The Happening Impressions

A bunch of my friends all think this is gonna be brilliant. I saw the trailer and laughed. I'm never gonna see this shit unless I see it with those friends just to see their reaction to how shitty it is. then again... they liked Lady in the Water.

(Spoilers: But let's face it, you don't REALLY want to see this movie.)

So the girl I'm out with last night is like "HAY, let's go to the movies" and I'm like "Sure" cause the last thing I saw in theatres was I Am Legend. So she points out this movie called The Happening and is like "This is a horror one", or we can do Iron Man or Hulk. I'm like "Okay, sure. I like horror flicks." Credits come up and it's "Written, Directed, and Ass****ed by M. Night Shyamalan" and I actually said under my breath "Oh goddamnit".

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with the general 3/10 rating that's going around this thread. It was horrible. And it sucks, because it's such a cool premise. Plants developing a way to wipe out humanity? ****, that shit could really happen. Even the "Hey this chemical makes people kill themselves" is ****nig AWESOME. Omg the scene with all the people WALKING off the building? or hanging themselves? Very cool.

but HAY LET'S RACE THE WIND AND HAVE THESE REALLY WEAK EMOTIONAL SCENES WITH JOHN ****ING LEGUIZAMO. It also seemed like Mark Wahlberg forgot how to act, not that he was ever spectacular. EVERY character has a scene where they FORGOT HOW TO TALK. Not to mention the OH BY THE WAY I HAD DESSERT WITH SOME GUY. What the goddamn ****, how WEAK was that.

Highlight of the movie: Zooey Deschanel is so ****ing cute when she cries.

Back