TF2 Beta unlock time

Is currently the bane of my existence :(

./steam -command update -game t..

wrong window then :(

I briefly considered writing a Perl script that would basically do the following (in pseudocode):

Code:
while(1){
    UpdateTF;
    if(UpdateActuallyHappened)
        break;
    `sleep 60s`;
}
startServer;

I briefly considered writing a Perl script that would basically do the following (in pseudocode):

while(1){
UpdateTF;
if(UpdateActuallyHappened)
break;
`sleep 60s`;
}
startServer;

Aye, I was going to do something like that, but I didn't really expect to have to wait so long :p

But still not playable.

That would most likely be the linux binaries.

The Beta is probably imminent, now. But it's too late for me to play it. XD

Hey thx for the warm welcome Duracell..I got really bad news on my end..I was looking for my doughnuts in the bag for a snack and woke my wife up to ask her where they were (cause i handed them to her yesterday)..and to my sirprise she ate them all.AHH Boo whoo...On the bright side i have some good ol cold mountain dew while we wait!

Goddammit, I just restarted Steam and had TF2 update, but it's still locked.

<sings>Quit playing games with my heart...</sings>

I think the quick little load thing by TF2 is nothing more than a quick check of how much is loaded, nothing more.

I think I stopped caring without noticing :|

I drew the short straw out of three people to sit up waiting to up our server as soon as it's ready.... ticking over 5:30am UK time :(

For some reason I think back to the "Meet the Engineer" video.

I picture the engineer as Gabe, and everyone running towards him are the hungry TF2-beta fans desperate to get their hands on the game.

But no, the turrets keep the fanboys at bay and the kill-counter beside Gabe ticks over every now and then. :)

i can stay up as late as I have to to play but it's not going to be the 17th for much longer. Definitely deceptive advertising. If they would have said the 18th it would make more sense.

Guys what gonna happen when we ware able to play..Will steam auto restart...Will we just press play...Will we need to manually restart...Im never around during these things and dont know!!!

Gabe Newell will personally visit you...thank you...restart steam for you...
...pat you on the back and congratulate you for accessing the game.
If you give him a treat,he'll slip in a free hand job too.
Free of charge of course.

Team Fortress 2 Beta Launches on Steam Today; Update: Beta Coming "In the Next Hour or Two"
by Carlos Bergfeld Sep 17, 2007 11:32pm CST
Update: Speaking in a Shacknews group chat room on The Steam Community, Valve employee Erik Johnson has revealed that the maddeningly unreleased Team Fortress 2 beta is almost here. Valve is having difficulties with the dedicated Linux server software, causing a delay.

Currently, the Windows server software is available through the HLDS Update tool available on the Steam website, but the Linux software is not ready. If the company cannot get the Linux server up within "the next hour or two," it will simply release the game for play on Windows servers only.

"We're really close, just a few issues with the Linux server. We just released the Win32 server, so if people are running those, they can get started," said Johnson. "If we don't make it with linux in the next hour or two, we'll just fire away with what we have and get linux out as soon as we can."

etc etc...

------------------

ErikJ entered chat.
ErikJ: Hello Shacknews group.
ErikJ: How come it is so crowded in here?
mooglebean: WE'RE WAITING FOR SOMETHING
ErikJ: We're really close, just a few issues with the linux server.
ErikJ: We just released the Win32 server, so if people are running those, they can get started.
ErikJ: If we don't make it with linux in the next hour or two, we'll just fire away with what we have and get linux out as soon as we can."

Omfgwtfbrbytmndzmoggggg1!@!!! It's Out In Full Fortune Go And Get The ****ing Beta Before You Explode With Drool!

Gabe Newell will personally visit you...thank you...restart steam for you...
...pat you on the back and congratulate you for accessing the game.
If you give him a treat,he'll slip in a free hand job too.
Free of charge of course.

You sir are the reason why condoms were made~~

Back