TF2 preview (shacknews)

Holy hell something new. Reading...

EDIT:
One of the most potentially hilarious recurring events in Team Fortress 2 occurs when you are killed--at that moment, the camera does a snap zoom up to your killer and holds a freeze frame, capturing the enemy's position, weapon, and location at the moment the deed was done. Most of the time, this is nothing special, but what makes the feature such a great part of Team Fortress 2 is that, every so often, the enemy player character will have been caught in the middle of one of the game's gorgeous animations--most notably, the Heavy's gleefully psychopathic grin and belly laugh. Getting killed by a Heavy and seeing him frozen in time, face a picture of joy as illuminated by his massive gun's muzzle flash, sticks out in my mind as one of my most memorable experiences with the game. Thankfully, the game automatically offers the option to save the snapshot to your PC.

Sounds awesome :D

Valve has made strides into the console world before, but this year marks the company's most straightforward move into multiplatform development yet. The company revealed to Shacknews last week that it will launch Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress, and Portal on both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 the same date the PC games launch. In Valve's offices, team members regularly play cross-platform multiplayer games, but the studio's Doug Lombardi noted emphatically that such functionality will not appear in the final versions. He explained that it introduces more problems than it is worth, and if Valve ever decides to go that route it would be in a game designed for it from the start.

Argh, that sucks.

Frick I've sent pm's to every new poster i can find to get them to put this up on the front page, but so far none of them have. Its been up since the 18th.

Oh well, guess this site is more about Lost Planet EXTREME CONDITION, then it is about actual games done by steam.

Blue

Back