TF2 Bluescreen crash

Reaction score
I was playing TF2 and everything was fine.Then suddenly , the screen froze up and ... uh ... i don't know how to describe this but like the last sound that was heard started to like ... repeat itself . It lasted about 5 seconds and then the blue screen of death came - I don't remember much what it said but i remember seeing something like "memory dump"
That's really bad , right ?

P.S : Tf2 is legit , no mods or addons.

Your PC is raped, not TF2, what are your specs?

Your PC is raped, not TF2, what are your specs?

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
2.11 GHz Performance Rated at: 4.22 GHz
2.0 GB of RAM
GeForce 9400 GT
Windows 7

I think that it's Win7 that's causing the problem -- since TF2 isn't officially supported yet

Windows 7 works better than fine with TF2, I use it myself - no problems.

I would suggest waiting to see if the screen happens again, sometimes you get the error screen randomly and it's just because of a random fault - sometimes it repeats itself because the error comes back. On every type of blue screen theres a certain code, get that code and google it - it should tell you what is wrong.

Just get XP if you can, older hardware usually doesn't get a lot of effort put into making drivers for new OSes.

And like Nicky said, google the error code if you want to fix it.

Just get XP if you can, older hardware usually doesn't get a lot of effort put into making drivers for new OSes.

And like Nicky said, google the error code if you want to fix it.

get xp? bad advice

i'm guessing vid card overheat or memory problems. i've been getting BSOD during TF2 since the Demo/Soldier update so i'm quitting for a while.

'cause VALVE obviously changed the very innermost code of the game that attributes to the BSOD, which makes it the game's fault, and not a hardware or software failure.

PC is overheating, most likely. Turn settings down / check for broken fans / dust blocking fans.

Use speedfan to find out your GPU temperature.

On load or idle? That's fine on either. Load up TF2 and play and keep checking it as you play.

My 8800GT which is single slot idles at 70C. Load it hits about 84. How long were you playing last time before the bluescreen? Check it after 5 mins then periodically after.

Also, do you use the most up to date nvidia drivers?

Update - Just checked HWmonitor and ITS SAYING THAT IT IS 85 DEGREES !!!!!

I dare not start notepad at these temperatures !!!

My 8800GT which is single slot idles at 70C. Load it hits about 84. How long were you playing last time before the bluescreen? Check it after 5 mins then periodically after.

Also, do you use the most up to date nvidia drivers?

I was playing for a pretty long period ... an hour maybe ? hour and a half ? Drivers are up to date.

Oh god i am a idiot - the temp of the GPU IS 68 - i was looking at something else ... :D

96c783.jpg

Does everything look normal here ?

not your large icons....ew

as far as temps though ur CPU is very hot. wut kind of cooler you have?

Back