Teleport Screwup

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
If it was Lamarr that caused the teleport screwup on Red Letter Day, then why were both Kleiner and Eli complaining about interference? Why did one of them say 'something seems to be pulling him away?' It seems to me that Lamarr didn't cause it because all he did was break out of a vent and sit on a ledge. Could the G-Man been distorting the teleport signal to 'pull' you away, thus making the Combine start tracking you? It couldn't have been Mossman...she was surprised at the time and would have wanted to have you in the lab so she could send a signal to Breen. Anyone got any ideas as to what caused the incident?

Ahem. Sorry if anyone considers that thread title a spoiler, since it's out of context, doesn't tell you anything, and could be taken to mean a glitch. Please don't kill me?

I personally believe that Lamarr contributed to the teleport problem (as she does leap at you as you're preparing to shift), but that she might've ironically prevented something worse happening, because as stated something was pulling you away, and probably had nasty stuff in store for Gordon.

Could well have been the G-man, because the teleportation incident was perfect propaganda to declare Freeman's return to the masses, but it could've equally been incidental interference from the Combine, deliberate (backfiring) intervention by the Combine, or even some unknown third party...

Oh, and you're still going to die Skulkdodds! Then once Suicide vanishes, I alone will be master...

I have this weird feeling that the wire Lamarr pulled out of the machine when she leaped at you was supposed to be plugged in, and was probably important. As for the force "pulling him away"...who knows?

Because of the high improbability of appearing in Breen's chambers,.. twice,. I can see no conclusion except that of outside manipulation, either by Gman or by his employers.

f|uke said:
Because of the high improbability of appearing in Breen's chambers,.. twice,. I can see no conclusion except that of outside manipulation, either by Gman or by his employers.
I dunno, dude...that was a pretty big room...

...and yet, it had a certain coziness about it...

...you know, in that human consul of the world-dominating alien race sort of way...

I think it could have also been a Combine teleport interfereing because he did end up in the office of Dr. breen a couple of times.

Am I the only one feverantly imagining Gordon fliping the bird to Breen that second time he pops in the office?

"...Gordon Freeman... That ****er gave me the finger! Kill him!"

cleckmoon said:
Am I the only one feverantly imagining Gordon fliping the bird to Breen that second time he pops in the office?

"...Gordon Freeman... That ****er gave me the finger! Kill him!"

LOL!... Yeah that would be priceless.....

HumanoidTyphoon said:
I think it could have also been a Combine teleport interfereing because he did end up in the office of Dr. breen a couple of times.

or maybe valve made u go there a couple of time? :rolling:

I don't understand it? Does hedy lamarr get teleported to the desert/beach. If that is the case, how come does she end back in Klieners lab a week later. Would she of gotten gun downed by patrols if she was able to miraculously find her way back.

Now that I think of it, was the place hedy get teleported to have a vibe about that makde you think of the future?

just because something 'pulls you away' doesn't mean it was intentionally done

DEATH eVADER said:
I don't understand it? Does hedy lamarr get teleported to the desert/beach. If that is the case, how come does she end back in Klieners lab a week later. Would she of gotten gun downed by patrols if she was able to miraculously find her way back.

Now that I think of it, was the place hedy get teleported to have a vibe about that makde you think of the future?
she was teleprted back, gordon was, just outside...lazy f**kers :angel: didnt even open the door

Lamarr may have caused the machine to get to much power or something so the process went out of control and went to all wacky places. Gordon should have appeared in someones bedroom or in a concert or sumthin, thats if they still have em.?

I think the 'unexpected interferance' was the combines dark energy teleportation device.

Think about it. If teleporters generate a specific field/signal it must have been generating a hell of a strong one. It was another reciever after all.

Thats why Gordon ended up in Breens office, because it was so close to the massive teleporter.

jabberwock95 said:
I think the 'unexpected interferance' was the combines dark energy teleportation device.

Think about it. If teleporters generate a specific field/signal it must have been generating a hell of a strong one. It was another reciever after all.

Thats why Gordon ended up in Breens office, because it was so close to the massive teleporter.

ok, so why didnt it happen to alyx? she went through right before you with no problems.

obviously lamarr's interference did something. not sure what.

and yeah, i always wondered how lamarr ended up back in kleiner's lab. altho it was almost a week later. but the last i saw him/her was on the beach chasing birds. those wacky, playful buggers!

f|uke said:

Then urrrh uhhh why is Dr. Breen surprised to see Gordon? Wouldn't the Combine Advisor tell him he was coming?

Yeah, I noticed it the last time that I played. It does make you think that perhaps the G-Man is interfering, and it's not just Heddy.

jabberwock95 said:

sounds right to me

LittleB said:
Then urrrh uhhh why is Dr. Breen surprised to see Gordon? Wouldn't the Combine Advisor tell him he was coming?
What are you talkin about? Why would the combine advisor know what the Gman was up to?
jabberwock95 said:

Ending up in Breens office was no coincidence.

I dont see how any degree of circumstance could make sense from that.
The odds of ending up there randomly,. twice,. are astronomical.

Clearly there was some conscious guidance. There is simply no other way.

you guys think too much, the game wasnt designed to be interpreted

id imagine a teleportation sequence to be a delicate process. if lamarr happened to rip out a few cables and jump at you while you were being teleported, id imagine something to go wrong. when they say 'something seems to be pulling him away' i think it means he's not appearing normally, but is being pulled away from that location because the telporation procedure screwed up. the places gordon appears at, cant be random, but i dont think its meant to matter that much. all i know is that no one caused that to happen, and it was all lamarr's fault. the combine didnt even know where kleiner's lab was.

also , given the fact he could've been teleported anywhere, gordan would have likely ended up on 2 sides of a wall, or with an inaminate object sticking through him somewhere- outside tampering does seem evident, but only from gman makes sense as was pointed out

We need an expansion based on Lamarr to find out what happens to her!

Rhalle said:
Yeah, I noticed it the last time that I played. It does make you think that perhaps the G-Man is interfering, and it's not just Heddy.

Maybe the GMan is in the vent and pushes Lamarr out at the last second. > : )

Sulkdodds said:
If it was Lamarr that caused the teleport screwup on Red Letter Day, then why were both Kleiner and Eli complaining about interference? Why did one of them say 'something seems to be pulling him away?' It seems to me that Lamarr didn't cause it because all he did was break out of a vent and sit on a ledge. Could the G-Man been distorting the teleport signal to 'pull' you away, thus making the Combine start tracking you? It couldn't have been Mossman...she was surprised at the time and would have wanted to have you in the lab so she could send a signal to Breen. Anyone got any ideas as to what caused the incident?

You do know that when Lamarr jumps out he causes a wire to fall out right? Breaking the teleport seems reason enough for it to start acting funky. Although I agree that ending up in Breen's office twice is pretty odd.

something thats not really tied into the plot but is funny, that also "screws up the teleporter" if you kill the administrator when your randomly teleporting you get stuck in his office :D

ronron said:
you guys think too much, the game wasnt designed to be interpreted
Funny, you just interpreted it (although at face value):
all i know is that no one caused that to happen, and it was all lamarr's fault. the combine didnt even know where kleiner's lab was.
You dont know that. You have no way to. And nobody is saying that the Combine are responsable.

Lamaar's involvement is a red herring. While Gordon was in Breens chamber, the field turns red. Indicating some new shift in his 'bubble'.

Gordon was placed in Breen's room.
Nothing else makes sense.

1. Lamarr trekked all the way back overland to City-17 on his own.

2. It was probably the G-Man. It would be much more likely that you would start a revolution if the Combine were after you from the beginning. Without that teleport screwup you'd have gotten to Eli's lab without incident.

f|uke said:

I thought the same thing.

When I teleported to Breen's room the second time, I had a shotgun (hax omg) and he was talking to the advisor and he said "I'm almost certain it was...Gord-" *Blam* and he fell on the floor and I was stuck in his office. :LOL:. The advisor was just staring at me.

cereal said:
We need an expansion based on Lamarr to find out what happens to her!

she appears nude in the film Extase and shocks the world!@

jimmyjam said:
she appears nude in the film Extase and shocks the world!@
Headcrabs gone wild?

Anyone remember this?
1097403218_CrotchCrab1(1).jpg

Another oddity about this sequence. Barney never flips the switch.

Back