the maincharacters legs / possible hl2 connection

ZachAttack

Reaction score
OK,

so for some reason I couldn't stop looking at those things on her legs. Then last night something struck me. Shes an android right? Or at least an augmented clone of some sort. The things on her legs kind of remind me of the modifications made to the human legs of a 'stalker' from Half-life 2 and episode one.

MAYBE the combine had some dealings with the Aperture Science Foundation. That or they just stole a bunch of the technology they were developing.

meh

that or i'm reading WAY to into it.

look at me still talking while theres science to do.

peace

It's so she can withstand and survive jumps/falls from great heights. I really don't see much more to this.

Another thing I can see with the leg brace things is that they're there to inhibit player movement in terms of running speed and jumping height as compared to certain bearded crowbar-wielding theoretical physicists. If you notice the player character seems to be standing on her tiptoes, which is probably forced by the leg braces. You have any idea how hard it is to run or jump standing on your tiptoes? At least she's better at it than Princess No-Knees... :p

She's also not an android. That's just another hilerius statement from GlaDOS. One of the tests is an android proving ground and you get threatened with android hell at the end. It is an humerus aside.

Does anyone not see the resemblence between Chells shock absorbers and Eli's leg??

It's so she can withstand and survive jumps/falls from great heights. I really don't see much more to this.

Exactly.This was confirmed in one of the recent interviews.
She never takes any falling damage from any height.
Adding the braces made it a bit more believable.

OMG that must mean shes Eli's genetic mother! ... no wait

ya know... she is asian looking... and Eli's wife in the picture is rather asian looking... hmmmm.... bum bum bum

no, i'm not serious with this

You have any idea how hard it is to run or jump standing on your tiptoes? At least she's better at it than Princess No-Knees... :p
Running on tiptoes is very easy, and as for jumping it's incredibly difficult to jump from a flat-foot position, unless you force it, you almost always jump from your tip-toes.

...GOrdon from teh future!

Or wait, maybe she's just completely unconnected in any way to the characters of Half Life, since she could be, after all, absolutely anyone.

Does anyone not see the resemblence between Chells shock absorbers and Eli's leg??

This leg is not some new creation of valve, that style of artificial leg is used today. They flex to relive stress on the lower back when walking (they are great for running too) which is a problem of wooden legs and the like. This was on discovery channel long ago.

Chells has them so players don't question why She can fall so far with no damage (as stated in the commentary).

This leg is not some new creation of valve, that style of artificial leg is used today. They flex to relive stress on the lower back when walking (they are great for running too) which is a problem of wooden legs and the like. This was on discovery channel long ago.

Yeah, I seem to remember hearing they were first developed especially by and for amputees who were runners before becoming amputees.

ya know... she is asian looking... and Eli's wife in the picture is rather asian looking... hmmmm.... bum bum bum

no, i'm not serious with this

Oh right, I didn't know Eli's wife was called Chell. Stupid me. D:

EDIT: wiki says her name was Azian. o_O

Haven't you guys seen those people wearing these... sort of springloaded leg extenders that let you jump to crazy heights? It doesn't inhibit your jumping/falling abilities. It gives the same energy absorption of the tendons in kangaroos' legs. And with practice, they're damn comfortable. I've seen people do backflips and everything.

They're also used as artificial limbs in some cases. Basically rather handy, a bit straining when used for a prolonged time but well worth the benefits.

My bad, some people were implying that chell was eli's wife.

Chell Johnson is Gordon Freemans ex lover.

It all started when they discovered a common love for orange clothing, but it all ended in tears when Chell decided she didnt want to partake in vent crawling and while Gordon was an excellent listener, he just didnt seem to converse much.

So you see, in Episode 3, Chell will be back after spending years hunting down her long lost lover after hearing of his great deeds all over the world, and Alyx will be insanely jealous.

Back