Tfc 2?

G

gman697

Bought Half-Life 2 and it came with Counter-Stike:Source and Deathmatch. I thought there was a TFC2? When I try to play TFC now there is only like 13 servers. What happen to TFC?

and its pretty much "vapor-ware" at the moment.....unless valve goes silly on us, don't bet on hearing anything about it anytime soon.
Sorry to rain on your parade.:|

stemcells play a HUGE part in TF2 :)

I bet valve is making TF2 as we speak...i was bored at work a few weeks ago and we have the E3 DVD of 2004, i popped it in and watched the HL2 section. gabe newell says that we will see all the old valve games using the source engine. he gives the examples of, counter-strike, day of defeat, half life, and team fortress. they've done all of em but TF, so i say its coming.

gman697 said:
Bought Half-Life 2 and it came with Counter-Stike:Source and Deathmatch. I thought there was a TFC2? When I try to play TFC now there is only like 13 servers. What happen to TFC?

Valve are supposedly working on tf2, but no info has been released since the previous incarnation of tf2 (in development on the same engine as hl1 way back when) was scrapped. They namedrop tf2 once in a while in interviews and such, but nothing interesting has been actually said or even hinted at.

Some people believe valve are working on converting tfc to source. I don't think we have any info at all wether that is true or not, though.

TFC is still played by a reasonable amount of players so there shouldn't be a problem finding a decent enough game. Personally I feel that tfc is a tad old, but I do miss the good fortress action so I hope something new will come along.

As someone have pointed out there is a mod for hl2 in development called fortress forever. The work they do looks good, but I think we are pretty far off a proper release.

Dystopia is a pretty good mod that definately has some of that team fortress-feel.

.bog.

I never really got into Team-Fortress, i found it a bit too fast paced, but then i started playing UT2K4 and Quake 4 online and loved em, so cannot wait for TF2 now. So there is no actual news or release date set for it ?

TFC2 will come out in a triple bundle pack, alltogether with Stalker and Duke Nukem Fornever.

Stalker and Duke Nukem Forever are famously overdue games too.

I remember when there were TFC2 screen shots out wayyyyyyyy back when. It looked so cool. Now I dont care fore it because it seems to be a bunch of bull.

R.I.P TF2...Long live Fortress-Forever!
Looks good and should be fun to play...

I bet they'll show us HL2 being converted to the Source engine...:LOL:

On more serious topics: tfc2, and stalker have been stuck in my 'read the info on them' games for the ages now... I think I should just stop waiting and go buy something that will actually come out soon... i.e. Oblivion

I remember when I saw the parachute video for TF2 I thought I needed to upgrade my Voodoo2. Thats gotta tell you something about how long this game has been in development. It seems that alot of what TF2 was supposed to be is in Battlefield2.

I think I remember somebody posting a trip to Valve saying that he saw some TF2 concept art. And they have a link to teamfortress.com on their website with the words "coming soon"(it just goes to Half-Life 2's site right now). I expect that we'll here some kind of announcment that they've relaunched development of TF2 before too long.

Back