The Portal achievements discussion thread

Sedako

Chuck Steak
Reaction score
I figure we should have a thread dedicated to Portal achievements. Currently I'm trying to knock off my last couple golds from least steps used.

I have all the advanced levels done. but the challenge modes are proving to be quite difficult for me... :(

How do you get the bronze/silver/gold medals. I did the first few levels super fast, but I got nothing. Any ideas?

How do you get the bronze/silver/gold medals. I did the first few levels super fast, but I got nothing. Any ideas?

You need to go to bonus maps in the main menu and select challenges.

I did a few challenges on gold (about 4) and a lot on bronze\silver,and it didn't write anything about it in achievements(it's still 0/18 in everything).Do I need to complete all 18 so it will write or is it a bug ?

I can only get up to 26 or so camera kills. Have I missed some or do you have to do something special on the cameras on the metal surfaces, like hit them with an energy ball?

Edit: the Terminal Velocity achievement can be done with a long infinite fall. Bear in mind 30,000 feet is almost 6 miles. I left it for 7 minutes while I went to get some food and it worked. Also managed 31 / 33 cameras this playthrough, getting closer :/

I can only get up to 26 or so camera kills. Have I missed some or do you have to do something special on the cameras on the metal surfaces, like hit them with an energy ball?

Edit: the Terminal Velocity achievement can be done with a long infinite fall. Bear in mind 30,000 feet is almost 6 miles. I left it for 7 minutes while I went to get some food and it worked. Also managed 31 / 33 cameras this playthrough, getting closer :/

Hmm, how close were the two portals when you were looping? I left if for around 5 minutes when I tried. Also, I finished with 31/33 cameras myself.

Can you destroy cameras on walls that you can't place portals on ?

I got Gold for Challenge 13, doing 4 portal gates to finish. :D I was really proud, lol.

You can get the 30,000 feet achievement with an infinite loop portal.

Can you even knock off the cameras on black surfaces? I tried and only got 24/33.

Ok, I've gotten all the golds for least portals and least time... now for least steps :/

You can get the long jump achievement in the giant room with the turrets embedded in the walls. That's the part after challenge 19.

How can I jump 300 feet ? I tried falling through a long infinite loop (Chamber 18 ) and then placing a portal on the floor while falling fast, still wasn't high enough.

I did it with a double fling in the huge turret room. Wasn't trying to, it just happened. :)

If you want to get to the big turrent room, type

map escape_02

into the console ;)

edit: i just got it. You have to momentum jump about 4 times in one jump, using the angled bit as an exit.

I just got 32/33.

I want to kill something.

Likewise. Damn it!

I'm really crappy at the challenges, so I'm trying for this.

I did an infinite loop on the map where you have to launch yourself over the glass walls a couple of times (15-ish?), in the little bit up the stairs where there's a drop. I left it for 7 minutes then exited the loop, and got the 30,000 feet achievement.

What's wrong with my Achievements?! I couldn't get any of them except lab rat. Ive already finished the game and 4 of the advanced maps but the only one checked on my Achievements is Lab Rat. What am I doing wrong?

Commentary mode maybe?

I have it turned off. Now Im done with all the Advanced Maps and still no Achievements. Weird thing is that on the Achivements with counters like Vanilla Crazy Cake it says 6/6 but its still locked.

Hmm, for some reason my achievements are no longer working either. I have completed every bronze and silver challenge and they still both say 0/18.

I've beaten the game three times now.. it's not in there, that I can tell.

Anyone else here have an idea on how Id fix my Achievements?

I am having the same problem. Im going to do the last 2 over again see it that fixes my problem.

Got Camera Shy. There aren't any hidden ones, you just have to pay attention.

Challenge Achievements got fixed with the latest update. :)

I have at least bronze on everything except one stage... how in the bloody hell do you get 17 with least steps?

Well I have gone though the game again and still only got 32/33 here is where is how many cameras i found on each level starting when you get the gun.
test chamber 02: 03
test chamber 03: 03
test chamber 04: 02
test chamber 05: 03
test chamber 06: 00
test chamber 07: 00
test chamber 08: 00
test chamber 09: 00
test chamber 10: 01
test chamber 11: 01
test chamber 12: 00
test chamber 13: 02
test chamber 14: 00
test chamber 15: 05
test chamber 16: 05
test chamber 17: 02
test chamber 18: 02
test chamber 19: 03

can anyone tell me what level is the one im missing?

For those of you trying to fall 30,000 feet: You have to stand in an infinite loop for a really long time, i.e. 7 minutes.

For those of you trying to jump 300 feet: it doesn't all have to be in a single bound; it could be one jump going through 6 different portals with the total airtime being 600 feet and it would work.

Back