The game loads but it never starts.

M

mlabre01

I used to play this game a lot and it has always played fine. I recently came back to it, but I can no longer start the game. I start a new game and it starts loading, but at the end of the loading, the loading box practically breaks apart and spreads accross the whole screen. The only thing that has changed since I last played was that I updated my display drives, but I was directed to do that so that I could play Civilization IV.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Is HL2.exe in your firewall permissions page? Sometimes HL2 will crash because it doesn't have access to the internet.

Beerdude26 said:
Is HL2.exe in your firewall permissions page? Sometimes HL2 will crash because it doesn't have access to the internet.

This is obviously linked to the new drivers Beerend, didn't you read his post? Sometimes new drivers just don't like games for some unknown reasons. Your best bet is to 'roll-back' your drivers to an old version, they can be found on the cards site, install them and it should work.

Older drivers don't matter too much, the newest ones are usually just to keep things running a bit more smoothly, you shouldn't notice any difference.

Hectic Glenn said:

This is obviously linked to the new drivers Beerend, didn't you read his post? Sometimes new drivers just don't like games for some unknown reasons. Your best bet is to 'roll-back' your drivers to an old version, they can be found on the cards site, install them and it should work.

Older drivers don't matter too much, the newest ones are usually just to keep things running a bit more smoothly, you shouldn't notice any difference.
Unless he recently installed a new and fresh firewall :p

Back