shuts all the people up that say they dont get anything with this episodic content but a 4 hour game.....to me that is enough, but now their gonna get 3 games, and one of them is one of the worlds favorite online class based shooters......good times are ahead for us valve fans.

Hope this shuts all the people up that say they dont get anything with this episodic content but a 4 hour game.....to me that is enough, but now their gonna get 3 games, and one of them is one of the worlds favorite online class based shooters......good times are ahead for us valve fans.

They'll chuck in a video card with episode three (I can wish :()

Back