The Pulveriz0r!!11!!1!

Reaction score
The Polariz0R!!11!!1!

ok...seriously bored...anything to keep this board going untill sep.30th :)

in the huge E3 vid...

you'll notice that Alyx actually mentions a weapon/thinganob...if this weapon/thinganob is going to make it into the game as a usable weapon is another thing though...

here's what she says(unless I need hearing aid):

"...sure you don't want me to swap out the Polarizor"(something like that anyways....I'm at work)(currently I'm taking peoples word for it)

so now...we can start speculating wether or not this "Polarizor" will make it into the game...and what it'll be like. or if it's just a thinganob used in the experiment.

if it's a remake of an old weapon I'm thinking the "Beam-gun-thingie"(Tau-cannon?)

but I'm hoping for an all new weapon of course...

*edit* changed "pulverizer" to "polarizer", made appointment with ear-doctor(jk :p )

*edit* damn you can't change subject of the post...oh well

but she does!(unless of course I need hearing aid, which I'm pretty sure I don't)

right after the scientist answers "no, no that won't be nescesary...I just have to *insert scientific bable here*

I think she said polarizer, some sort of object that was being used in that experiment. It could be used to power a weapon tho :D

If it is it'll prolly be a big one you use at the bottom and aim about... loved those, especially airstriking the gargantuan :D:D

polarizer...hmmm could be...but she's saying it like a threat to the scientist so I'm guessing that it's some sort of weapon and not a part of the project they're working on...

oh well...gotta check it out with my sounds up when I get home...

it's something to do with the expirement theyre running, trust me ;/

"are u sure you dont want me to swab up the polarizor"

this doesnt mean it is a weapon. in my view it means that she wants to help the old guy to beat the combine. (she hates the combine, maby they have prisoned her father so you might need t resuqe him from the jail are or somkething like that). anyway.. it doesnt sound's like a weapon to me.

Originally posted by Insert
I saw a bird one time?!

the questionmark clearly hints to your lack of brain...

which leads me to my next point...looking through both our posts I don't see your post being noticably more worth than mine(on the contrary)

if you've got a problem with my post don't ****ing read them! I've already told you this once...if you stay clear of my posts, you wouldn't have reason to comment and I(and others) would be freed of your asshat remarks...

by the way...fighting supposed "spam"(weight on "supposed") with actual Spam, isn't the most clever idea.

so pull your head out of your ass before making remarks on other peoples threads.

Evil: do note that I started off thinking she said "pulveriser" which is ore likely to be weapon than the "polarizer"(if that is indeed what she says)

Originally posted by Insert
OOoooh, i posted in wrong topic, sry m8

I'm not your "m8 "!

and by the way I know what your intentions were with your last post, so don't think you can buy me off with a retarded excuse like that.

Seeming that this whole thread is stupid, starting with the title and ending with the fact that anyone with half an eardrum can tell she said "polarizer" and not "pulveriser", I don't think it's your right to go around telling people that disagree with this thread what to do.

first of: he didn't say he disagreed...just started spamming the topic...by all means disagree...I don't mind people disagreeing, but I do mind people who starts to spam my topics...

second of: if English isn't your first language it's quite easy to mix up the words "polarizer" and "pulverizer" especially when the sound isn't top notch because it's from a video-camera...

Originally posted by PriNcE oF SpAcE

second of: if English isn't your first language it's quite easy to mix up the words "polarizer" and "pulverizer" especially when the sound isn't top notch because it's from a video-camera...

If English isn't your first language, maybe you should have taken into consideration that the word might not actually have been what you thought it was, and spared from making this topic.

so basically you say that if you're unsure on some topic you should just shut up because this board is filled with arrogant tea-pissers?

so all you people out there with theories on HL2 should just shut up, because you're not sure if what you're saying is right...so please people shut up or you will annoy abomination!*cough*sarcasm*cough* especially people who don't speak English as their first language, you should just shut up, because maybe you misunderstood something that was said or written...

This is hardly a theory. It's so blindingly obvious that she didn't say "pulverizer".. or "Pulveriz0r!!11!!1!" as you put it. Check and re-check before you even think of making a topic like this, or it's just going to end up like this one.

it doesn't matter wether or not this is a theory the message you send is still the same...

and the topic only ended up like this because insert started spamming it...and you there after accused me of attacking people who disagreed with me, which I didn't....

by the way it's not like I keep saying that it's "pulverizer"...pretty much accepted that it was "polarizer" right away...but it was an honest mistake...

I don't think there's much point to this board if people are affraid of venting their ideas/suggestions/whatever(except flames & spam) because they might be wrong or told to shut up by the likes of you...

it doesn't matter wether or not this is a theory the message you send is still the same...

and the topic only ended up like this because insert started spamming it...and you there after accused me of attacking people who disagreed with me, which I didn't....

by the way it's not like I keep saying that it's "pulverizer"...pretty much accepted that it was "polarizer" right away...but it was an honest mistake...

I don't think there's much point to this board if people are affraid of venting their ideas/suggestions/whatever(except flames & spam) because they might be wrong or told to shut up by the likes of you...

I never told you to shut up, just gave a suggestion. There's a difference.

Yeah, I can't be bothered to carry on with this inane argument.

Originally posted by Abom|nation
Yeah, I can't be bothered to carry on with this inane argument.

well instead of pointing fingers at who actually started this "inane argument" :dozey:

I'll think I will point out that I've edited my first post so that it says "polarizor" instead of "pulverizer" ...and that it actually really doesn't matter that much if I mixed up these two words"(except actually making some people looking even more stupid when being assholes towards other people, because of a spelling error that all in all doesn't change anything), since the "polarizor, as Bad Hat in a much friendlier and non-spamming-way also pointed out, could in theory just aswell be a weapon...after all they've got a weapon called the "manipulator"(although that might not be the final name) so why not have a weapon called the "polarizor"?

She says " Do you need me to **** **** the polarizer". Then you could conclude that the polarizer is a part of the machine the scientist is working on. And I think I've heard "polarizer" being said IRL...but I can't really tell where or what it is.
And the stars stands for words I'm not shure of. But I think it should be "swap up".
It's no weapon, and I can't really understand how you could get such an idea.

Aren't you getting a little of topic now, children?

Originally posted by A.A
She says " Do you need me to **** **** the polarizer". Then you could conclude that the polarizer is a part of the machine the scientist is working on. And I think I've heard "polarizer" being said IRL...but I can't really tell where or what it is.
And the stars stands for words I'm not shure of. But I think it should be "swap up".
It's no weapon, and I can't really understand how you could get such an idea.

I do see your point...

but let me explain please...

at first do notice that I actually misunderstood the word and thought she said "pulverizer" which kinda sounds more like a weapon(but in theory also could be part of a machine/project)
and since we've got a weapon called the "manipulator" I don't think you could argue that "Polarizer" sounds any less like a weapon.

so...what made think this was a weapon was of course partly the name...but also the way I interpreted the scene(I have to re-study it when I get back hme though)

but here's what I've got so far:

when Alyx turn to the scientist, she rolls her eyes and look quite annoyed.

"look...you sure you don't want me to swap out the Polarizor?" I always interpreted this kinda of like the annoyed(but still friendly) "don't let me kick your ass!"

and perhaps in this case more like "look...do you really want me to swap out the polarizor to make you work faster?"(I interpret it as Alyx being annoyed of the scientist's work pace, what sort of leads to this is also the scientist response, and Alyx last sentence)

the scientist respond something like: "no, no that won't be nescesary...I just have to *insert scientific babble*" of course the scientist knows that Alyx won't act on her "threat" but he also got the hint that she was annoyed about his work pace, so he re-ensures her that he is nearly done.

in the end when Alyx spots the scanners, she says that they have to leave...if you pay attention you will hear that the scientist, is refusing(for lack of better word) saying some thing like that he just needs to etc. or "I'm nearly done" wereas Alyx frustrated yells that there isn't time and they have to go....

of course this is all guess work, since we only got a small segment of what's happening but that's how I interpret the scene...

She says "are you sure you don't want me to swap out the polarizer." And ya they might be working on a weapon since she says "this is the first chance we've had to really strike back at the combine." Personally my theory is that they are growing the ant-lion pheremone in those big tanks of liquid you see.

-Straylight

honestly now after viewing the scene over and over...I still can't tell what she's actually saying because of the background noise(volume near max)...I definitly don't think anyone with half an eardrum would be able to make it out...and as such I can totally understand how I could make it "Pulverizer" instead of "Polarizer"

honestly now after viewing the scene over and over...I still can't tell what she's actually saying because of the background noise(volume near max)...I definitly don't think anyone with half an eardrum would be able to make it out...and as such I can totally understand how I could make it "Pulverizer" instead of "Polarizer"

I'd suggest investing in some better speakers, then.

A polarizer is a special type of magnifying lens designed to cut out lens 'flare' to make sure any light passing through is kept 'clean' and unspoilt. When alyx asks 'are you sure you don't want me to swap out the polarizer?' she's basically asking wether she should change the lens in a device.

and Abom|nation.... please dont be so confrontational..... it's not nice! :E

just got a mail from Gabe and he said they would release the actual movies soon...so I guess I'll be able to tell then...

hopefully the fact that it won't be video footage will reduce the size...it took me 5,5 hours to download the 600mb video and I'm on 1MB connection... :-/

Originally posted by |MaTT|
and Abom|nation.... please dont be so confrontational..... it's not nice! :E

Maybe I'm not a nice person :p

Originally posted by Tull91
demos?..........riiiiiiiiiight!

If u'd bother to read the whole post u'll see that what he means is the e3 videos.

Originally posted by Tull91
demos?..........riiiiiiiiiight!

yes...as in not the videos recorded from a video camera!

*edit* changed demos to movies, since the first was a bit mis-leading.

Originally posted by baldrik
If u'd bother to read the whole post u'll see that what he means is the e3 videos.

it's all cool...saying demos was kinda mis-leading...but yes that's what I meant.

Back