the obvious ending (the way it all wraps up.) *spoilers*

storm024

Reaction score
many people question if this was a happy ending, so here is my summary of all the things that support, the way I think it was meant to be:
1. gordon wins!: up in space from the moon, if you look carefully, the planet looks, well, normal. Not ravaged of resources, no drained seas, all fine.
2. blue skies: when you step out, the sky is blue, wheat is growing, etc. Looks like people win.
3. get the hell out of my home: we can all remember the final cinematic, GLaDOS tells us that without chell, her life was alot better, and besides, 'the itch' is now satisfied by the robots, testing with her.
4. I kinda blacked out: most of us have seen that its night in the boss battle, yet day at the end. The explanation is the fact that, no oxygen = knocked out and wake up hours later.
5. want a sequel? ok: if valve wants to make a portal 3, they can just use the co-op bots, they fill the void, and besides, there is this cool thing called source sdk, you could use it to stop your itch too.
6. THE END: I am really sorry. I can't make this anymore blunt and 2 the point. Just like when wheatley said "I wish there were more books" gamers say "I wish there where more games", all experiences have to end and I am so sorry but, you just have to say bye, it was fun, and we all learned so much but an
end must be placed and I am so happy actually that chell got out of there, arn't you? I know how sad it is, but we all have to say 'bye' at some point. so, bye.

Remember photo we saw from citadel window, city 17 didn't look like damaged at all(but we know it was). Blue sky and wheat mean nothing too, maybe it's because combine killed everybody and now rest, calmly. Besides that combine can't be everywhere, so maybe this wheat field is just away from civilization. So i don't think Portal 2 spoiled Half-Life's storyline.

GlaDOS mention she saw two Humans walking past the Science Facility, but left them to their own devices as she had Chell

3. get the hell out of my home: we can all remember the final cinematic, GLaDOS tells us that without chell, her life was alot better, and besides, 'the itch' is now satisfied by the robots, testing with her.
When you play co-op, it becomes clear that actually the robots aren't as good at satisfying the itch as she had hoped.

Back