the Art of Driving an automobile

Saw this a couple of days ago ... I honestly don't know what she's trying to do. Maybe it's her first time in a manual? Even so, I don't think anybody could roll a car on a gate if they tried.

especially doing that speed ..I mean it defies logic ..she must have jumped a hidden ramp like in the A-team or something

lol.

P.S. There's nothing worth watching after 1:30 (when the woman gets out of the car)

haha, something similar.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uIx71jdkFQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]7Mj1sMQOHXA[/YOUTUBE]
Sabine Schmitz must be the saving grace of women drivers everywhere. At least this lass knows how to handle a car ... and a van ... :D

honestly there's some genetic thing that makes them inclined to be worse drivers i swear to god

wasnt there another thread that showed a woman trying to parallel park a car that was too big?

If not then:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffl1MexG6Pk[/youtube]
and also
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZKNsBBWSdM[/youtube]

Wow. At least in the 1st video there was a physical reason why the person couldn't get in the spot. The 2nd video was about 2x as pathetic

That's because men know how to get in REAL accidents. Women somehow manage to flip their cars over by driving over a penny, or perch themselves up on top of chain-link fences and walk away unscathed, to do it again. And again!

*sigh* Men have a higher chance of DYING in a car crash. Says nothing about CAUSING a car crash. Generally the person being crashed into dies, because they see it coming, tense up, etc. The other oblivious person, is just that, oblivious. That's why the drunk driver always lives, they're relaxed, their body absorbs the impact better.
So yeah, statistics don't surprise me. Especially this one:
The highway death rate is higher for cautious 82-year-old women than for risk-taking 16-year-old boys.
No shit sherlock, that's why grandma shouldn't have a license.

PS if you're in anyway offended by this post please STFU.

*sigh* Men have a higher chance of DYING in a car crash. Says nothing about CAUSING a car crash. Generally the person being crashed into dies, because they see it coming, tense up, etc. The other oblivious person, is just that, oblivious. That's why the drunk driver always lives, they're relaxed, their body absorbs the impact better.
So yeah, statistics don't surprise me. Especially this one:

No shit sherlock, that's why grandma shouldn't have a license.

PS if you're in anyway offended by this post please STFU.

I stand behind this post.

That's because men know how to get in REAL accidents. Women somehow manage to flip their cars over by driving over a penny, or perch themselves up on top of chain-link fences and walk away unscathed, to do it again. And again!
This is precisely the reason. Insurance companies only base their statistics on the claims that actually go through insurance companies - where as women's typical accidents are slow bumps and grazes, knocking bumpers off, denting cars or knocking wingmirrors. These types of incidents hardly ever go through insurance companies and are settled between the parties involved. Men however, rarely have slow-speed accidents. If a bloke has a crash, it's usually a write-off, or needs to go through the insurance companies anyway.

If you ignored the insurance companies statistics and based your data on actual incidents, women would be right there at the top of the chart. Anyone needing proof, i've been driving over a year and in that time, women have pulled out on me 6 times, and blokes only once. One of these women caused me to take evasive action and hit a wall, whilst she sped away. Police sorted her out though, and her insurance sorted me out.

Also, usually whenever I see a driver doing something absolutely stupid, 70 percent of the time it's a woman.

Call me sexist, but most women seriously have problems when it comes to driving.

Also, usually whenever I see a driver doing something absolutely stupid, 70 percent of the time it's a woman.

Call me sexist, but most women seriously have problems when it comes to driving.

qft

This is precisely the reason. Insurance companies only base their statistics on the claims that actually go through insurance companies - where as women's typical accidents are slow bumps and grazes, knocking bumpers off, denting cars or knocking wingmirrors. These types of incidents hardly ever go through insurance companies and are settled between the parties involved. Men however, rarely have slow-speed accidents. If a bloke has a crash, it's usually a write-off, or needs to go through the insurance companies anyway.

If you ignored the insurance companies statistics and based your data on actual incidents, women would be right there at the top of the chart. Anyone needing proof, i've been driving over a year and in that time, women have pulled out on me 6 times, and blokes only once. One of these women caused me to take evasive action and hit a wall, whilst she sped away. Police sorted her out though, and her insurance sorted me out.

Haha, that reminds me today. This lady was trying to merge into the lane to her right..and there was a HUGE truck right there next to her...she starts to go over, the man in the truck just looks at her with disbelief. She gets about an inch away, swerves back to her lane frantically.....waits a second...does it again.....

wtf.

Women can't handle big speeds as well as men, but they tend to drive slower.

Also, I had to get this said: If you got a licence and can't drive a manual car, you fail at life. Even a child could drive an automatic.

Women can't handle big speeds as well as men, but they tend to drive slower.

Also, I had to get this said: If you got a licence and can't drive a manual car, you fail at life. Even a child could drive an automatic.
I agree with this, I think there should only be one driving test, and it should be with a manual transmission car ONLY ... just to keep the absolute retards off the roads.

I agree with this, I think there should only be one driving test, and it should be with a manual transmission car ONLY ... just to keep the absolute retards off the roads.

You get a 2nd "qft"

I like the woman who drive huge SUV's or huge trucks and also try parking their cars. Get's really funny when it's a full parking lot and they have to get into that one space. They take their time while everybody waits for her to park. ;) Oh and I always laugh at the woman who get sooo nervous when changing lanes or getting on the highway. They constantly look back and forth and have this "OH SHII- I THINK IM GUNNA CRASH, MAYBE?!?" face on. :D *
att3588391jv2.jpg

you guys are over generalising ...why not just come out and say "asians make shitty drivers because they're used to riding bicycles" ... "old people shouldnt drive because every last one of them is useless and should just be put in a home"

I know of a few women that will out-drive every last one of you ..one of them has a license for an off road loader

2-Loader.jpg

can any of you guys say the same?

you guys are over generalising ...why not just come out and say "asians make shitty drivers because they're used to riding bicycles" ... "old people shouldnt drive because every last one of them is useless and should just be put in a home"

I know of a few women that will out-drive every last one of you ..one of them has a license for an off road loader

2-Loader.jpg

can any of you guys say the same?

generalising and saying women are generally poorer at lane-changing, parking etc. is just as justifiable as saying men are usually dumbass risk-takers who are more likely to die, both are true

You havn't been to Lowell, MA have you Stern? Lot's of Asians live there, but the men know how to drive. The old/young female drivers are the worst though. I think the old female drivers are absoutely terrible. Some woman can drive a car yes, but those are a rarity and they usually end up in competitive racing.

so in other words only female stock car drivers are capable of driving an automobile? ...if that were true wouldnt every single female (besides the 1% or so who are professional drivers) be getting into an accident every single time they get behind the wheel?

jondy said:
generalising and saying women are generally poorer at lane-changing, parking etc. is just as justifiable as saying men are usually dumbass risk-takers who are more likely to die, both are true

i'm going to have to ask for proof

women are far better drivers for the simple reason that they follow the rules

so in other words only female stock car drivers are capable of driving an automobile? ...if that were true wouldnt every single female (besides the 1% or so who are professional drivers) be getting into an accident every single time they get behind the wheel?

women are far better drivers for the simple reason that they follow the rules

I base everything I say about women drivers from personal experience. I've had too many times seeing a woman try to merge into another vehicle, or me, and just do things that would normally be easy by paying attention.

that's never happened with men? if a young person cuts me off more than likely it's a guy not a girl ..I've seen a guy who thought he knew how to drive rip his back axel off after ramming into a snowbank going too fast on an icy road ..I myself have been in a car doing donuts that eneded in $2400 worth of damage done to the front tire/steering column ..I myself have driven in a company van half on a side walk half on the front lawns of neighbours hitting garbage cans while blaring Van halen drunk out of our minds ...and you're telling me women are worse drivers?

I have a son and daughter ...guess which one I'll be more worried about when they're old enough to drive

I've been driving longer than some of you have been alive and I can say in my expreience everyone sucks except for me ..suspect everyone cuz stupidty doesnt discriminate

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkXJ4spHgO0[/YOUTUBE]
There's something wrong with that tunnel...

EDIT: Another one:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39E_FmLOBm8[/YOUTUBE]

I am one of the best drivers in the city I live in, and I pay very close attention to the people that wrong me, or generally screw around on the road.

Women create far more near misses. More women will not give you the right of way. Women generally do not know the rules of the road in their entirety. They will nonchalantly follow you through a red light. Younger women are more likely to act like they own the road. Women tend to take worse care of their vehicle. Women are far more likely to be on their cell phone, or have there rear view mirror arranged so they can see their own face. Women's reaction times are far slower than men's.

Men speed. Men will try to overtake you and cut you off. Men run red lights. Men show off and more often than women pull drifts and other stunts.

These are facts based in my own experience. I drive 80% of the time I am doing my job, meaning I am on the road at least 6 hours a day.

Women cause far more problems than men, BUT, I have only been in an accident once, and it was caused by a man, while I was not moving. That one statistic was dealt with through insurance while the hundreds of near misses I encountered by women go un-noted. Multiple women have nearly run me off the road. Any less of a driver would have been hit. One women pulled out in front of me in 6-8 inches of snow, not giving me enough time to stop, so I had to swerve on the sidewalk between her and an 8ft high stone wall. I made it through unscathed, but all she did was look at me like I was stupid and drive off.

--
All of my friends are very good drivers. Mostly male, but including one or two females. Experience really is everything. I believe women tend to drive out of necessity, while men have a little more fun and are more aware of their surroundings.

I myself have been in a car doing donuts that eneded in $2400 worth of damage done to the front tire/steering column ..I myself have driven in a company van half on a side walk half on the front lawns of neighbours hitting garbage cans while blaring Van halen drunk out of our minds...

... everyone sucks except for me
You're good at this :)

It's scientifically acknowledged that high oestrogen levels mean better attention spans and an increased ability to learn rules, and that testosterone increases recklessness and risk taking. It's a fact that men generally have better spatial awareness.

The upshot of which is that -generally- men are more confident and better able to assess complex 3D situations quickly, but are more likely to take risks, while women, who are more attentive and cautious, nevertheless are less confident and aren't so good at parking/manouvering.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4406176.stm

It's scientifically acknowledged that high oestrogen levels mean better attention spans and an increased ability to learn rules, and that testosterone increases recklessness and risk taking. It's a fact that men generally have better spatial awareness.

The upshot of which is that -generally- men are more confident and better able to assess complex 3D situations quickly, but are more likely to take risks, while women, who are more attentive and cautious, nevertheless are less confident and aren't so good at parking/manouvering.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4406176.stm

that's some handy dandy source work there; you managed to support both of our opinions :)

Back