The Black Mesa Incident (spoilers)

Asknoone

Reaction score
Since half life 2 has been released, and most know the story and have finished the game etc..i think its not a bad idea to release some more plot details which were not included in the game, but the script.....

Mods might take a fit but we'll see...

Quotes from breen:

I'm relying on you to fail again dr freeman, just like i relied on you back at black mesa"

"That is afterall our ultimate goal...to move freely through the continium."

Will get some more, but i am not here at home at the mo and dont have the script file handy...

I knew it, HL is all about time travel!

No it isnt, the continium is the place between the universe's...

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH TIME TRAVEL

ok? :)

Samon said:
Quotes from breen:

I'm relying on you to fail again dr freeman, just like i relied on you back at black mesa"

What does he mean with that? we didn't... fail... did we?

Chaotic_Aku said:
What does he mean with that? we didn't... fail... did we?

I assume he is meaning about in the test chamber with the samle. The experiment went wrong.

We wont know till half life 3 hell nothing is for sure until hl3

Armageddon00 said:
We wont know till half life 3 hell nothing is for sure until hl3

i doubt anything will be for sure even after hl3

I remember hearing an audio clip in the Alpha from Breen. Something about...

Your friend's suicide...

And then I cut it off before it could say any more.

Absinthe said:

Your friend's suicide...

And then I cut it off before it could say any more.
Probably refering to the resistance or Gordon(talking to someone else) saying how it will lead to the end of humanity.

im sorry, where did you get those quotes from? if you got them from the leak, then chances are its not worth a schintzel. It wouldn't surprise me if valve altered the plot (to some extent) so that the leak doesnt end up spilling to many beans...

Eli was supose to suicide, and breen talked about converting alyx into a combine soldier.

IIRC some of wav files explained the gasmask, since the combine are in many universe, humans had to be modified to survive in the other universe, thus they needed a suit so live on earth...

5parta said:
im sorry, where did you get those quotes from? if you got them from the leak, then chances are its not worth a schintzel. It wouldn't surprise me if valve altered the plot (to some extent) so that the leak doesnt end up spilling to many beans...
i'm pretty sure valve said the storyline was unchanged.

Nope it was from the game script, but a few lines were cut.

That line was Breen reffering to the fact that Eli was refusing to cooperate with breen, so therefore breen was going to kill him...

*Exact line

"Eli has already made his choice...he has decided to be one of the very last humans to die...i wouldnt be suprised if he looked upon his suicide as an act of honour."

Breen is talking about the fact that the humans are going to be herded into the combine universe, and will become immortal (but slaves) however eli is refusing to do this, so will become oneof the final humans to die.

and breen talked about converting alyx into a combine soldier.

Nope he wasnt meaning that.

*Exact quote:

"As for the young miss vance...her talents will be put to practical use on the other side of a combien portal..after a simpel medical procedure for her to survive the transition."

samon, can you PM me (or email me [email protected]) the hl2 script? after finishing the game im quite curious as to what was changed/left out. thanks :)

Samon said:
*Exact quote:

"As for the young miss vance...her talents will be put to practical use on the other side of a combien portal..after a simpel medical procedure for her to survive the transition."
i wasn't that far off.

Is the script in the raising the bar book or was it obtained by other means?

its not in rasing the bar
probably taken from the stolen build/alpha/beta/gabe's locker

Dr0ndeh said:
samon, can you PM me (or email me [email protected]) the hl2 script? after finishing the game im quite curious as to what was changed/left out. thanks :)
Do you think maybe you could attach it to this thread so anybody can get at it? It would be much appreciated by me and I’m sure others.

Im with the other two
posting to try and get the thread noticed again

Well if you want it, just pm me with your email, but i aint gonna post it...just in case.

probably taken from the stolen build/alpha/beta/gabe's locker

Nope, it was released with the CS S cache a while ago

I sent you a PM... was wondering if it(the script) helps flesh out the story? little clues or anything like that?

either way it ought to be pretty interesting..

again TIA!!

w000t!! 350th!!

Man continuum not continium. It's Time and Space as whole. Nothing special about it. Valve just uses those words to sound scientific!

Man continuum not continium.

Bleh same thing...continuum...thanks for clearign that up :)

Here is another qoute...breen quotes...

"citadel.br_bounty" "Well, you're not completely worthless... the Combine has held out a staggering bounty for your capture

"And deny her the chance of immortality? Think of the eternities that lie before us, if we would only accept this gift. Dont you want that for your child?

"I'm warming up the portal to deliver you even now. "

"Take me"

Also from reading a few other lines, it appears there was a much more complex reactor sequence planned..

Any chance you could either pm or email me the script, looks interesting?

Half-Life: Barney and his compadres
New expention pack
Coming soon....................................

not.. :rolleyes:

Back