The ONLY REAL NEWS from the Radio Show

Netherscourge

Reaction score
1. Only a small portion of the Half Life 2 source code was stolen.
2. Valve is continuing with Half Life 2 production as scheduled.
3. There is NO COMPILED HL2 BETA. The video circulating was created by a HL2 fan and he openly admitted he made it on the Radio Show.

Out of the whole, retarded, 3 hour disgrace of public broadcasting, this is the ONLY information worth posting.

exactly...I KNEW there wouldnt be anything awesome said...I KNEW IT

although it was a large enough portion that it compiles and works, along with all the tools, they work.

P.S. there could have been a misunderstanding, gabe might have meant a small portion of HL2 as a game, which would be all the sourcecode, because in the scheme of the game it takes up very little space.

because if you recall gabes origial statement he said someone copied the source tree, that usually means all of it.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
although it was a large enough portion that it compiles and works, along with all the tools, they work.

P.S. there could have been a misunderstanding, gabe might have meant a small portion of HL2 as a game, which would be all the sourcecode, because in the scheme of the game it takes up very little space.

because if you recall gabes origial statement he said someone copied the source tree, that usually means all of it.

YEa - but a tree has many branches... They may not have assembled the entire source yet on the PC that was hacked.

Give them a break guys, they tried their best.
There's honestly no need to insult them, if you personally don't like them then just don't listen to the station.

Can people be that stupid? I'm not saying your wrong, but I'd like to believe that only a small fraction of the source code was stolen.

Originally posted by Netherscourge
YEa - but a tree has many branches... They may not have assembled the entire source yet on the PC that was hacked.

a "tree" includes all of the tree "branches", also remember all the source compiles and gives you a working hl2 engine.

but anyways, i'm going to go by what gabe said in his post, because all that halfliferadio said was hearsay, and it should be treated as such by all of us.

I read on GTYW (or WY)'s site that someone claimed to be entering Valve as a beta tester starting next week, and he openly admitted on planning to steal HL2 content. I already gave the heads up to Valve via their help e-mail address, but something tells me it was nothing more than an attention hog. I apologize for not posting the link, I'm in a library right now and can't seem to find it off of Google.

You missed an important fact, "the fake HL2 video is fun to watch"

Originally posted by spitcodfry
I read on GTYW (or WY)'s site that someone claimed to be entering Valve as a beta tester starting next week, and he openly admitted on planning to steal HL2 content. I already gave the heads up to Valve via their help e-mail address, but something tells me it was nothing more than an attention hog. I apologize for not posting the link, I'm in a library right now and can't seem to find it off of Google.

heres the link you want.

http://gtwy.hl2arena.com/#latest

Originally posted by D33
There's honestly no need to insult them, if you personally don't like them then just don't listen to the station.

Dude - are you listening to it? This is the first time in the history of radio that I wish there was a real 20 minute commercial - with advertisers and sponsors.

They sent a kid to the Valve office to gather information and all he did was play Counter Strike. I hope he's a free volunteer, because I would fire him so fast he'd still be at Valve playing Counter Strike...

Dude - are you listening to it? This is the first time in the history of radio that I wish there was a real 20 minute commercial - with advertisers and sponsors.

They sent a kid to the Valve office to gather information and all he did was play Counter Strike. I hope he's a free volunteer, because I would fire him so fast he'd still be at Valve playing Counter Strike...

haha

Originally posted by D33

agreed

a "tree" includes all of the tree "branches", also remember all the source compiles and gives you a working hl2 engine.

but anyways, i'm going to go by what gabe said in his post, because all that halfliferadio said was hearsay, and it should be treated as such by all of us.

Oh don't worry - I am not taking ANYTHING said on that show seriously until someone more respectable actually calls Valve and gets an Official confirmation.

I'm think about putting a disclaimer in my original post... Matter of fact, I will.

EDIT - I can't edit it - 15 minute limit :( I hope everyone takes that information with a grain of EPSOM salt.

Yeah, i was really looking forward to some questions being answered.

instead we found out about some other things which arent on the top of our list, BUT they are still pretty interesting. Im glad that they got the chance to tour, and find out what they did.

they sent gabe an email with their questions, so hopefully gabe will answer them.

what we dont need is people in the channel yelling and shit.. that was pretty pathetic.

and they were banned accordingly :)

but oh well, this fake video is pretty funny

NetherScourge is right guys. Also, they turned in a few pages of questions that users had originally submitted for Gabe to answer and reply to in the near future adnt when that gets back all of their efforts will be roughly 400 times more valuable I'd wager so they aren't done giving.

-Gio

Well technically we've fallen out with them so I guess I should be like most of you but I'm actually quite gutted they didn't get the result they wanted. They may not get some things right but they put a lot of work into it and in my opinion deserved better.

As for listening to it, no I didn't. Couldn't find a free slot on winamp.

yeah im one of the few lucky ones who is actually on air (but i dont talk).

thanks for the support D33

Originally posted by D33 Well technically we've fallen out with them so I guess I should be like most of you but I'm actually quite gutted they didn't get the result they wanted. They may not get some things right but they put a lot of work into it and in my opinion deserved better.

As for listening to it, no I didn't. Couldn't find a free slot on winamp.

Well, I guess we can respectfully disagree with each other :)

NetherScourge is right guys. Also, they turned in a few pages of questions that users had originally submitted for Gabe to answer and reply to in the near future adnt when that gets back all of their efforts will be roughly 400 times more valuable I'd wager so they aren't done giving.

-Gio

2. Valve is continuing with Half Life 2 production as scheduled.

THIS question is compeletly UNTRUE, they have already missed the release date by: 6-7 DAYS!!!

p.s. **** GABE

I was really disappointed in this. They didn't start until 3 hours late cause the guy that was going to tell all this quote," awesome imformation" had to freaking ride a bike to and from vavle to his dorm or whatever EAT DINNER! thn ride his boke mind you to somewhere else then talk on the show. Pissed me off

Re: Re: The ONLY REAL NEWS from the Radio Show

Originally posted by ApocalypseNow
THIS question is compeletly UNTRUE, they have already missed the release date by: 6-7 DAYS!!!

p.s. **** GABE

I think they were referring to the new HOLIDAY release schedule. No exact date of course, which means anytime between the day after Thanksgiving and New Years Day.

Originally posted by BrewHaHa
I was really disappointed in this. They didn't start until 3 hours late cause the guy that was going to tell all this quote," awesome imformation" had to freaking ride a bike to and from vavle to his dorm or whatever EAT DINNER! thn ride his boke mind you to somewhere else then talk on the show. Pissed me off

I quit listening when they got into potty-humor about farts.

Classy stuff.
:rolleyes:

I'm just hoping that they were accurate about only a potion of the Source Code being stolen.

Re: Re: Re: The ONLY REAL NEWS from the Radio Show

I think they were referring to the new HOLIDAY release schedule. No exact date of course, which means anytime between the day after Thanksgiving and New Years Day.

Still, what makes you think they will make the holiday release!?!?! I bet 5$ that they will delay it again those lieing ******s!

Re: Re: Re: Re: The ONLY REAL NEWS from the Radio Show

Still, what makes you think they will make the holiday release!?!?! I bet 5$ that they will delay it again those lieing ******s!

Would you relax dude?

Originally posted by D33

I didn't expect professional quality radio or anything, but come on, this was a f-n joke!

I at least expected them to conduct some sort of interview. As far as I can tell, they didn't even try that. What did they do, hand over like 100 pages of questions to Gabe and said "hey Gabe would you mind answering these?"

Then Gabe goes: "Um, tell you what guys, leave these questions here and I'll get back to you on that. Oh, would you like to try some CS?"

I hate valve since they delayed it....

hate is a pretty strong emotion for something as petty as a delayed game.

people need to get their priorities straight. geesh.

Originally posted by MrMethane
I didn't expect professional quality radio or anything, but come on, this was a f-n joke!

I at least expected them to conduct some sort of interview. As far as I can tell, they didn't even try that. What did they do, hand over like 100 pages of questions to Gabe and said "hey Gabe would you mind answering these?"

Then Gabe goes: "Um, tell you what guys, leave these questions here and I'll get back to you on that. Oh, would you like to try some CS?"

LOL

Yea - Gabe sure worked them over really good. The old "Bait and Switch."

He obviously wanted nothing to do with Half Life Radio.

I quit listening when they got into potty-humor about farts.

Oh, I missed that. That would've made my review more favorable ;)

I hate that u were born ApocalypseNow ;)

ppl like u make the world shit. die plz.

what make shte world go round people? Common sense. And what makes the world stop? the foolish who do not use common sense to keep the world going round

The highlight of the show for me was some women screaming cussing and going mad on the radio i found if pretty amusing!!

No offence but that radio only appealed to 12 year old kids who wanna hear how nice hl 2 is which we all know is cool. They talked about utter shit most the time too much music, too much hype , too much bull shit kiddy talk in the irc chat rooms just a publicity stunt...the radio station was so badly organized the fact that gabe didnt speak pure sucked ( his lame excuses about secuirty reasons ect) .. all BS! TOTAL BS he could have pre recorded somthing at least. The stupid god dam facts about the fukkin vending machine were a lame link to try figure out what to stay next on the radio.. .too many pauses anything else i can add... well yes but i wont because i know you guys put alot of "effort" into this well sorry but i recon alot of people could have done ALOT better.

sorry andy + crew but it sucked better luck next time.

btw when having these big "interviews" how about you drop all the birates to like 24k and host a few more servers without it chopping up like a bitch..

Thanks to guys who hosted decent servers other than the overloaded halflife radio pos!

Back