The garden gnome (not a gman theory guys)

Atomic_Piggy

Reaction score
There is an achievement for episode two called "send the garden gnome into space". Does anyone know how to get this?
On a side note, did anyone else notice that lamaar was in the rocket?

(Oh yeah, and gman is the garden gnome}
/runs

The Gnome is in the first building you go into, where you contact Eli for the first time. You put him in Magnisun's rocket.

And yes, we all saw Llamar in the rocket.

Prepare to be in a world of hurt trying to transport the little guy :D

yeah i didnt see lamarr go in but when kleiner mentioned an additional 9 pounds or whatever everyone watching me play screamed lamarr. (maybe that could have a huge impact in the story line, lamarr could take over the moon LOL?!?!?)

Horrible isn't it?

I've just got out of the antlion tunnels with the little dude. I just left him in the grigg+sheck room when I went to get the extract :D Still its annoying cause I lost him a couple of times. God knows how I'm gonna get him around when I'm in the hotrod. Any suggestions?

God knows how I'm gonna get him around when I'm in the hotrod. Any suggestions?

Through blood, sweat and tears.

Seriusly though, this is the first Achievement I properly went for (second playthrough) and I when I got to the hotrod I saved it and gave up. You've pretty much got to put it in a space in the car and then when it falls out (it will) just launch it ahead with the Grav Gun, pick it up then repeat rinse the process. I'll reload that save game again later on.

Yeah, I've tried this and it is a world of hurt.
If try to stick him in the hot rod, he'll just slide out when there's a curve in the road.

Have fun transporting him when the Hunter Chopper is shooting at you. I had to try several times because I kept dying, even on Easy.

you can shove him in the back without him falling out. the space behind the seats. Wish i had a pic.

Damn I lost him. That part at the beginning of Freeman Pontifex ro whatever. Looking over the bridge, I put him down in front of that wall, unluckily the part with no mesh. He fell of. My last save was just at the end of the antlion tunnels. Tried again. Beat antlion guards again. Fixed lift again. Nearly reached the car, only ro remember I'd left him in the freaking elevator.
I'll reload and try again later. I just can't be assed to go through that again.

he, I left him too... only i left him next to the table Alyx was on down in the tunnels. Rememberd him the day after when I was in the car. NO SAVES

Yeah, luckily on the Nectarium levels, you can just leave him in a corner in the room where the vortigaunts are with Alyx, and pick him back up when you leave.

So what you're trying to say is you think the G-Man is some kind of mischevious gnome? If that's the case, you're going to need to come up with a theory to explain why he's SO DAMN TALL.

So what you're trying to say is you think the G-Man is some kind of mischevious gnome? If that's the case, you're going to need to come up with a theory to explain why he's SO DAMN TALL.

He has a shrinking device. Gman is not only gordon from the future, but he can also turn into a gnome at will. He goes into gnome form when spying on gordon or small girls.

Lamarr was sent to space?

I didn't know that, that's awful!

Lamarr was sent to space?

I didn't know that, that's awful!

I'm sure she'll return. After all, in HL2 she was teleported to a desert, but she came back. The atmosphere is no barrier for a determined and debeaked headcrab!

I thought that sending Lamarr to space was enough for the achievement, my first playthrough. I laughed my ass off closing the hatch. Especially after the 8 1\2 punds or whatever. I thought it was something i had done.

i just put the gnome into the rocket :)

do i need to close the hatch? I didnt need to in my first playthrough.

i just put the gnome into the rocket :)

do i need to close the hatch? I didn't need to in my first play through.

Yeah I think you get the achievement award right when the hatch closes. I have not done it myself, just something I have heard. This is defiantly an achievement for a sick day.

I wandered the Gnome right into the rocket, but never go the award. Luckily I saved just after plonking it in, I'll give it another bash in a bit.

Spoilery thingy...

I have just discovered that you only need to close the door to hear kleiner talking about overveight. Or does he always say that?

Always with gnobe or without with closed doors or open. No matter:)

Spoilery thingy...

I have just discovered that you only need to close the door to hear kleiner talking about overveight. Or does he always say that?
He does that anyway.

Well, I actually did get the gnome to the rocket. I put him inside it and...

Nothing. I was thinking maybe the achievement unlocks when the rocket launches, but no. So I might just go insane now.

Well, I actually did get the gnome to the rocket. I put him inside it and...

Nothing. I was thinking maybe the achievement unlocks when the rocket launches, but no. So I might just go insane now.

Close the hatch door!

I'm waiting to try this when I have the best part of a day to sit down and go through.

Lots of quicksaving seems to be the order of the day. Perhaps leaving the wee fella with Alyx and the Vorts before the Antlion tunnels will make that area a bit more stress free.

Back