The Reclaimer: New Game in Making

Ok, we gaot a new site up and running

i have the new site up and we are transferring the information over now. SO use this link instead of the first one.

The Reclaimer*click*

Dude... you've got way too many sections.. Cut most of them or you're gonna look empty.

Good god, you'll never get posts in all of those forums. Consolidate, man, consolidate!

That, and if you do start getting posts in all the forums, how much of a headache is it going to be for people to read through.

Should have at most 8 sections in a mod forum. Not one more. Could be shortened to 4 forums.

News
General Discussion
Suggestions
General Off-Topic Chat
General Game Chat - Don't really need this with Off-Topic.
Mapping - Don't really need this until release.
Modelling - Same as Mapping.
Other Editing - Sprites, Hud Components, Sprays, Etc.; Same as Mapping.

D:

Hell, I'd even cut it down further:

News
Mod discussion
Suggestions
Internal Development

-Angry Lawyer

look a the layout, it is two forums in one.

Top half is for the average users who want to add to the game, the bottom half is for the team members who are directly working on the game. It isnt all for everyone. that is why there are so many repeats of sections.

Even with that in mind, what everyone has said still stands really.

If you removed all the individual forums, and made each catagory into one forum, you'd probably be on a good start. That, and it might be best to hide the "Team forums", so not everyone can see them?

Some weapon statistics that we really havent decided on but have much hope for.

Terrants
Sniper 1 shot per round, 1 shot kill, 5-6 second reload time. Can hold an additional 7 rounds.
Rifle Particle weapon that accelarates plasma encased lead objects. Led is non lethal by thier standars, so it is an efficient metal for weaponry because of its weight. Can kill human player in 2 shots without shielding and anything else takes 10-16 shots. Semi-Auto.
SMG Full auto, shoots out biological bullets that inhabit the body of the enemy and cause fatigue. Only affective if hit nmerous times.
Grenade/ Ion Orb- Floats toward enemy that it is aimed at at a slightly faster speed thatn the enemy can walk. Has a 5 second fuse until it explodes with a blast radius of 2 meters. Although a small radius, anything caught in that radius is instantly destryed because the ensuing implosin of the grenande.

Alketh
Rocket like weapon Fires a ball of super-excited light particles that reflect off all reflective obects and stick to any non reflective surface. Detonate after 2 seconds post contact with surface.
Rifle Laser weapon that fires a beam of light that fualts electricalal equipement and penetrates any magnetic barrier for lakc of magnetism.
Stun Grenade Renders all brain waves inactive in the radius of ten feet. Usefll aginst telekenetic abilities. Within 15 meters, renders all senses useless for 3 seconds.

Human
Rocket Lancher Can only follow heat sources. Takes 4 seconds to have a strong lock. Destroys most vehicles, Balst radius of about 3 meters.
Assault Rifle Two settings, full auto: barrel opens up to lager diameter to allow bullets less friction in barrel. Semi-Auto: Barell shrinks for accrurate shooting.

Like Pi Mu Rho said, 99% of developers/publisher don't accept game submissions from anyone because of the almost guarenteed legal problems they'd have with it. Don't get your hopes up.

well, if it stayes a mod, then it stays a mod.

ok, the new forum is scrapped, please use the old link, it is at the bottom of this if you want to use that one. Anywhay, we now have a main character, soon to post concept art. We also have a story writer so progress will move smoother and faster.

We still need:

Concept Artists (Weapons, vehicles, characters, landscape)
Mappers (Multiplayer and campaign)
Moddelers (characters, weapons, vehicles)
C++ (AI programmers)

Oh, and we are currently under the developement of a new home page. (Just a home page, nothing special like what i displayed before). It is flash so it will be much cleaner.

Here is the forum link again: The Reclaimer Forum

I don't mean to be of insult to Cheesemonster, but if he's your concept artist, then you DEFINETLY need to get a new one.

I won't comment on his artistic ability, but he doesn't seem to be too good at drawing good concepts. His drawings wouldn't give a modeler much to work off of, considering they are fairly linear and in some parts, hard to understand.

Ok, sketchers and concept artists are different. A sketcher is an ok drawer who want to display what he thinks visually. A concept artist is a proffesional artist who is iether employed or volunteering to work with us. So just because i put pictures on that site doesnt mean i am a concept artist. I am searching for a good one who will work for free right now, so please do not critisize something you dont know about.

And can you read above please the list and tell me what the first line says, thank you, i think your question is answered.

En1gma said:
Ok, sketchers and concept artists are different. A sketcher is an ok drawer who want to display what he thinks visually. A concept artist is a proffesional artist who is iether employed or volunteering to work with us. So just because i put pictures on that site doesnt mean i am a concept artist. I am searching for a good one who will work for free right now, so please do not critisize something you dont know about.

And can you read above please the list and tell me what the first line says, thank you, i think your question is answered.

God damnt, why do people allways have to be dicks and take everything personally, then make a point to defend themselves against nothing.

I said IF he was your concept artist, and I think you'll agree that his drawings don't give a modeller much to work off of. I was just skimming through your "concept" art board, and was looking at his stuff, so don't go off on me about not knowing the difference between sketchings and concept art, when i'm reading stuff in concept art board. If you're going to have that attitude toward my response and want to try to make me look like a fool, then perhaps you shouldn't give him permissions to post in your concept art board.

And reading your plea for work, I just see "looking for concept artists". I don't see a "we don't have concept artists". For all I know, you may have two and are looking for a third.

Please, I even said that I wasn't insulting him. It's as if you went "hey, hey, lets get this guy and then everybody will think we rock because we have witty arguments!". I see it all too often, people get touchy feely and jump and absolutely nothing.

Sorry, but you took that personally too, at least i didnt get all mad and pissed off. Id ont know why people get so mad when you reply with such serious and directing words. But anywhay, i am sorry if i angered you. You are right that it doesnt give a moddeler much to work off of, but that is all we have at the moment, we just started. So once we get a real concept artist, and get the story going, then we will be able to produce much more detailed art.

En1gma said:
Sorry, but you took that personally too, at least i didnt get all mad and pissed off. Id ont know why people get so mad when you reply with such serious and directing words. But anywhay, i am sorry if i angered you. You are right that it doesnt give a moddeler much to work off of, but that is all we have at the moment, we just started. So once we get a real concept artist, and get the story going, then we will be able to produce much more detailed art.

I admit it, after re reading my post, I noticed I snapped :p

And I really hope this mod succeeds. Looks like an ace idea!

Back