TF2 Beta unlock time

Wow, I love how you guys are crying over a BETA!!!! Something that we are getting not because we are entitled, but because the guys at Valve are awesome enough to give you the privilege of playing the game early. Do something more constructive than troll forums to whine.

not only are you contradicting yourself, by using your first post to cry about people crying, your also trolling this forum. Valve used the incentive to play the beta to sell preorders through steam, that is the complaint most are trying make and i think it's legit.

not only are you contradicting yourself, by using your first post to cry about people crying, your also trolling this forum. Valve used the incentive to play the beta to sell preorders through steam, that is the complaint most are trying make and i think it's legit.

Either ****ing way you're getting the beta. What does it matter if it is today or tomorrow. You're getting it a month ****ing early. That's what they were selling.

It's a priviledge because we aren't playing the full game, we are playing a beta. It's not hard to understand, really.
From memory, ETQW and BF2142 had open betas, plus a few other games. They may have had Fileplanet subscribers as a priority for the keys, but eventually the public had the opportunity for keys. Those betas were free. TF2's beta is not. I still don't how it's a privilege when you look at the comparison.

Let me get this straight: They're delaying a BETA because it's not working perfectly? Isn't that the point of an open beta? So people can test an unfinished game to help with development?

Someone should make a poll on who thinks that it will release today or not

I've got my bet on cheese! Swiss, provolone, cheddar, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that cheese is where the money is at.

It's a priviledge because we aren't playing the full game, we are playing a beta. It's not hard to understand, really. Also, it's not Tuesday yet where Valve is located, so let's wait until it's officially Tuesday before you guys get your FUPAs out of place.

The fact its a beta is irrelevant. Valve offered The Orange Box preorder with the incentive of playing TF2 on the date they specified. Granted, it's not Tuesday yet, but releasing it at the very end of the day is just shitty.

Of course, nobody should be surprised. Valve has never released anything on time.

Well, no TF2 for me tonight...

I'll check in the morning to see if it did indeed get released on time. Night everyone!

Let me get this straight: They're delaying a BETA because it's not working perfectly? Isn't that the point of an open beta? So people can test an unfinished game to help with development?

A beta that is already completely preloaded on everybody's systems no less.

careful, although you make perfect sense. Some people don't understand your madness. ;D

100% agreed but the problem they are having is with the servers (according to an email) LOL so it makes it kinda hard

Well, no TF2 for me tonight...

I'll check in the morning to see if it did indeed get released on time. Night everyone!

You will go to bed with visions of sugar naplums running through your head. Sleep well, for tomorrow morning we dine at the olive garden.

Either ****ing way you're getting the beta. What does it matter if it is today or tomorrow. You're getting it a month ****ing early. That's what they were selling.

Next it's "What does it matter if it is tommorow or a week from now. Your getting it early".

Then "Your getting it 2 weeks early!! Stop your whining you baby".

"So it's Oct 10th and you don't have shit. You should thank valve for giving that $5 discount and praise them for being perfectionists".

They're delaying it because the linux based srcds binaries have a problem/arn't finished - No linux binaries = 3/4 of all the TF2 servers won't be running. I'd imagine they want to shift everything in one big release - seems fair to assume that.

Next it's "What does it matter if it is tommorow or a week from now. Your getting it early".

Then "Your getting it 2 weeks early!! Stop your whining you baby".

"So it's Oct 10th and you don't have shit. You should thank valve for giving that $5 discount and praise them for being perfectionists".

I will sip chocolate sauce from your mother's armpit sir.

They're delaying it because the linux based srcds binaries have a problem/arn't finished - No linux binaries = 3/4 of all the TF2 servers won't be running. I'd imagine they want to shift everything in one big release - seems fair to assume that.

Maybe they shouldn't have FUBARed this aspect of the release to begin with if it's so integral to its success?

Is this thread pointless
YES
YES

:LOL:

you wanna know what's pointless? A caldera, now that's pointless. And while we're on the subject, why the hell don't volcanos have nacho cheese instead of lava. Disrespectful turds.

All of these problems would have been solved if they had never specified a date. If Valve would have just put "Pre-order Orange Box and gain access to TF2 Beta when we release it!" Then all of this would have been solved.

hmm, be interesting the other way around,

what if we had the game, but yet mysteriously our credit cards didn't seem to want to work for a few days. Curious how many people would have preorder the game already of steam if this beta wasn't offered for today?

In an ideal world...

I knew somebody would respond with this, to which I would respond that they have ten years of experience with software development. They should anticipate these problems by now. They have plenty of knowledge of what a release like this takes and, therefore, should be able to make it smooth (or at the least pipe up about what's taking so damn long).

Well in a few minutes it'll be midnight here and Vlave will have two hours left before their time zone catches up. Maybe it'll happen now, maybe it won't either way I'm done here.

At least they could do is tell wtf is going and and say "Sorry guys its not coming out tonight maybe tomorrow." but no...they wanna leave everyone hanging and not say a damn word...thats bad business as far as im concearned and i know alot of people will probably agree with me.

Well in a few minutes it'll be midnight here and Vlave will have two hours left before their time zone catches up. Maybe it'll happen now, maybe it won't either way I'm done here.

If you were superman, you could fly to valve and choke gabe till he spills the beans on where his god damned copy of TF2 is.

It would be nice if Gabe started posting on HL-based forums again.

I know he did so occasionally at HLfallout.net, but left apparently due to people making fun of his appearance. Would be cool to interact with the leader again, assuming he's forgiven the community.

I knew somebody would respond with this, to which I would respond that they have ten years of experience with software development. They should anticipate these problems by now. They have plenty of knowledge of what a release like this takes and, therefore, should be able to make it smooth (or at the least pipe up about what's taking so damn long).

'These problems'

Please enlighten us on what is exactly wrong with the linux binaries.

Experience means jack-shit when something new or unexplainable pops up.

At least they could do is tell wtf is going and and say "Sorry guys its not coming out tonight maybe tomorrow." but no...they wanna leave everyone hanging and not say a damn word...thats bad business as far as im concearned and i know alot of people will probably agree with me.

You want to know what bad business is? Buying frozen cranberry shares at $2.00/share and selling them at $0.29/share. Now that's bad business.

Back