The New and Improved Syringe Gun vs Blutsauger

Do you now prefer the Syringe Gun or Blutsauger?

• Syringe Gun

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Blutsauger

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • I don't play Medic (you selfish bastard)

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters

Operational

Reaction score
Now that the Syringe Gun has been buffed which do you generally prefer?

Personally I find the increased regen of the Syringe Gun to be fantastic. Sure the Blut is better in direct combat situations but if your team is half decent I find the extra healing to be excellent for staying alive while the enemy targets you and your allies finish them off.

Do you have those backwards? The Blutsauger is the one that gives you health.

There was an update like a week or two ago, I think. It was the same update where it became possible to throw sandviches.

blutsager is good for being on the offensive side. If you're trying to capture a point or push the cart, you'll need all the health you can sap while you run away from rushing defenders.

However, if you're on defence, you'll probably want health regeneration for when you are hiding damaged or on fire, to help with your chance of finding a health kit so your ubercharge doesn't disappear.

if that made any sense... :l

I don't play as the Medic, but I do have the Blutsauger equipped.

Besides, my motto for TF2 is: "I don't heal. I get healed."

So yeah, I'm a pretty selfish person.

Increased regen? Pfft, who needs it? I'm a medicinal vampire. Blutsauger is still the only choice.

medigun still sucks compared to the blutsauger...they went about this the wrong way. they should just have decreased the firing rate of the blutsauger.

There is hardly any difference between the old Blutsauger and the new Blutsauger, so I'd still use it any day over the Syringe gun.

Actually, the Medic himself got the boost in healing rate. The Blutsauger just lowers his healing rate. It's 3hp/s without, and 1 hp/s with the Blutsauger.
The most important part of the update was the bigger backpack.

If you've got the latency, aim, and creativity to use the blut, use it. If not, don't use the guns at all, just run and heal people.

I've been using the Blutsauger ever since the Medic pack, however I've now decided to change back to the Syringe Gun since the healing rate of +3/s is just fantastic.

I use the blutsauger because I can extinguish myself if I am set aflame. My heavy can take a few shots as I work on myself.

Wait, what? Link pls. I play medic a lot, and am not sure what you're talking about.

you can extinguish yourself with the health burst when you hit people with the blutsauger.

I still use the blutsauger since I am a proud battle medic, I just miss the 3hp/sec heal rate when healing people, that has saved me many times when I was on fire.

Back