Votes: 136 70.5%
  • Decent end

Votes: 43 22.3%
  • Disappointment(Like most games)

Votes: 14 7.3%

• Total voters

Lukasz

Reaction score
As much as I'd like a great finale, most games disappoint.

Are you guys worried?

Do you think the end of the story will suck ass, or rock balls?

*Don't say you will be sad because its over, thats obvious.

Well, lol, what do you think. The endings of every Valve game have been some of the best highlights. Two dark but awsome appearances from G-Man in HL1 and 2, witnessing the awsome capitulation of the Citadel has you speed away on a train for EP1 and the deeply traumatic death of Eli and blacking out to a weeping and broken Alyx in EP2.

I think I can say with complete confidence, the ending will be awsome.

Well, lol, what do you think. The endings of every Valve game have been some of the best highlights.

Way to make feel smart about my thread. I think it'll be aight.

I think it will be great. Not really explanative knowing valve, but great :D

Yeah, I bet though they will let us in complete darkness despite the awesomeness of the end. More questions, more theories and a HELL of a waiting for a copule of years until the next release.

I bet when you have to decide the fate of the Ship and the supposed experiment, you can hear a faint voice echo into your ear "Time to Choose", but only it is not Gman whispering, but Eli ;(

Well, lol, what do you think. The endings of every Valve game have been some of the best highlights. Two dark but awsome appearances from G-Man in HL1 and 2, witnessing the awsome capitulation of the Citadel has you speed away on a train for EP1 and the deeply traumatic death of Eli and blacking out to a weeping and broken Alyx in EP2.

I think I can say with complete confidence, the ending will be awsome.

The ending of Half_life wasn't that good, quite a disappointment infact.
I'll go for a decent ending

I bet when you have to decide the fate of the Ship and the supposed experiment, you can hear a faint voice echo into your ear "Time to Choose", but only it is not Gman whispering, but Eli ;(

I really doubt we'll be making any kind of choice.

The ending of Half_life wasn't that good, quite a disappointment infact.
I'll go for a decent ending
Whaaat?

It may be slightly out-dated, what with the boss, but the ending booth ride was great. Especially for its time.

A choice similar to HL1, whereby one ultimate choice gets you to the next adventure whilst an another means certain doom

But if the gman is to be believed, choice is just an illusion. At least when he is directing things (and he still maintains some control over the situation - just look at how he controls Alyx and stuff in episode two).

It will be great, but there will still be hints rather than outright explanations at things yet unexplained.

The end of the HL2 story arc should mark big changes for humanity and planet Earth. I foresee the fall of Combine domination and the wrapping of the whole resonance cascade events.

The end of what? Episode 3? Should be decent. Half-life won't be over, though.

Next chaps, we will be invaded by the Hell Dimension, yesssaaa

"This ship won't let you leave"

will Sam Neill lend his voice acting talents as the ship's designer ;)

Will probably be pretty epic, at least that's what I'm hoping for

It will be pretty epic.

I have a feeling the ending won't actually take place around the ship. I feel it may disapear or be destroyed slightly after the half-way point, then we will be given a final objective for the rest of the game, something epic.

Even if the ending doesn't tie up loose ends, we'll (hopefully) have HL3 to look forward to. Maybe they'll make a new engine for it.

And if I'm in the dark about anything concerning an actual HL3 and not another expansion, politely tell me instead of making me feel like an idiot.

It will be pretty epic.

I have a feeling the ending won't actually take place around the ship. I feel it may disapear or be destroyed slightly after the half-way point, then we will be given a final objective for the rest of the game, something epic.

Something got my attention about the video that mossman provides and the concept art, which show opposite sides of the ship.

What if the two sides of the ships are in two totally different locations?

The ending will be awesome.

Has anything official been said about whether there will be more Half-Life post ep3? All I've heard is that they have a lot of ideas floating around at Valve, so they won't be stuck for something to do. If it was the end, as in the end, then they'd have to say something about the G-man, although I doubt there will ever be a full, explicit explanation of him.

It's not gonna be the end of the whole series, so I don't mind if it's a bit shitty.

The next HL will probably come in 7-10 years span tho , so thats kinda sad.

Something got my attention about the video that mossman provides and the concept art, which show opposite sides of the ship.

o_O

That would be... Nuts...

Half-Life has been amazing with everything. Such as having things happen that you wouldn't expect. So I myself am expecting a very well done suprise ending. And I'm really hoping that it's going to be an amazing ending. I really don't want it to never end though. It makes me sad just thinking about it =/

So far all the endings ( Hl, HL2,ep1,ep2) were pretty epic so I think ep3's ending will also be epic.

I say it will be a great ending as well. I do hope they don't decide to kill off gordon. But other than that I can't wait for it and don't doubt for an awsome ending ^~^

That would certainly make the game longer. Going to one half, not finding anything portal related, but maybe a GLaDOS system. Then going to the other half, most probably the Combine controlled section.

So far, that is the only thoery I've heard that at least sounds plausible, it would actually make alot of sense

Yea that actually does sound plausible. I would personally like to see the halflife series go on for a while longer.

I trust valve enough to make a fantastic ending.

Even if it fails (which it wont), it will be worth the wait.

If i am correct at the very very end of the ep 3 HL2 game it should show Gman confessing who he really is, I am about 88% sure this will happen, physic... :LOL:

If i am correct at the very very end of the ep 3 HL2 game it should show Gman confessing who he really is, I am about 88% sure this will happen, physic... :LOL:

You had best be joking.

Please...

I'd hate to know everything about the Gman. It just would ruin any mysteries etc about him.

I'd hate to know everything about the Gman. It just would ruin any mysteries etc about him.

Though I hope by the end of the entire series we know a lot about him, I agree that perhaps it is best if some things stay a mystery, if only to maintain his image.

Though I hope by the end of the entire series we know a lot about him, I agree that perhaps it is best if some things stay a mystery, if only to maintain his image.

This is what will probably (hopefully) happen. The reason the G-Man is so cool as a character is his mysterious nature and the fact that we know next to nothing about him apart from cryptic and vague hints dropped bit by bit to us over the last 10 years.

Back