The International 2014 Tournament Concludes

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
After months of build-up and some extremely unpredictable Playoffs, The International 2014 tournament concluded earlier today after a Best-Of-5 grand final between NewBee and Vici Gaming. NewBee rose to dominance throughout Phase Three of the Playoffs, joining Vici in the Upper Bracket at the start of the main event.

Team_NEWBEE.png

During the grand final, NewBee continued to dominate the competition to head straight into the grand final before beating Vici Gaming 3-1 in the Best-Of-5 series. Winning The International 2014 has secured NewBee $5,028,308, while runner-ups Vici Gaming will be taking home 1,475,699. While this year's final wasn't quite as exciting as The International 2013 finals, it was still one hell of a tournament, and we're already looking forward to next year. The result of the tournament results can be found here.

Congratulations NewBee!

GREAT event. Actually made me play Dota 2 again. I wasnt that motivated to play it, because all of my friends play League of Legends and playing alone isnt that great, but after TI4 I will find some people and play more Dota 2.
What I hope is that Valve will make something like this for CSGO, because that is my game. (And they probably will, csgo is growing big)

So, no leaked photos of monitors in valve office this time? :( HYPE=KILLED

Back