TF2 on Xbox Live = Win!

thehunter1320

Reaction score
this news forced me to come back... because the thought of Team Fortress 2 being played over Xbox Live is probably the best wet dream, and it's coming out THIS YEAR! which means the XBL community will have an awesome multiplayer game to play until the next big thing comes out (i hate to say it, but Halo 3... only because bungie has the party system coming back and the large fanbase... otherwise it's tosh)

i was wondering if anyone else shared my excitement

Was TF classic really fun? I hadn't played it back in the day cause i was more into CS. Since there was hardly any TF2 footage back then, im assuming all the hype is from the fact that TFC was real fun...

I didn't mind it now and then, but cs has always been my preference, 1.6 anyways.

TF is less realistic than CS, less dependant on weapon skill and accuracy and more focused on tactics and teamwork and mastering the classes. Unlike other class-based shooters, classes in TF are much more than just the same soldier with a different weapon/coat of paint, they're more like characters (which TF2 seems to be emphasising with the new art style), so chosing and playing classes that compliment your team is pretty crucial (especially if the sniper spots are already filled out, lolz).

Just got a 360 with Live and have been having a ball with it, but... I can't see myself picking a console version over PC for Team Fortress. Gonna depend on whether it ends up feeling like a made-for-PC console port or vice versa, I guess.

"less realistic" isn't the phrase that best describes it, "not realistic at all" is a more accurate statement

But then again i would not have it any other way.

One of my favorite things to do was to do the Kamikaze Engy Bomb Attack. In TFC the engies get EMP grenades that cause almost all of a player's ammo, plus any ammo bags lying around, to explode. Their strength was dependant on how much ammo a player had when the emp hit.

Well you could also prime grenades in TFC, up to the point of exploding if you felt like it. And since grenades were seperate from the rest of your weapons, you could attack people with your guns while your grenade button was held down.

So what i would do is while stocked to max capacity of ammo, i'd run at a large group of enemies while priming an EMP, and fighting them up close with my shotty. After a few seconds I'd explode, they'd explode, and any ammo bags from dead players would explode. And oddly enough sometimes i've survived.

My best use of the K.E.B.A was on the map shortbus. On that map there is a school bus that drives on a continuous circuit that reaches both the blue base and the red base. Both teams often fight for possesion of the bus as it is the fastest to get to the enemy base. Also most the areas that it passes through are too narrow to avoid getting run over by the bus so its good for running people over too. Well, what i would do, is if i was on foot and about to be hit by the bus under the control of the enemy team, I'd jump onto the hood of the bus at the last second and begin priming an emp while the enemy players in the bus looked at me confused. After a moment of surprise they tried shooting me off the hood but it was too late. The emp goes off, everyone inside the bus explodes, i'm crippled and missing most my ammo, and then i steal the bus.

Was TF classic really fun? I hadn't played it back in the day cause i was more into CS. Since there was hardly any TF2 footage back then, im assuming all the hype is from the fact that TFC was real fun...

I too ignored TFC for a long time because of CS. Then one day I decided to see what it was all about.

I found that I was having pound for pound more fun with TFC than CS. They're very different, so comparisons don't serve much. But it was just such an action-packed, ridiculous, varied experience that appealed to me more.

You still might want to give it a shot, since it's pretty darn good even for today.

Team Fortress Classic is...well, a Classic! ;-P I loved everything about it and still go back to play it every now and then...its totally different then CS but its a lot more action packed and most importantly is FUN AS HELL!!

Back when they first announced TF2 (On the HL1 engine) I was a little disappointed because they made it all military-ish and that just wasn't what TFC was about! Now this new style is absolutely awsome, exactly what I would expect from a Team Fortress game. Plus I can get it for both PC AND 360. This = very very very happy me

Back