The few things i hate in Valve Source Games

DarkevilPT

Reaction score
1. Thing is other country's configuration for the Console tab in-game!
*Im from Portugal so i use Portuguese Steam and i opted for the Portuguese Version of the games.. but to configure my console i have to do it manually because ~ doesn't work so i'll explain what do i have to do in every Source Game
[Go into Steam->MyGames tab-> (now in every source games)-> Click with the right button over the game-> Select Properties-> Set launch options and writeln "-console" | Then in-game with the console open i have to make a bind so.. (type in console "bind \ toggleconsole") for every time i clicked on \ my console open]
The problem of this is.. when i type \ in the game menu the console doesn't open.. it only open's when i go into some server and then i type \ and it switches to the game menu with the console open.. this is what i hate most in valve source games..

2. Thing is the Spray/Tags in the English steam with the steam defined to English and games installed in that language you can even see the image of the sprays tags in the game menu and u can add some image anywhere in your computer to the game..
In other languages that doesn't work.. so im going to post here a IMG to simplify what i'm saying first this is what appears.. and then.. to make it happen (to put another spray tag in my computer i mean) i have to predefine a paste with this localization C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\source game\game\materials\VGUI\logos\UI\ to make my own spray tags work in-game and with this i can see my own pictures and valve predefined tags..

3. Thing is the bad translation for some games in Portuguese.. like TeamFortress 2 that as a lot of bugs.. which i may think that there are Portuguese and Brazilian mixed which doesn't make any sense because British isn't the same as American.. its like to mexican to spanish.. isn't the same its different

And that are the reasons i'd like to discuss and that make a lot of people change to the English Default's of Steam and Valve Games... anyway.. does anyone has the same problem or you guys don't even use console or Spray tags in game lol?

*Note*: I don't know if this is a bug.. or its just Valve unknownleadge because in other languages the source game setts are a little different from the classic Counter Strike 1.6 (i mean game directory, pastes and to where the files go when u are downloading maps etc..)

Even though there is a subtitle setting for my local language, I think that the English edition of the games capture it better. So unless you're not good at English, I think that it should always be your #1 game to play it in. I just think that a lot of the excellent voice acting will be butchered by the translation, and it seems it does. I don't know who actually does the translations, but I doubt that it's a much invested area for Valve.

Portuguese and Brazilian mixed which doesn't make any sense because British isn't the same as American.

portuguese is much more different from brazilian than british is from american english. so i can understand it's an issue

It's like Estonian and W?ro. We understand W?ro but mixing them makes no sense. Seal k?nn?w? poisikesed kes s?rw?v?q oma raha?

Yeap that is what i'm saying. But its just a small issue that they could fixe.. That is why i'm posting it here...

Valve games don't suck, they are alive legends.
Says the True American Dude! I do say that as well but i'd like to have them in the "ALIVE LEGENDS MODE" in my own language with no bugs working perfectly included with Steam xD

Back