The Jalopy :|

Cheomesh

Reaction score
Wonder what ever happened to this thing?

Jalopy.png

Would have liked to have a better gunner on my car during the game...

EDIT: Image fixed

Would have liked to try that one.

But the muscle just roars like hell, which makes it preferred.

Yeah, it's too bad they cut it from the game, I was looking forward to that train plow thing on the front. :D

I'm glad they cut it. The Jalopy was uglier than a vortigaunts ass.

It was pretty much a larger buggy. The Charger it got replaced with keeps things fresh, and it also helps that American Muscle kicks ass.

Like the pumpkin "Strider buster", it was a place-holder at best. The community was screaming for something with more charisma then another glorified go-cart.

I'm personally thankful. The first time I saw that thing I was thinking: "You've got t be kidding me, come one can't we do better then that?". Thankfully they choose to do just that. Three cheers for the Mopar!

In the commentary they said the original vehicle was designed to be crappy, with a negative response from alyx she saw it, and they said it gave the wrong impression of somthing you will need to stick with for a while, hence the upgrade. :D

Oh well, was sort of looking to meeting the resistance members in the forest who built it.

One thing I noticed about the Charger....sounds like Gordon doesnt know how to drive a stick...

I remember my old theories where Otis mounted that fridge on the back for an obvious purpose.

I saw it in videos,but it sounds better then the POS charger

Dodge.....:x

I remember my old theories where Otis mounted that fridge on the back for an obvious purpose.

I remember theorizing rather seriously that Alyx's comatose body was to be stored in that thing, and I'd have to drive it all the way to the base. No, I really thought that...

And where is the gun? I never saw one.

One thing I noticed about the Charger....sounds like Gordon doesnt know how to drive a stick...

heh, noticed that too, sounds horrible. I'd rather like it if they attempted to improve the engine sounds and for that matter car handling while they are at it.

Oh, and thank god they chose the Dodge over that thing, mopar or no car! Still I would have probably liked it more if they had picked a less cliche muscle car, 70's plymouth GTX, 68 dodge dart or even a cuda or challanger. The charger is almost as bad as having mustang in there...ok so maybe not THAT bad, in fact no where near that bad, but still.

The only thing cool about the Jalopy is that it had a radio you could listen to mp3's on. I never listen to music while playing HL though.

I saw it in videos,but it sounds better then the POS charger

Dodge.....:x

Dodge was actually cool back then.

And the it sounds best when its idling and once you get it to full speed/turbo. Other than that, I agree that it sounds kind of crappy.

Back