The Dark Knight

Wha'dya Think?

• Epic, Awesome, Amazing, Best Superhero Film, Mutha ****in Perfect.

Votes: 100 64.1%
  • Pretty good film, maybe the best Superhero movie.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • It was alright.

Votes: 13 8.3%
  • Disliked it.

Votes: 5 3.2%

• Total voters

So what? I saw it after hearing how hyped it was and thought it was just alright.
Not good enough to warrant more than one viewing a year though, it's an extremely slow moving movie and not really entertaining in the traditional way, imo.

The Dark Knight is up there with the best movies of all time, that's for damn sure.

So what? I saw it after hearing how hyped it was and thought it was just alright.
Not good enough to warrant more than one viewing a year though, it's an extremely slow moving movie and not really entertaining in the traditional way, imo.

The Dark Knight is up there with the best movies of all time, that's for damn sure.

fair enough.

But I've seen The Godfather about 8 times and I always find myself riveted. It's not the best movie ever, because there is no best movie ever. It's all opinion.

But that's another thread entirely.

Another thing I liked about The Joker was-

How there was no back story to him, and he would change his story on how he got the scars.

When he first said how his dad cut him up, I'm like, okay, I get it, kinda interesting, "Oh he's insane but its because he was abused as a child, poor guy.."
But then when he makes up a different story, I'm like YES, a true psychopath, no attachment to reality and compulsive liar. Awesome. :)

I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. I was a little let down because I thought there would be more action and more joker :(

How there was no back story to him, and he would change his story on how he got the scars.

When he first said how his dad cut him up, I'm like, okay, I get it, kinda interesting, "Oh he's insane but its because he was abused as a child, poor guy.."
But then when he makes up a different story, I'm like YES, a true psychopath, no attachment to reality and compulsive liar. Awesome. :)

I was hoping they'd do more of that, but there were only the two verisons, and then a couple times where he starts but gets cut off.

There was just the right amount of Joker. They could easily have overdone it, like they did in the '89 Batman. Quality over quantity.

That is sort of an homage to The Killing Joke, where
The Joker says something very similar to "If I am gonna have a memory, i'd rather it be multiple choice!

Excellent book, required reading for Batman fans.

Very epic movie. I'm not sure if I liked it as much as the first one, some parts did drag.

VERY surprised to see Two-Face in this. I really thought he was going to be in the third one. They played him out well though, I thought. Wonder who's up next.

Awesome acting all across the board.

From wiki:

Nolan is not committed to another sequel, explaining that he does not normally line up projects after completing a film. Gary Oldman is confident Nolan will return,[25] and Bale said he would return if Nolan did.[26] Oldman hinted in the third film Gordon would have to hunt down Batman.[27] Nolan explained that as long as he is directing, he is not including Robin in the franchise because Bale is portraying a "young Batman", which meant "Robin's not for a few films". Nolan jokingly listed Frankie Muniz as a potential choice, if the studio forced him to cast.[28] Bale joked "I'll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work" if Robin is introduced.[29]

In addition, Nolan considered the Penguin difficult to portray on film, explaining, "There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky."[30] Both Christina Ricci and Kate Beckinsale have shown interest in playing Catwoman,[31][32] while David Tennant wishes to play the Riddler.[33] Prior to the release of The Dark Knight in 2008, David Goyer ruled out using the Penguin or Catwoman as a villain in a future film, prefering to use antagonists from the comic that had not yet been portrayed on the big screen.[34]

You know, when they said the movie was going to be heavily influenced by The Killing Joke, I totally didn't expect it to be Joker systematically breaking down Dent. Very awesome, thinking back on it.

Something about the movie bothered me and is keeping me from giving it 5/5 stars, but I'm not sure what. I need to rewatch it.

It seems I'm the only one to actually like Aaron Eckhart's performance better than Ledger's. I went in expecting an awesome Joker. I didn't walk in expecting a magnificent Harvey Dent.

It seems I'm the only one to actually like Aaron Eckhart's performance better than Ledger's. I went in expecting an awesome Joker. I didn't walk in expecting a magnificent Harvey Dent.

I agree 100%. I made 2 posts about it. He did an amazing job.

The acting all over the board was nothing short of incredible. Maggie Gyllenhaal was a MUCH better Rachel Dawes than Katie Holmes, but there was still something lacking.

1216521089842.jpg

Just saw it in IMAX. I avoided spoilers and my mom said she enjoys the first Batman because it was funny rather than the dark Joker. :dozey: My dad said that it was "good" and they both agreed upon the movie not Oscar worthy especially Ledger. They said his performance was average and that the make-up made his character. My review was ODMJSHFJHJFDHJDHHDF and that I am terrible sorry that we will never see Heath again. :( If there is a 3rd movie then:
What will become of the Joker and Scarecrow? Did Harvey survive? Also why is Batman now being chased now by the cops?
I think my only complaint's, if any, is that I had to crane my head up because I was 2 rows from the bottom, watching an IMAX screen. The sound also distorted some things like the ending like the explanation at the end. The sound was just booming and the shotguns just was so real sounding and had that oomph with it in the surround sound IMAX system. Yet it just distorted the sound at the loud spots but it may be how the sound was bouncing off the walls, idk. Also THERE IS NOTHING AFTER CREDITS! This disappointed many people waiting at the door, even after the cleaning crew was telling us it was time to go. But I mean the Joker was like
I have a magic trick! Look over the pencil....BAM! I was so like hehehe while making a face of D:
Just avoid the spoilers and if you can find a theater out there that isn't sold out, go watch it. NAO NAO! :LOL:

Great, internet memes to ruin a great part of an epic movie. =/

Also
You know why I don't like guns and use knives? Because it's too quick and fast to kill the person. With a knife you can savor the moment a see a true person inside before their last breath.
I mean certain things like that made me afraid of the guy. Initially you will see him as a bad guy. Then the movie gets more worse and worse with the character and a bad guy just isn't justice. The guy is evil and he loves it. He wants Batman to turn to the dark side it felt like. :LOL: He also used various stories of telling how he got his scar. Why so serious? ****ing amazing!

I think my only complaint's, if any, is that I had to crane my head up because I was 2 rows from the bottom, watching an IMAX screen.

This happened to me as well. We were going through the city and there was a ****ing tank (looked like a riot control tank) going through, so I decided to follow it (everyone else wanted to see it too). Turns out it was just a fair thing and the tank for the kids. So we got to the theater late and got the first row. Blah.

What will become of the Joker and Scarecrow? Did Harvey survive? Also why is Batman now being chased now by the cops?

Batman takes the fall for the murders that Harvey Dent committed as Two-Face because Gotham would not be able to handle seeing that such a good and righteous person was capable of such evil. Harvey went on a ****ing killing spree. Harvey Dent was the hero that Batman could never be because he could do it by being himself. Like Dent said earlier in the film, "You either die as a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Yeah people always say "there isn't a bad seat in IMAX". You wouldn't think so neither with a 3 story tall screen but at least you can lay back in the big seats which helps. The top is the best place to be at but everybody wants the top seats.

I always make sure I get to the theater 30 minutes prior, especially for opening movies.

Btw, seeing it this coming weekend. Woowoo!

We got to the theater 2 hours early and it was packed.

we got to the theatres 1 hour and a half early it was packed, we knew we'd have shitty seats and i was contemplating a bit to return the tickets and watch it the next day, but decided if we would need to rewatch it then we would. We ended up having the seats where there is the walking path, it's the the front but, not exactly the very front. The very sad part was it was sad for everyone. Why? Because the people who came late got shitty seats, BUT the people who got seats came too early and wasted their lives just to wait for a movie, despite Dark Knight being badass as it was, still... the first people in line waited in line since 4 PM for a 1:25 AM SHOWING, HOW SAD!

BUT the people who got seats came too early and wasted their lives just to wait for a movie, despite Dark Knight being badass as it was, still... the first people in line waited in line since 4 PM for a 1:25 AM SHOWING, HOW SAD!

Well, we ended up getting great seats to our surprise, but I've been as early as 3 hours before the showing to a premier. 4 PM is a little nuts, but let me say waiting in line at a premier for 3 hours is actually fun, it's a great time to socialize, because the likely hood is that whoever is around you is just as big of a geek as you are.

I got lucky and two people canceled their reservations, I wasn't even expecting to actually get a seat lol :D

Best Batman movie ever. More epic than I imagined it could have been. Ledger was brilliant and I will now whip myself for any doubts I ever had about him. Dent, Gordon, Alfred... everybody was excellent. I was expecting Ledger to overshadow Eckhart, but even he was amazing as Two-Face. I don't think they could have had better casting. There were at least ten times when the audience would shout "Oh shit!" in unison. From the opening scenes to the very end, it was almost perfect. I can't even continue to write.

Whoah. It's not easy for me to write this about a movie.

The Mafia bosses were like iconic. You had one who was like PURE Italian. Like if you looked at the guy, you would say "pfft he's in the Italian Mafia". Then they had another guy with the dog's, and he used those dog's all the time. I mean the movie was amazing. They mixed in stuff with Star Wars with the trip wire, also SAW, but it fit right in there instead of crappy Hellboy 2. I'm gonna see it some time soon again but I don't wanna pay the $11.50 for IMAX again, just go to a regular theater. I want somebody to leak a great quality CAM! Then I can watch it over and over until the Blu-Ray version comes out! :D

that was an awsome movie, it put a smile to my face =) o wait....

Is Two-Face dead or what? It seemed intentionally ambiguous to me. There was a scene of a memorial service, but I smell a cover-up.
God willing we'll see more of him.

Is Two-Face dead or what? It seemed intentionally ambiguous to me. There was a scene of a memorial service, but I smell a cover-up.
God willing we'll see more of him.

Well, Maroni fell about the same length...

It seems obvious to me, but others are making me second guess myself. =P

Back